Thread: Soccer

In the first games all teams have looked shit. For Belgium that was the case to but in the second half I thought they played well and the goals they scored were excellent, especially the second. In the first half the game stopped a lot, a lot of stupid fouls and it killed the momentum of the game, Belgium were walking in the first half literally walking. De Bruyne looks lost or is just unhappy with the position he is playing. Manager needs to sort a few things out but for now I think with the quality Belgium have they should win the group.

As with England they started really well but second half against a team that had no intention of attacking they didn't know what to do. In the end they had to rely on good set pieces and shitting marking from the Tunisian players.

i hear the ref has been checking player's drawls for skid marks

Iran for World Cup winner. You heard it here first.

winner of killing the most olympians?

So far it's been a shit world cup. 9 games have finished 1-0. Only quality game was Spain - Portugal with Mexico - Germany being an good one until the second half. Today was bloody awful, Portugal and Uruguay sat on a 1-0 lead. In the last world cup there were a shit ton of goals in the group stage.

Wow! Argentina bloody hell what a useless performance. Absolutely nothing in midfield, i can't even blame Messi. Didn't even get the ball in a good area. Croatia were terrific in the second half. So far got to say they look the best side of the tournament so far, Modric and Rakitic are just amazing. They ain't lazy either they were pressing Argentina like crazy.

I guess people won't be laughing at the Swiss anymore now. I got Serbian famalam (my sis is married to a Serb) so all is not well at Casa Towers haha.

man, these belgiums are torching tunis

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I guess people won't be laughing at the Swiss anymore now. I got Serbian famalam (my sis is married to a Serb) so all is not well at Casa Towers haha.
    It was actually quite a politically charged game. 4 Kosovans, 1 Bosnian and 2 Croats in the Swiss team who all had to immigrate to Switzerland because of the war. Serbia should of had a penalty though that 2 man faul was ridiculous but VAR not checking that was worse. I don't think the groups done though, Serbia have the quality to beat Brazil.

Belgium just ran a train through Tunisia but Batshuayi's misses lol. He could of got a hat-trick.

I'm normally very critical of the Belgian team (it's a national sport round here, more so than actual soccer hahaha) but yeah this was definitely HUNTING SEASON. A great watch, for neutral soccer fans as well. Glad to hear yall enjoyed the game.

lol @ Batshuayi having only about 15 minutes playing time and still having about four or so good chances

I'm very curious about the game against England next Thursday. It should be the first real indication of how the Belgians hold up against a good team. Then again, there won't be much to win or lose in that last game of the first round for either of the teams, so there's also that.

I have to admit Witsel and Carrasco were much better this time around than in their first half against Panama.

I'd say everybody did well this time around, although there was the occasional mix up in the defensive zone, which led to those two Tunisian goals

I hope Lukaku didn't injure himself. Haven't heard anything about it yet so he's probably alright.

Toni fuckin' Kroos. 94 minutes of some of his worst playing. Then : goal.

Jeez.

What a fucking game though. I think this game just confirms the huge problems Germany have in the dressing room. No cohesion, slow football and players just not playing to their standards. I have no idea what the fuck Boeteng was doing all game. He would get the ball move forward and do something stupid leaving all that room behind him empty. Just give the ball to Kroos or Gundogan they should be the ones distributing the ball not you. Germany got caught out all the time one of their defenders decided to play the ball. Just get it out of your feet, stop fucking around.

They should just start with Gomez and have Werner come on later because they get nothing out of Werner. Muller was also awful. In general Germany were just terrible but Sweden. Your playing with an extra man and they barely did anything in the last 10 minutes. So negative, no desire to keep the ball at all. At the end of the day teams who just defend defend defend deserve to lose. From a neutral perspective Germany going out would be bad for the tournament.

Also on the Mexico - South Korea game. What the fuck is the point of VAR if it doesn't spot the clear cut faul before the second Mexican goal? You couldn't get clearer yet the ref didn't even bother and because of that South Korea get knocked out.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Watching croatia bought me back to 98 fuck we did well. Belgium look good. France Meh. Germans will probably win this thing again. Brazil meh. My lukaku bet looking good
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Shaolin Student

I wanna see Brazil vs. Belgium. Hope Belgium will advance far. Germany vs. Sweden game was off the hook, Kroos just shot the lights out in the last possible moment. Legendary. The German team is a mystery box. You don't know what you gonna get. They should let the youngsters start, i.e. Brandt. The old guys, Muller, Ozil etc. don't seem to be too hungry any more. Neuer excluded.

not to hate, but I was watching ultimate frisbee this weekend and it was more exciting than the world cup.