Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins - One Black - One White

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Luna
    No - because the recessive traits of the white baby is reflective of her genes. She ain't just outwardly white...she has white dna - recieved from both parents, which makes her total dna white.

So, if she has a baby with another person with totally white dna then the baby can only be white.

But, if she had a baby with someone with dominant dna then the baby could only be mixed or black.

That's my understanding of how it works...
    BUT SHE IS STILL BLACK SO ALL HER OFFSPRING WOULD HAVE AFRICAN IN THEM EVEN IF IT IS A HALF OF 1% I COULD BE WRONG MYFIRSTTIMBS WHAT IS IT YES OR NO?

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

No - because the recessive traits of the white baby is reflective of her genes. She ain't just outwardly white...she has white dna - recieved from both parents, which makes her total dna white.

So, if she has a baby with another person with totally white dna then the baby can only be white.

But, if she had a baby with someone with dominant dna then the baby could only be mixed or black.

That's my understanding of how it works...
    Even though her outside appearnce are traits commonly associated with white people, she carries DNA of black traits that can be passed on to her offspring. The black inside her didn't just dissapear. Her parents contributed to her 25% black(grandpa) 25% white(grandma) on dad's side and 25% black(grandpa) 25% white(grandma) on mom's side- thus giving her 50% black and 50% white genes that she can pass on.

That's my understanding of it, can we get a biologist up in here?- i'm gonna ask my biology teacher tonight.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Just got back from class..............

From what my biology teacher tells me- children from mixed parents have a diverse range of genes to pull from so in theory a couple with mixed ancestors that display traits associated with white people can have children with traits that are associated with black people.- In other words- a couple that appears to be white can have children that look black- if they have that black gene heritage, gene pool to draw from. He also stated that when it comes to skin color and melanin- there are many factors that contribute to how much melanin you have when you're born.