Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu-tang Canada

Veteran Member

Default Re: Wu-tang Canada

Yall in canada cant spit much, kardinal offishall seems to be the only cat holding it down along side saukrates,
    Forgotten Brotherhood

Veteran Member

nio disrespect intended
    Forgotten Brotherhood

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet-One
    this thread had nothing to do with shows, its about talent in canada, and trust me we have emcees that would just straight murder cats like northstar and keep it real and rugged, the exact style wu needs, trust me
    What makes u think you got cats that can murder northstar? u make them look weak? Northstars are doing thier thing and thats where their strengths lie, there are one or more cats that can murder Ghost, Rae, Meth etc from every country, i am sure there is a rep from Canada, Japan, Europe, Africa, and Australia maybe, so your point is irrelevant. There are cats are the streets in US who can spit flame, but aint signed, Northstar is and they damn sure make good wu music.
    Forgotten Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by wutang 10304
    i dont kno.

RZA got alot on his hands though
    True that

Quote Originally Posted by warghost
    why do shows up there, you guys cant even get 100 people to go to a baseball game. revenue generated from a show would'nt even pay for the flight.
    Thats just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by The 7th
    Yall in canada cant spit much, kardinal offishall seems to be the only cat holding it down along side saukrates,
    Theres tons and tons and tons of Cats that can spit. Theres this guy called K-os who does a cover of Liquid Swords on his shows. Pretty cool

but anyways...lets get some Wu tang here in Canada. There are TONS of fans in the Toronto area

Quote Originally Posted by warghost
    why do shows up there, you guys cant even get 100 people to go to a baseball game. revenue generated from a show would'nt even pay for the flight.
    Keep in mind you are comparing what would be a sick hip-hop performance to a wack baseball team. Even then, currently the Jays arent doing that bad..around 500....attendences are rising a bit.

separatin game from truth

Quote Originally Posted by The 7th
    Kardinal and Saukrates are the two best Canadian emcees in my opinion, but there's other cats you'd probably like if you heard them. Infinite and Mathematik are two that come to mind right away. That one cat from Citizen Kane is another one. I think the problem is exposure.... I know that I'm not even aware of a lot of emcees out of Toronto, Vancouver, etc. right now - never mind someone who doesn't even live in Canada.
    Free from the mold, breaking the distance/
    A cause to face fears fraught with aching persistence...

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com

I went to a Wutang show in Toronto about 9 years ago, and it was great. Of course the crew was mad late, but Rae, ODB, U-God and Cappadonna were there.

Alot of people in the US don't realize it, but Toronto is one of the top 5 largest urban areas in North America. However the problem is that Canada can be quite picky with artists and athletes getting into the country who have criminal records. This severely limits the Wu's ability to do shows in Canada.

I love guys like Kardinal, K-os and Saukrates. Canada has alot to offer in the hip hop scene, even outside of Toronto. Those 3 plus Maestro from back in the day are the known names, but don't sleep on Choclair (who many of you have heard from his song with ODB, Sauve Dirt Dogs), Ghetto Concept, Infinite, Organized Rhyme, Rascalz, Swollen Members and Thrust.

Mandatory Death

man i'm canadian and totally not impressed with any of those mc's you just named us...they're all from "toronto" area and basically suck balls...there's way more underground scenes in canada then toronto which isn't no good anyways...i'd rather puke then listen to choclair rap over a rza beat, and it has nothin to do with patriotism...or k-os???? you gotta be kidding...we're on the WUTANG FORUM FOR A REASON...k-os is whack and pussy commercial shit makes me vomit...

Too many underground cats, if I turned on BET and briefly saw chingy then came on here and said Americans cant spit? You'd defend the point

I shouldn't have brought up northstar, its only my opinion their weak and not repping wu right

But my beats ya they make northstars album look weak, and rhymers I know, I'm not talking about one or two would be a great asset to the wu tang family tree and kill at least half of the weak link assed typa fam

Wu Tang North...your saying you'd rather see more ventures like Wu Tang Latino then giving some up north cats a chance to shine? We have alot of doors slammed in our faces just based on the fact we're repping Canada, and I've noticed no one knows fuck all about how shit works up here, but cats is rugged, cats can rhyme, and cats is hungry

Veteran Member

Face it, americans and canadians are the same. We both have wack artists and good ones. After all Masta killa is canadian, is he wack?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptics
    Face it, americans and canadians are the same. We both have wack artists and good ones. After all Masta killa is canadian, is he wack?
    I dont think Masta is actually Canadian but he was born in Canada

Mandatory Death

no kidding...if masta killa was canadian, i'd actually be proud...i'm kidding...i agree, i know so many better kids myself that can rap miles around lots of wu fam....

Quote Originally Posted by Lesbian Nun
    man i'm canadian and totally not impressed with any of those mc's you just named us...they're all from "toronto" area and basically suck balls...there's way more underground scenes in canada then toronto which isn't no good anyways...i'd rather puke then listen to choclair rap over a rza beat, and it has nothin to do with patriotism...or k-os???? you gotta be kidding...we're on the WUTANG FORUM FOR A REASON...k-os is whack and pussy commercial shit makes me vomit...
    Alright well I am Canadian too, from Toronto, hence my list is probably biased. There are a couple non T-dot groups on that list, but I would be interested to hear your list of artists from those underground scenes so that I can take a listen.