Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket thread

penalty boxed user

it's easy to see why ya'll play cricket the way you do in it's so in ya'll
    now that we stepped up to the plate you not ever going to see that no.1 position again

penalty boxed user

if you want that spot back you going to have to pay us for it

PRODIGAL SUN

@ RAMESH

Who do you think is the all time great south african playa.
    Its all in you kid

penalty boxed user

Warne, Waugh to testify in match-fixing inquiry
    Click here for more on this story
    Posted: Saturday December 19, 1998 01:01 PM
    Waugh (above) has accused Malik of offering him a bribe to play poorly during Australia's tour of Pakistan in 1994 Graham Chadwick/Allsport

HOBART, Australia (Reuters) -- Mark Waugh and Shane Warne will testify via a live video link to a Pakistan inquiry into match-fixing, the Australian Cricket Board said on Saturday.
    The pair, who have accused former Pakistan captain Salim Malik of offering them a bribe, were summonsed to appear at the inquiry after admitting last week that they had taken money from an illegal Indian bookmaker to provide pitch and weather information during Australia's 1994 tour of Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
    The two were secretly fined by the ACB in early 1995 but the incident was not made public until last week.
    Waugh and Warne had been reluctant to travel to Pakistan but have agreed to provide evidence on the video link up, an ACB spokesman said.
    Warne told reporters on Saturday that he was quite happy to repeat his allegations to the inquiry although he said nothing had changed since he gave his previous statutory declaration.
    "I'll be saying the same things that I said four years ago, nothing's changed since then," Warne said.
    "Their (Pakistan) players have testified against Salim Malik. We've testified against him. It's up to the judge to see what he's finding."
    Warne, Waugh and former test spinner Tim May accused Malik of offering them bribes to play poorly during Australia's tour of Pakistan in 1994.
    The charges were dismissed by the original inquiry which investigated them four years ago but an interim report released by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in September recommended a fresh investigation into match-fixing and betting in cricket.
    Waugh, accompanied by Australian captain Mark Taylor, testified at the current inquiry while Australia were visiting Pakistan but neither Warne, who was injured, or May, who has retired, were in Pakistan at the time.
    The investigating judge, Malik Qayyum, summonsed Waugh and Warne to provide new testimonies after news of their own involvement with illegal bookmakers surfaced a week ago

penalty boxed user

Quote Originally Posted by Alesco View Post
    @ RAMESH

i couldn't say in the aparthaid days people of colour wern't allowed to play sports so we didn't care i only started watching cricket in 1999 & my favourite player was my captain cronje that got banned from cricket for match fixing
    watching that man break down in court when they told him he couldn't play anymore really hurt & all he done was the same as all the other teams in the world done but only he got banned for life
    he died 2 years after that in a plain crash

penalty boxed user

The situation that the cricket community is in was inevitable, the only way forward I believe is to wipe the slate clean. One way I believe would be is to call an amnesty, meaning those players who have benefited from match fixing should approach the ICC in confidence and tell them of their wrong doings.
    The money they have received should be given to the ICC for the growth of cricket in different areas of the world or improving standards of cricket facilities around the world. The ICC will still investigate them but in private and will not be expelled.

penalty boxed user

Cricket is in crisis but still has a long way to go you only have to look at boxing. Its indicative that I am already using the words 'cricket' and 'boxing' in the same sentence.
    Neil Hastings, USA
    They say boxing is fixed, but it still goes on.
    Russ Black, USA
    Cronje is not the only one. This activity goes far deeper than one or two players. Cricket needs to be cleansed but Cronje cannot be the fall guy for this cleansing process. Too many times, one player is singled out and pays the penalty while the others get off free. We need to get to the root of this problem.
    Adrian Mike, Trinidad

It's the Cricket Boards of India, Australia and Pakistan who should be punished.

Sukanta Kar, India
    If we look back at the recent past, it's the Cricket Boards of India, Australia and Pakistan who should be punished. It's not that others are innocent. It's because they are the ones who had got evidence of the corruption and they did a cover up.
    Australians did not take due action against Waugh and Warne. Pakistani authorities ignored the report of their judicial probe. Indians appointed a retired-judge (?) to whitewash the scandal and save some black sheep.
    Sukanta Kar, India

penalty boxed user

now that i think about it i must of started watching in 1996 when cronje got sacrificed so that south africa can save face i stopped watching & got back into the game 2 years ago

i havent stolen any country from anyone mate.

and australians are not free from match fixing, its just interesting that someone from south africa would feel comfortable accusing other people of cheating, when his own countries team is notorious for it.

before now i didnt really care if australia did well or not, because believe it or not i find several players on the team to be arrogant and annoying, but now i'll be glad to see them destroy south africa.

penalty boxed user

you not going to win but i'm glad you got fire in your ass it's going to satisfy me even more once we whipped you
    son you better pray that we don't win cause i think you know how i'm going to carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Alesco View Post
    @ RAMESH

Hard to say, we've had so many but as for fielding i would say Jonty Rhodes was the greatest. [ Peter Kirsten, Alan Donald etc.] we've had so many it would be impossible to point out, i think possibly Jaque Kallis will be pronounced the greatest in our countrie's history once he retire's, he has been the best all-rounder for a very long time.
    She thinks her brown body has no glory.
    If she could dance naked, under palm trees.
    And see her image in the river, she would know. But there are no palm trees, on the street. "The Holocaust / Warcloud"

penalty boxed user

he could possably be the greatest all rounder of all time before he gets to the stage of retirement

penalty boxed user

i'm sorry for what i said to you about australia about you guys being thieves & shit i lost my temper

penalty boxed user

but you guys do play dirty cricket
    like the emence cleaning of the seam of the ball
    when you guys got 3 fielders right on top of the batsman
    australians dance for the umpire we don't do any of that shit & i'm glad that all of us is going to see it
    australia used to be a good team but you guys were never the best we just had some problems but now we are rated no.1 in the world we not going to give it up

penalty boxed user

we played pakistan in durban south africa & we beat them & the south african crowd dissed our captain
    it's not only like that with pakistan alot of south africans is still upset about the past so i'm told when i ask
    our players don't have it easy
    when australia plays here the last time you guys came down here & we fucked you up it was fustrating to watch because all we hear is the comentators say how great the australians is & how shit we are
    then ya'll play like how i just mentioned our batsman to often got dissmised for nothing in that tour a man had to think these umpires were paid they were very one sided in all those games there was problems when we get ya'll out it's not out even though it should of been out
    me & my friends complained for weeks about that
    australians are very cocky cricket players they like to torment us & fucks up our concintration now you know why i don't like australia
    south africans play good cricket & we good sportsman not the way you describe us