Thread: Soccer

Spain-Portugal VERY exciting game

lol Iran is group leader now. that's not gonna last long

Saudi Arabia are just bad so no surprise they got beat like that. The defending was horrendous at times but even so this Russian team is old and slow with no creativity apart from Golovin. Lets see how they fair against Egypt (with Salah) and Uruguay.

As for Uruguay they need a bit of width in their play, they need to feed Cavani and Suarez. Suarez looked like dirt in the first game but Cavani was on it. His technique is excellent could of scored 3 epic goals. The team looked like trash but Uruguay if they get into a rhythm with the defence they got they could just be the Italy of the tournament. Winning games by playing shit.

Morocco shot themselves in the foot, they were a better side than Iran but im happy Iran won, apart from the boot thing i didn't know teams cancelled friendlies with them because of diplomatic pressure which is just ridiculous, one of those nations was Kosovo which is just disappointing. Thats it for them though they aint beating Spain or Portugal. As for that game great stuff. Spain played some amazing football at times but were done by simple mistakes. The penalty, De Gea mistake and giving away a foolish free kick. The first Spanish goal shouldn't have counted either, i thought that was a foul on Pepe. I would have preferred if Andre Silva started instead of Guedes as he looked lost at times, Portugal also look better whenever Quaresma is on the field. As for Spain they looked solid apart from the stupid mistakes. Diego Costa off to a good start is important for them.

As for Golden boot I think Diego Costa can stat pad against Morocco and Iran. Poland are in a group with a bunch of shaky defences so Lewandowski can do well to.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Croatia up tomorrow. Let's go u fuckers. U BOJ! U BOJ ZA NAROD SVOJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

That was definitely a foul on pepe.

Is there any country or tournament where video refereeing actually works?

It caused a lot of bad feelings in our national competition this season, the forst season with VAR. You got 3 people (in Belgium) together in a bus watching the game. How the eff can you still continuoisly make the wrong calls? Makes no sense to me lol.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-16-2018 at 02:50 AM.

So VAR used today and look it works. Don't know what Umtiti was thinking, France looks bland. It's all because of Deschamps and his insistence on playing Pogba, Kante and Tollisso. 3 similar players so they lacked any creativity or width. Just play start with Fekir and fuck Lucas Hernandez for the constant play acting. Aussies did well but offered no threat.

Thats where Iceland separate from the other well organised defensive teams. Iceland have a threat going forward. Every time they attacked against Argentina they threatened. Argentina just couldn't penetrate that defense. Though I thought they should have had a second penalty, where was VAR there? the ref didn't even have a look. Argentina yes they have Messi but this team shouldn't revolve around one player, its ridiculous that such a stacked team looks to one man. The tempo in midfield for Argentina was pathetically slow and I blame Mascherano for that, they need a more dynamic midfield. They played with a slow tempo and it effected the guys upfront and made it easy for Iceland to defend. I say all this but 4 years ago Argentina had the same problems and they made it to the final. They need to make use of Dybala though.

whay day does the tournament start?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Durag, Rame and Masked Avenger : very much looking forward to your contributions too. The best summers are the WC summers!!
    My teams didn't place so I don't think I'll watch too many games. It's weird not seeing the whole country color orange.

Iceland played well though. Might keep an eye on them.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    My teams didn't place so I don't think I'll watch too many games. It's weird not seeing the whole country color orange.

Iceland played well though. Might keep an eye on them.
    WC sucks when u dont have team to support....Belgium as a replacement?
    Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

Belgium has a lot of potential of course. Lots of dutchies support them or Germany but it's just not the same.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RIG BROCK View Post
    Would like to whip it into her box
    Allah is my bitch

Germany lost lol, Mexico played with heart.

I think this'll be the wake up call ze Germans needed.

Yeah the Germans were awful. Muller, Ozil, Khedira were just slow and didn't look interested. Felt like someone brought them by force. The only German who kind of played was Draxler, everyone else was awful. Werner did nothing upfront. This is probably what the Germans needed though to wake up. Loew needs to beat them with a stick or something.

Mexico played with heart but they also had the right gameplan in the first half. Press the Germans in midfield and make sure that instead of Kroos on the ball have Hummels and Boeteng play it out from the back. They did nothing and on top they made huge mistakes. Kept losing the ball and Khedira just didn't offer the protection the centre backs needed. The Mexican gameplan worked great but they did wear themselves out and were wasteful actually. They should have atleast scored 2. More teams need to do this against the big teams, don't let them play. show some teeth and you might actually win.

Brazil also. They looked good for 20 minutes then Switzerland just came back into the game. Brazil ran out of ideas. I prefer them with Firmino, yes Gabriel Jesus is good but Firmino has the skill sets they need.

England and Belgium to win easily tomorrow.

I thought Neymar was ok again in the last few friendlies but idk what the hell he was playing at yesterday. Some seriously weak shit. And Willian ... dude was in lazy bum mode.

Predictably Panama parked the bus in the game against Belgium. The sloppiness of some of the Belgian attacks in the first half won't do against better countries. The second half was good (3 Belgian goals) but honestly, coach, why even select players who are active in the Chinese competition, which is sublevel. Let Witsel and Carrasco count their money on holiday somewhere. Witsel was practically invisible and Carrasco was clearly struggling in his role. He is now used to being an attacker in weak ass China, he doesn't know how to cover a whole flank anymore. He almost caused the Panamese to score.

Should have selected Naingolan.

Still an enjoyable game, especially the second half. Kevin Debruyne should have gotten red for his stupid foot-in-stomach, how dumb can you be as a player. Great player, I really don't understand why this hooligan/ballerina move was 'necessary'.