Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket thread

Banned

I don't mean to butt-in but i dont get cricket.....is it supposed to be like baseball??? Baseball for unathletic Englishmen?

penalty boxed user

it's alot like base ball
    in base ball you get 3 strikes & you out in cricket they have to hit your stumps before they can get you out
    cricket is baseballs daddy
    it will take you a few matches for you to know what's really going on like baseball

Banned

india is the most overrated side in world cricket. theyre treated like rock stars, get whatever they want, they dont wanna train, their selection commitee is corrupt - think the chairmans son playing scandal 2 years or some shit - they have a selection quota system like south africa that hinders their teams, i mean, for all this, and what, theyve won 7 out of 25 one day games? whats their last test series vitory? our boys dont even get treated half as good and we've been bashing up world cricket for 12 years

i dont see anyone beating us, matt hayden is in career saving form - like every time the newspapers question him - ponting - nuff said - clarke whos gaining momentum, symonds and hussey to find form, the lower order contributes alot, the bowling is improving, mcgrath at his best, bracken swingin it like massie, tait getting it right more often than not, i dont see anyone stepping to us - maybe sri lanka if jayasuriya fires at the top - new zealand depend too much on vettori/bond/oram/styris, if they dont fire nobody puts their hand up, south africa just plain choke against australia, england lol dont make me laugh, west indies are pretty raw, theyre performed decent but not setting the world on fire, bangaldesh and ireland, well theyre improving and good luck to em i hope they get alot better cricket will be better off if they do

sri lanka v south africa - best match of the world cup - havent seen a WC match that good since the 2 thrillers between aus and sa - especially the tied one

RIP bob woolmer
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

i still think south africa can take on australia i know the last game was a dissapointment
    when we play against you it's enourmous pressure you could see when pontin was speaking to the media that he was worried
    we are worthy as your no.1 rivals
    we learned alot from that game that's how we won shri lanka we changed our bowlers overs which we never done before & won the match
    i know we will meet you in the final & we will be more prepared
    the reason why we lost that game against you is because we lost confidence in ourselves when our captain got injured & just before that the magnificent throw from the boundry after captain retired gibbs got out quick & after that we collapsed our confidence was shattered
    next game if we can just get our confidence right we will give you a run

Banned

thats the difference between us and the rest - we just produce those moments of brilliance that determines cricket - might sound arrogant, its not, its how it is

sri lanka is definately a dark horse, but like i said it depends on jayasuriya but i wouldnt count them out, still leaning towards a SA AUS final, but with some of the resutls so far you never know

small grounds have made this tournament a joke but, cmon, 377, 416, 358 in 40 overs, thats just ridiculous, not good for the game at all

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

shri lanka got great bowlers but thier batting is not good enough
    i also don't like the small fields & the wide bats it's taking the art away from the bowler
    it's cool to see 4's & 6's but you want to see the batsman work for them

PRODIGAL SUN

Why is there south african players playing for England ?? Englands best
    batsman is South african.. Then there is 3 Australians playing for Ireland.
    They are allowed to play for Ireland cuz they all married Irish women. wat
    the fuck is up wi that ??

Then you got England taking Ed Joice, Who is Irish and played for Ireland not
    to long ago. I Have nothing against England but they do it all the time. They
    have had scottish people playin for them in the past to. Its like they think
    we aint good at this sport, so who can we get from another country to play
    for us. Its sneaky as fuck.
    Its all in you kid

Banned

happens in all sports, england just have a lack of talent thats all

man west indies need to push, 2 an over in the 8th is gonna set them back major, on these small grounds u really need to take advantage, especially batting first on them, and with chanderpaul gone theyre looking uphill, lets hope they do something ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

PRODIGAL SUN

Its not lookin good for the windies.

They can still bounce back though
    Its all in you kid

Banned

5/128 affter 33, i think the windies are officialy fucked now, lara at the crease i guess anything can happen but i strongly doubt, 200 is not defendable on these grounds

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

PRODIGAL SUN

The West Indies are not doing so well man.

They just lost another Wicket. Denish Ramden is in now, He is only 21

Ramden And Lara need a good partener ship to get a defendable score..
    They got 16 overs left... Cmon West Indies, you can do it boys
    Its all in you kid

PRODIGAL SUN

Thats it.

They now Officialy fucked. Lara is out
    Its all in you kid

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm_Terrorwrist View Post
    thats the difference between us and the rest - we just produce those moments of brilliance that determines cricket - might sound arrogant, its not, its how it is

sri lanka is definately a dark horse, but like i said it depends on jayasuriya but i wouldnt count them out, still leaning towards a SA AUS final, but with some of the resutls so far you never know

small grounds have made this tournament a joke but, cmon, 377, 416, 358 in 40 overs, thats just ridiculous, not good for the game at all

yeah mate, its ludicrous, every over sees a fucking six.

i guess thats what people who dont really follow the game avidly want to see, so its good for ratings etc.

i still think NZ can make it to the final, they have a quality mix.

the aussies bowling to me is still suspect, no one has stood up particularly,

Quote Originally Posted by Alesco View Post
    Why is there south african players playing for England ?? Englands best
    batsman is South african.. Then there is 3 Australians playing for Ireland.
    They are allowed to play for Ireland cuz they all married Irish women. wat
    the fuck is up wi that ??

Then you got England taking Ed Joice, Who is Irish and played for Ireland not
    to long ago. I Have nothing against England but they do it all the time. They
    have had scottish people playin for them in the past to. Its like they think
    we aint good at this sport, so who can we get from another country to play
    for us. Its sneaky as fuck.

basically they have a better chance of playing international cricket at a high level in england, i assume peterson had trouble breaking into the SA national side, and the australians, obviously they just want to play in a world cup but cant make it into the aussie team/

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    I don't mean to butt-in but i dont get cricket.....is it supposed to be like baseball??? Baseball for unathletic Englishmen?

um....no.