Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket thread

penalty boxed user

all those quotes comes from australians that admit there is racial tension in your country
    our players were in your country when they faced racial abuse & only in your country
    there is alot of south africans in new zealand & england we never had that problem before only in australia so fuck you kunt

Banned

lol fuck you too ya third world scum bag ... you think i give a shit about your opinion ... south africans are full of shit if they feared racial abuse here ... i kno what i saw i know what i heard ... your country has always hated us and we've never given a shit ... you know why ... cos it just proves jealousy ... never in our history has there been smear campaigns like how you do us in your media ... and you maggots give as good as you get ... howd you go against bangaldesh lol ... south africans lol ... ofcourse there was racism ... they came from south africans ... how do u expect us to know afrikaan words you faggot ... i swear you people are just confused hard ...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

and why do you say 'immigrant will never be accepted here' ... you dont live "here" you live there ... who the fuck are you to comment on our status quo ... atleast we never killed raped and imprisoned people over their colour race and religion ... something you need to remember you fuckin wombat ... and if we're so bad why do you say youd move here ... youre just fucked in the head ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

i never said that imigrints would never be excepted there
    that was quotes from australians that i put down you can see by the typing it's not mine
    it's what your people had to say about it
    i read that on the forum they had on the incident & i paste it here
    according to a survey 75% said that there is underlying racism in australia
    the reason why i would go to australia is for the climate & even though there is people like you there the land belongs to the aborigines & i wouldn't mind to chill with them
    i would appreciate it if we don't talk again
    there is 4 people on the site that i don't speak to 2 of them is australians but sean's alright shows you not all white australians are ass holes
    fuck it let's just enjoy the rest of the worldcup without any insults of other teams players it's cool to critisize on bad performance but it's not cool to insult another mans team players
    Last edited by RAMESH; 04-09-2007 at 03:39 PM.

penalty boxed user

South Africa suffered another blow to its morale overnight when it lost it's world No.1 ranking after their shock 67-run defeat to Bangladesh.

The defeat means also that Ricky Ponting's Australia will regain its place at the top of the new rankings when the official figures are released later this week.

According to the International Cricket Council one-day international predictor, South Africa lost one point after defeat to Bangladesh and has moved down to 125, while Australia moved on to 127.

Even a defeat in its latest Super Eight match against England would not have displaced Australia from the top as it would have gone to 126.

Victory over England by seven wickets strengthens Australia's position with one more point (128), the predictor reads.

South Africa topped the ICC rankings at its annual cut-off date on April 1, 2007, for the first time since the rankings were introduced five years ago.

That earned it a handsome cash award of $US175,000, while Australia pocketed $US75,000 ($91,8307) for finishing No.2.

South Africa's promotion to the top spot was a reward for its good showing in limited-overs internationals over the past 12 months.

Its performances included a 3-2 series win over Australia on home soil, during which it clinched the series by chasing a world-record 9-438 last year.

South Africa also reached the semi-finals of the ICC Champions Trophy in India in October 2006, before winning 4-0 against India and 3-1 against Pakistan, both at home.

England captain Michael Vaughan insisted Australia were beatable at this ICC CWC despite seeing his side go down to a convincing seven-wicket defeat against the reigning champions.

Australia, bidding for an unprecedented third straight title, have now gone 24 matches unbeaten at the ICC CWC since losing to Pakistan in 1999.

Yet there were moments in Sunday's match here at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium where England had their oldest foes on the ropes.

At 164 for two, with Kevin Pietersen - whose 104 was England's first individual hundred of the tournament - and Ian Bell (77) going well in a stand of 140, Vaughan's team looked on course for a score of around 280.

But instead they were bowled out for 247 with veteran Glenn McGrath taking the key wicket of Bell and man-of-the-match Shaun Tait, who'd removed both openers, ensuring England then lost two quick wickets by getting rid of the dangerous Paul Collingwood.

Yet McGrath, in what could be his last match against England, had seen his first three overs go for 25 runs while Michael Clarke and Andrew Symonds conceded 67 in their combined 10-over stint.

"They are looking a real powerhouse at the World Cup but I still think they are beatable," said Vaughan, who suffered yet another batting failure after playing on to fast bowler Tait for five.

"No one team in the world is unbeatable and I'm sure if good teams come up against them and if we meet them again I'd be confident we could produce a performance to beat them.

"It's very frustrating. We were in a great position to put Australia under a huge amount of pressure."

England now need to win their three remaining Super Eights games - against Bangladesh, South Africa and West Indies - and hope other results fall in their favour to reach the semi-finals.

"We'll need to win those three games but we're certainly a team that can do that," added Vaughan.

Well though Pietersen played, runs dried up late on with England scoring a mere 51 off the last 10 overs.

"One of our strengths over the last few games is that in the last 10 overs we've been able to hit 70, 80 runs quite easily and today we just lost wickets at key periods and put Kevin under a lot of pressure in that last 10 overs," Vaughan explained.

Bangladesh, who in the group phase beat India, upset the formbook again Saturday with a comprehensive 67-run defeat of former world number one side South Africa.

"They look a dangerous team. The spinners, the three of them play a huge part," Vaughan said ahead of Wednesday's match against the Asian side in Barbados.

"(Mashrafe) Mortaza is a good opening bowler and the left-armer (Syed Rasel) at the top looks like he's quite hard to hit.

"They are a huge threat. Any team that's beaten India and South Africa in a World Cup have got to be taken seriously."

Vaughan's early exit after winning the toss meant he'd now scored just 83 runs from six tournament innings.

His form was thrown into sharper focus by Australia captain Ricky Ponting's composed 86, the skipper's third-wicket stand of 112 with Michael Clarke (55 not out) all but seeing his side home.

Vaughan was at a loss to explain his mediocre one-day international record - he's yet to score a century in 83 matches.

"If I knew I'd have plenty of runs. It's as frustrating for me as it is for everyone watching. It's just not happening. That's sometimes the way batting goes."

Banned

#1 - south africa didnt deserve to be rated the best

#2 - im responding to attacks made by you my country ... ppl like me lol dude i never came out and attacked you i just responded ... you go over board with your preaching shit ... its best you fix south africa before you bark orders to fix australia ...

#3 - lol i dont give a fuck who you do or dont speak to ... good on you 50% of 4 people you dont talk to are australians ... all that proves is HEY the basic maths system works in south africa ... which is surprising

#4 - dont poke your nose into aboriginal issues because you have no idea what your dealing with

#5 - 75% of people ... bla bla bla ... how many people are talking about ... unless its all 20 million people of this country stick your survey up your arse

#6 - you dont know if im white or black ...

#7 - dont speak on my country and i wont speak on yours ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

1. according to the icc we deserved to be rated no.1 for the games we played over a 12 month period

2. i'm responding to attacks for the racial abuse my players faced in your country

3. then don't speak to me

4. the whole world knows about the aborigines people

5. it's about 1500 that took part in the survey & there is about 10 000 pages of racial tension on the web about australia

6. i know you are white because of the way you speak it's comon knowledge that white australians have no way of talking to people of colour

7. if my players wern't racialy abused in your country i would of never of said anything bad about your country i never said anything bad about any other country because i enjoy my cricket & respect all teams except for australia

8. truth is before the racial abuse i used to like australian cricket players there is alot of australian players that i did like but that shit just put me off

9. racial abuse aside what type of crowd chants shit like nel is a wanker & shit like that only in australia
    south africans can't stand them but all other countries that play here we treat the players with respect
    we might boo them if they do somthing bad but we don't go out of our way to humiliate them
    all countries enjoy their cricket with out humiliating the visiting side except for australia you guys is just rude
    if i had it my way i wouldn't want my country to ever play in australia & that's how alot of south africans feel we hate ya'll & that's not what cricket is about
    please if you got any other shit to say send me a private message because you fucking up the thread

Banned

you started this shit so shut the fuck up with your PM bullshit ... oh and yes there is racial tension in this country ... what you dont realise is its from immigrants from other countries who bring their shit here ... really man you got no place to speak on racism in this country ... youre just looking for excuses to hate australia all you south africans are the same way its not like we give a shit we just do our thing youse always attack us first ya fuckin corrupt cheats ... fuck it im up for arguments but arguing with u is like bangin my head on a brick wall ... fuck it ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

oh and ramesh you must have selected memory you fag ... remember your boys calling pakistani's a bunch of animals ... ofcourse you didnt ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

the player who insulted the 3 people (2 pakistanis & 1 south african) was gibbs who is a coloured kid (70% of coloureds is muslim) he did apologise he got angry with them for insulting one of our white players & they both got punished for it

this has been spoken about before we cheated as much as what you did & we got severly punished for it & yours got swept under the rug
    Last edited by RAMESH; 04-10-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Banned

your cheating involved throwing matches away ... ours involved giving weather information lol which is worse? ... and its okay when a coloured player is racist but not when a white is ... just like darren lehmann and rashid latif ... but cricket has always been like ... darren lehmann says 'black c---' in THE DRESSING ROOM - yes thats very bad thing to say - but he gets banned 4 games ... rashid latif calls gilchrist a white c--- on the field ... nothing ... what happend to gibbs ? ... fuck i hope you guys never come out here again ... its bad enough dealing with people from queensland let alone south africans ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

you guys threw a match to pakistan did you forget about that don't throw stones if you living in a galss house that's the diffrence between us i admit guilt where you try & justify it by throwing it in other directions
    gibbs lost his money for the match & he had to sit out for 1 or 2 matches can't really remember & it was fair if it should happen again then he should be banned as for harris he lost his spot in the team
    darin is occuping black land he has no right to say anything about blacks he deserved the punishment he got & latif retaliated i can't say i blame the man
    we don't like you & you don't like us great now lets get back to cricket
    Last edited by RAMESH; 04-10-2007 at 04:30 AM.

penalty boxed user

Spirit of Cricket

The ICC’s vision of success is that cricket will capture and inspire people of every age, gender, background and ability while building bridges between continents, countries and communities.

Central to this ambition is promoting the Spirit of Cricket, an ethos on how the game should be played and viewed both on and off the field.

The Spirit of Cricket, enshrined through the Laws of the Game, was defined as part of the ICC’s Strategic Plan 2006-10. This definition argues:

Cricket enjoys a unique mix of attributes in international sport. It is underpinned by rich traditions and high values; it is played under a guiding principle of respect; it evokes passion, commitment and excitement; it is truly multi-cultural, it stands proudly on the world’s sporting stage; it is a sociable game that forges deep long-lasting friendships; it is a team sport that combines skill, strategy, endeavour and athleticism; above all it is a game that means many different things to many different people and provides endless joy to those that it touches.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RAMESH View Post
    you guys threw a match to pakistan did you forget about that don't throw stones if you living in a galss house that's the diffrence between us i admit guilt where you try & justify it by throwing it in other directions
    gibbs lost his money for the match & he had to sit out for 1 or 2 matches can't really remember & it was fair if it should happen again then he should be banned as for harris he lost his spot in the team
    darin is occuping black land he has no right to say anything about blacks he deserved the punishment he got & latif retaliated i can't say i blame the man
    we don't like you & you don't like us great now lets get back to cricket
    retaliated from what ? its clearly evidential from the tv footage gilchrist didnt say anything ... he has his head down ... no lip movement then boom he turns around after latif's comments ...

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

penalty boxed user

AB de Villiers slammed a maiden one-day international as South Africa beat the West Indies by 67 runs in an ICC CWC Super Eight match at the Grenada National Stadium Tuesday.

The defeat effectively ended the hosts' hopes of reaching the semi-finals.

Opening batsman de Villiers, battling cramps, heat exhaustion and dehydration, hammered 146 as South Africa thrashed 356 for four after being sent in to bat.

The West Indies lost four wickets inside the first 20 overs and managed 289 for nine in reply, led by a stroke-filled 92 off 75 balls by Ramnaresh Sarwan.

The hosts need a series of freak results to make the last four.

If West Indies win their last two matches, against Bangladesh and England, they will only have six points. New Zealand and Australia already have eight, while Sri Lanka and South Africa are both on six.

West Indies also have a poor net run-rate the decider in the event of a tie on points.

AB de Villiers and Jacques Kallis (81) put on 170 for the second wicket to set up South Africa's big total on a pitch which did not prove to have as much life as West Indian captain Brian Lara expected when he won the toss.

With de Villiers and Kallis scoring 50 runs in the second five-over powerplay, Lara delayed the third and final powerplay until the 45th over.

It cost 77 runs in five overs as Herschelle Gibbs and Mark Boucher both slammed quickfire half-centuries.

de Villiers was treated for cramp when he was on 91 and South African captain Graeme Smith came on as a runner for him when he was on 102.

Barely able to move, de Villiers went on the slog, hitting four sixes off five balls, two each off spinners Chris Gayle and Ramnaresh Sarwan as he raced from 100 to 146 off 16 balls.

AB de Villiers faced 130 balls and hit 12 fours and five sixes.

Kallis, who needed treatment after straining a ligament in his left ankle when he was on 39, was dropped by wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin, standing up to the wicket off Dwayne Bravo, when he had 40. He went on to score 81 off 86 balls with six fours and a six.

Gibbs, who had been a doubtful starter because of a calf injury, made 61 not out off 40 balls, while Boucher hit the third-fastest World Cup fifty, off 22 balls before he was caught for 52 off the next delivery.

There were 14 sixes in the South African innings.

Corey Collymore was the only West Indian bowler to turn in respectable figures, taking two for 41 off ten overs.

The West Indies made a poor start when Shivnarine Chanderpaul drove Shaun Pollock to Smith at mid-off in the second over.

Chris Gayle and Devon Smith put on 60 off 53 balls for the second wicket but were out in successive overs.

AB de Villiers was put on a drip after his innings but returned to the field briefly to take a diving catch at point off Andre Nel to dismiss Smith, while Gayle was run out by a direct hit from Ashwell Prince at midwicket.

Lara and Sarwan added 50 before Lara charged down the wicket to drive Kallis but edged the ball into his stumps, virtually ending the match as a contest.

With South Africa falling behind in their over rate Smith brought himself on to bowl off-spinners and tailender Daren Powell slogged 48 not out off 36 balls

An overjoyed AB de Villiers after getting his century, South Africa v West Indies, Super Eights, Grenada, April 10, 2007