Thread: Soccer

True that.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Ajax went through but what the hell was up with PSV and Feyenoord? I watched a few Feyenoord games in the Europe league and they were shocking defensively.

Theres so many groups in the damn Europa league its hard to keep up, but both Southampton and Inter out in their group lol.

If the world cup goes to 40 odd teams the group stages would be completely one sided, there would be no groups of death the top teams would be given a free path to the knock out stages. Just like this years Euros were, which was one of the worst if not the worst Euros ever.

Idk man Feyenoord is doing alright in the Eredivisie. I haven't watched their Euro games except for a few minutes today. I didn't expect them to make it in this group but that goal against today was totally unnecessary.
    AZ fought hard and made it too. It's always to good to have some representatives survive the group stages.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    If the world cup goes to 40 odd teams the group stages would be completely one sided, there would be no groups of death the top teams would be given a free path to the knock out stages. Just like this years Euros were, which was one of the worst if not the worst Euros ever.
    Now the idiot apparently wants penalty shoot outs for draws in the group stage the same way the Americans had them. You're right it was arguably the worst euros of all time, incredibly boring and a champion that didn't win a group stage game is a joke.

It's all just about how much money can they make from a couple of extra matches.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Awful to hear about a car bomb going off outside the Besiktas. Article said people were wounded but I hope nobody died.

Guardiola is a fraud. He took over two teams already at the top of their game and didn't have to do anything and now he's at a Manchester City team that really is pretty overrated and not balanced well and he's getting found out. Same thing at Bayern & Barca he can't organise a defence. The difference between Bayern/City and Barca was no Xavi.
    Last edited by The Hound; 12-10-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Awful to hear about a car bomb going off outside the Besiktas. Article said people were wounded but I hope nobody died.

Guardiola is a fraud. He took over two teams already at the top of their game and didn't have to do anything and now he's at a Manchester City team that really is pretty overrated and not balanced well and he's getting found out. Same thing at Bayern & Barca he can't organise a defence. The difference between Bayern/City and Barca was no Xavi.
    Yeah happened after a game today, that area near our stadium is one of the busiest areas in the city. Luckily the fans were all gone by then but there is said to be a few deaths, the stupid government has banned any real details being released so don't know the amount of dead. If the blast happened further down the road then it would be in an area where all the fans gather before and after the games.

Guardiola is just changing the team too much, every game its different and with that you get a shaky defence. The team isn't clicking, he could get away with Barca or Bayern because they were God-tier teams but at Man city his tactics are getting abused.

Banned

Guardiola needs a super team but really he failed in Europe with Bayern even though they were the top team when he took over. Bayern fucked up by not keeping Heynckes for a year and then signing Thomas Tuchel who was obviously a quality manager. They also fucked up but giving Xabi Alonso the money they wouldn't give to Toni Kroos, but I digress. That Manchester City gets propped up by Sergio Aguero, they need an entirely new defence and goalkeeper which isn't Peps specialty.

I'm glad that RB Leipzig finally lost. I hope this means the bubble has burst and they'll fade away out of European spots. It'd be good to see Hertha back in the champions league.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Kinda boring champions league ties. Arsenal, again and it'll be a disaster if they don't put Arsenal away. I'll be interested to see how Dortmund handle being favourites and Leverkusen won't do anything their league form has been awful.

Barca v PSG is probably the pick in starts but something drastically needs to improve from PSG. Real v Napoli might be good too.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Was really rooting for Kashima Antlers to win the world club cup.

Dumb referee had his hand in his pocket to give Ramos a second yellow but when he realised it was Ramos he backed off. fucking corrupt FIFA and their bullshit, Kashima deserved it played out of their minds.

Anyone see the merseyside derby yesterday? That's the scrappiest game I've seen in years. Can't believe Barkley didn't get sent off during that. First the tackle, which is the clearest red card I've seen in awhile, then when he's on a yellow he kicks the ball away after Liverpool was awarded a freekick. Good thing karma caught up with them in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Banned

I caught some of it on this LFC TV channel we've got out here and it was a boring shit game, I'm glad the EPL is on the other crappy pay tv provider it's much better watching La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Was really rooting for Kashima Antlers to win the world club cup.

Dumb referee had his hand in his pocket to give Ramos a second yellow but when he realised it was Ramos he backed off. fucking corrupt FIFA and their bullshit, Kashima deserved it played out of their minds.
    Yeah I was sad that Kasima lost it would have been really good for Asian football to get some recognition after a horror World Cup. Kasima didn't win the AFC champions league though Jeonbuk but they lost in the first match against America. Lol Auckland City are in it every year.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    Anyone see the merseyside derby yesterday? That's the scrappiest game I've seen in years. Can't believe Barkley didn't get sent off during that. First the tackle, which is the clearest red card I've seen in awhile, then when he's on a yellow he kicks the ball away after Liverpool was awarded a freekick. Good thing karma caught up with them in the end.
    The genuine lack of any quality was shocking. The players were just chasing the ball just so they can barge the opponent when they got there.

Chelsea look like a proper old school Italian team. They won't lose easily.

Banned

Oscar moved to a Chinese team lol it's funny reading Wenger and Conte saying the premier league needs to be wary of the Chinese teams money when the only reason people play in England is for the money

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I don't know why Chelsea complaining about China, they just offloaded a player who didn't play that much this season for 50million. The players themselves are earning insane amounts of money over there, i cant really blame them for going over. These players don't have real ambition, especially the south american players so China is a great option for them.

Banned

After making a real dumb move in hiring an American manager Swansea sacked him after 11 games lol they could do a Serie A thing and re-hire the original manager. I'm really cheering for Leicester to go down.

I was reading that Red Bull want to get involved in West Ham and the English media are all for it and think it's a good thing? It's sickening what they've done to the Bundesliga and it's annoying that RB Leipzig have media support in England. I hope Red Bull doesn't get involved in England because Leipzig will be to West Ham what Salzburg are to Leipzig which is somrhhing to vacuum

Quoting ≠ Agreement.