Thread: Soccer

aka Dr. HappyHorseShit ironmantis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    that shit is 2:15 legit looked like 06 in the barca days.

2:58 some more naaasty skill.

no look to pippo at 3:30

dinho could have had 4 other assists.

thanks man, was looking on youtube for bit, and just ended up watching loads of other Ronaldinho no look passes and skills from back in the days, lol.

That was one hell of an opening game from Milan, they look more determined.

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.

Wu Vatican

robinho officially at AC.

hunteelar to schakle for 13 mil. boriello to roma on loan for 2 mil, option to buy for 12 more if they want.

look out.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

I read that was gonna happen the other day. And even though I was happy to see Robinho link up with Pato, Ibra & Dinho, I think Milan took a slight step backwards loaning (probably will become permanent) out a good young player in Boriello to a rival team. Just my opinion.

You can see Milan have been in transition lately, trying to get all their young players a lot of playing time on the pitch, I just don't want to see them get rid of their young players as that's what got them in trouble in the first place a few years ago.

Can't say i'm not excited to see the Brazilian trio attacking teams, with Ibra, Pirlo and Seedorf or Prince supporting, it's gotta hurt teams, lol.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.

good transfers by Milan.

they got Ibra, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Pato as their attacking force. highly impressive. Serie A should be good this season.

silvio must have cashed out some serious dough on the last day... ibra and robinho's salary could sink most of the clubs' budgets.
    it's pretty impressive for the champions league, but their defense doesn't match their attack. maybe this winter...

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by ironmantis View Post
    I read that was gonna happen the other day. And even though I was happy to see Robinho link up with Pato, Ibra & Dinho, I think Milan took a slight step backwards loaning (probably will become permanent) out a good young player in Boriello to a rival team. Just my opinion.

You can see Milan have been in transition lately, trying to get all their young players a lot of playing time on the pitch, I just don't want to see them get rid of their young players as that's what got them in trouble in the first place a few years ago.

Can't say i'm not excited to see the Brazilian trio attacking teams, with Ibra, Pirlo and Seedorf or Prince supporting, it's gotta hurt teams, lol.
    robinho 26 > borriello 28

i like borriello, he can hold the ball up well and has good feet for a bigger striker. i would have preferred to keep him as a sub for ibra, but 2 forwards in, 2 out i suppose. the four of them plus pippo is a great attacking force.

borriello scored some fantastic goals last year, but it was still only 15 or so for milan last year. he is not quite at the level to lead the line at a world class club. he would be a very good striker for a mid-level/lower table club though.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchShin View Post
    silvio must have cashed out some serious dough on the last day... ibra and robinho's salary could sink most of the clubs' budgets.
    it's pretty impressive for the champions league, but their defense doesn't match their attack. maybe this winter...
    getting ibra for 24, and robinho for between 12-18 million (ive read conflicting reports). selling hunty for 13 and borriello for 15 (2 now, 13 next year if roma want to buy him, if not he will be sold to someone for around there). losing their salaries, and making ibra and binho take pay cuts, id say milan were extremely frugal and disciplined in their transfers. they are the antithesis of man city and real madrid right now.

not to mention they have 8 verterans on the final year of their contracts that will open up 80 million in payroll next year which will allow them to sign some good young talent i think they are on the right track.

as far as the defense, agreed it is certainly not as strong as the attack, with the wingbacks being particularly weakspots, but the players there are not bad. antonini has great pace and attacks well enough, zambrotta is still decent although on the decline, not a big bonera or oddo fan. but nesta and silva are still one of the best center back pairings in the world. i can think of maybe only a couple other clubs with a better duo back there. they also brough in yepes and socrates who are good backups. own-goal machine kaldaze and american statue gooch are also on the bench. so they certainly have depth their at least.

the mid is also deeper than last year with seedorf, pirlo, ambro, gattuso, prince, abate, and flamini to rotate in.

all in all i think milan can go far if they gel quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    robinho 26 > borriello 28

i like borriello, he can hold the ball up well and has good feet for a bigger striker. i would have preferred to keep him as a sub for ibra, but 2 forwards in, 2 out i suppose. the four of them plus pippo is a great attacking force.

borriello scored some fantastic goals last year, but it was still only 15 or so for milan last year. he is not quite at the level to lead the line at a world class club. he would be a very good striker for a mid-level/lower table club though.

lol, you got me on that one. I guess I should have checked my facts. I would have thought Borriello was younger than Robinho as it seems Robinho has been around for quite a while. I did like him though, even though he didn't score lots of goals, he did score spectacular goals and important ones.

I guess they must have got rid of Mancini, unless he was just a short term option?

I am actually happy that they are playing their young wing backs as it's giving them valueable experience whilst Milan is in transition, instead of giving more time to maybe Oddo and Jankulovski. Plus, Abatti is a running machine on the right, when he plays, just not brilliant at defending yet.

The player that I liked the look who played in the Emirates Cup was Alexander Merkel, he run around like blue ass fly, sort of like a gattuso, a good player for the future hopefully.
    Last edited by ironmantis; 09-01-2010 at 07:58 AM.

John W. Henry

Fuck an international break... Fuck England... Fuck Spain.

I need to place a bet that Gerrard and Torres come back injured.

Gerrard seems motivated though, they better put him forward like they did against Hungary. Damn that was a nice game, Stevie G at his top. And the way he celebrates to encourage the team, I don't know why they didn't make him the captain in the first place before terry and Ferdinand.

In other news, the French team is still a joke.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Fuck an international break... Fuck England... Fuck Spain.

I need to place a bet that Gerrard and Torres come back injured.

for fucking real yo. one game in to Serie A and then an international break. wtf. i wanna see ro ro pa ib!!!

John W. Henry

It's annoying... nothing seems to be planned between fifa, the fa and uefa.

I'd rather watch a Liverpool epl match than an England euro qualifier, for a tournament that is two years away.

They need a better cycle, and to shorten the qualifiers down to at most a year... or have a big break where all the qualifiers are played, rather than stringing them out with friendlies in between.

...if Torres comes back injured again, Liverpool are fucked (we failed to sign a decent back-up for 'Nando). We should have signed Fernando Llorente Torres.

wow France lost to Belarus and Portugal drew with Cyprus.

England looked good but i still believe this England team is done.

anyone see the goal by Hamit Altintop for Turkey in our game against Kazakhstan?? fucking epic goal. best iv ever seen scored in a Turkey shirt.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

getting sick of international football now. Means nothing to me. This qualification system is a joke to me. Why the fuck do we have to interrupt a season to watch teams like san marino and faore islands and co get beat 7-0?

Wu Vatican

fucking super goal.

shit was a drawn up play too, i dont think the coach would have ever thought it was going to work out like that!!

too bad for hamit it was against Kazakhstan and not in the CL or something, but i suppose doing on the training pitch would still have been better than most people have ever done!