Thread: Common's Resurrection is a classic

Wu Vatican

Default Common's Resurrection is a classic

Common's second LP has got to be an undisputed classic. Come on, behind the great beats No ID did for this album, you had one of the most clever and original MC's ever to this day, in Common. The stuff Common said was unlike any other MC. Plus, you have one of the best tracks ever in I Used to Love Her. Come on, show your respect for this album.

The first Hip Hop album I ever bought. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for "I Used to Love H.E.R." No ID is great and far too underrated, Com's lyrics were great. Overall, a great album. Peace goes out to Common.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Straight Outta PHX

I've never heard anybody dispute that fact.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

i love that album...production is dope and the way common flips the metaphors and how he uses his words (especially in Rich man poor man)

still standin tall

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody
    Common's second LP has got to be an undisputed classic. Come on, behind the great beats No ID did for this album, you had one of the most clever and original MC's ever to this day, in Common. The stuff Common said was unlike any other MC. Plus, you have one of the best tracks ever in I Used to Love Her. Come on, show your respect for this album.
    co sign
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

Heh, This album just happens to be my favorite of all-time so I can't dispute it's classic status ...

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

U are very late !!! did u just buy it ?

Wu Vatican

No i've had this album for a litle bit now, like a year and a half. CD has crazy replay value. Gets as many listens as Cuban Linx for me.