Thread: Soccer

Banned

Apparently FIFA are close to approving a 48 team World Cup in 2026 lol that's just ridiculous. 16 groups of 3 then a 32 team knockout.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

16 groups of 3 teams? Why not 12 groups of 4 teams and only top 2 qualify. A 32 team knockout is way too long

I have run out of words to describe FIFA. 48 teams? Its going to end up like the Rugby world cup or the basketball world cup. Elite nations pounding on the smaller nations until the quarter finals. Makes the group stages and second rounds pointless.

Banned

Lol Barcelona sacked a director because he said Messi wouldn't be as good without his team mates. Umm, how is he wrong? He still said Messi was the best but he's right and at international level it's been proven without Xavi and to a lesser extent Iniesta he hasn't been as dominant than he has at club level. It's a team sport after all.

FIFA expanded the World Cup purely for the extra money.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Van Basten wants to get rid of the offside rule now. These monkeys on typewriters at FIFA need to be stopped

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

FIFA just needs to fuck off, they are really sucking the soul out of the game.

Memphis Depay goes to Lyon, so much hype when he first came to United. City get Gabriel Jesus. I am happy to see City fail and Jesus won't solve their problems.

spaceball soon

Gerard Deulofeu: AC Milan announce signing of Everton winger before deleting tweet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38698852

trololo, the image they put up of Gerard on their twitter was some weird yakuub big head photoshop..

Banned

Lmao

Holy fuck that's terrible. It's gotta be one of the worst logos in the world, even the shitty A-League logos are better than that.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^ Thought it was some sorta Japanese team there for a minute

LOL

they cant be going with that logo?
    you gotta be kidding me

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    FIFA just needs to fuck off, they are really sucking the soul out of the game.

Memphis Depay goes to Lyon, so much hype when he first came to United. City get Gabriel Jesus. I am happy to see City fail and Jesus won't solve their problems.
    I think Jesus will be a great signing for City.

Happy to see both City and United fail. Nothing but money clubs at this stage. Except uniteds fans are totally delusional and still complain about City and Chelsea spending money.

Banned

The entire English league is nothing but money, all of the top 6 or 7 European leagues are but England especially

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^^

Sunderland set to sign Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo, as the club is also due to be renamed "Everton B". (they also have Victor Anichebe, Steven Pienaar, Jack Rodwell, and Jolyeon Lescott, well played David, Well played,

Sunderland also rumoured to be in the hunt for Tony Hibbert and Lee Carsley and Leon Osman.

been an Everton fan since my first packet of stickers(when I was 8) had a shiny Everton badge In it. trolololo. kinda gave up watching football about 2010, only really watched everton games on line, why watch other shit? but that made me appreciate the skill and technique more.. so now I watch other premier league shit, but before 2010, I was a mad head on footy, like many of you I guess, could name so many players/teams and had knowledge of footballing shit,. kinda pointless knowledge..

have to admit. I enjoy the game (watching) a lot more now, I don't have that built in tribal mentality wanting certain teams to lose, or not liking players cos of their team/past... its a fun game when to watch when you get past the bullshit.. just enjoy the skillz..

but during the time of not watching, I still played and I still play.. any of you guys play footy? I been playing sunday league from 96 to about 2005, then just with my friends on a Friday night.. just 5-6 a side shit..

Banned

I enjoy watching Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga which is on TV here, the only teams I hope lose are RB Leipzig and Hoffenheim because they go against the soul of the league. Serie A from the 90's to early 2000's was the best for me but I think football peaked for me with France 98, I don't really care as much anymore.

I support Sydney FC. We signed Milos Ninkovic who is so far ahead of anyone else in the league it isn't funny. We've played 17, won 13 and drawn 4. I hope we don't choke.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.