Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marley Marl and KRS-One to Record an Album!!!!!

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

Default Marley Marl and KRS-One to Record an Album!!!!!

Credit: Allhiphop.com

One-Time Rivals Marley Marl And KRS-One Record Album

By Houston Williams
    Date: 3/30/2006 5:45 pm

KRS-One and DJ Marley Marl will sonically end one of the most infamous and revered beefs in Hip-Hop history. The pair intends to drop a new album on Koch Records.

Both were involved in a long-running dispute after Marley Marl and MC Shan recorded the seminal 1985 record, "The Bridge," an ode to Queensbridge, New York.

South Bronx MC KRS-One, backed by Boogie Down Productions, took offense to the song, which some say implies that Hip-Hop started in Queens.

KRS-One shot back with "South Bronx," claiming the South Bronx as the true birthplace of Hip-Hop.
    Several other dis records were released at the height of the battle, including MC Shan's "Kill That Noise" and KRS One's "The Bridge Is Over."

With the saturation of beef in the Hip-Hop market, Marley said that he wanted to make a definitive statement to the youth.

Marley stated that the process of recording this album with KRS-One started simply.
    "It all happened with one phone call," Marley Marl told AllHipHop.com. "They called me and he jumped on the phone and told me it would be spectacular for Hip-Hop."

As a producer, Marley Marl has helped launch the careers of Hip-Hop talents like the Juice Crew's Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Master Ace, Craig G, Roxanne Shante and MC Shan, among others.

Additionally, Marley resuscitated LL Cool J's career when he produced "Mama Said Knock You Out" and hit it big producing early hits for R&B group TLC.

"My reason for doing this is to show these kids that [Hip-Hop beefs] are not that serious," he concluded.

The Queensbridge legend further stated that KRS-One was still laying vocals, but he was extremely excited to be working with his one-time rival. "He's finishing up his portion. It's gonna be crazy," Marley stated. "We got sick beats."
    The untitled album is slated to hit stores this summer.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

I cant wait for this man!

i think i'm high

wow would have never ever ever ever thought 2 of the greatest would join forces to put out an album.....this shit could change a lot of things....i'm pretty gassed for this and i haven't been gassed for anything in a minute

Realness

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

yeah man, shits gonna be crazy. They gonna show these dumb kids fucking around what real hip hop is like.

Wow.

I can't wait for this.

this and a new boot camp clik album this year man this is a good year for hip hop

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Autarch

Man I hope this shit comes through, if it does im owning this lp.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

Straight Outta PHX

Just read this a few minutes ago, gonna be fuckin' wild!
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

WOW! this is gunna be nuts. i havent really heard much or Marley's pro.d, never knew he did Mamma Said..., but what i have heard is nice! and i never knew they had beef. i learn sumthin new about hip-hop everyday.lol.!
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

damn i must be blind sorry for opening another thread. this news is awesome
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
    yeah man, shits gonna be crazy. They gonna show these dumb kids fucking around what real hip hop is like.

Fo Sho
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

if only all beefs ended like this
    true meaning to the word peace

I hope this blows up and brings hip-hop back to the East Coast. Fuck the SOUTH!

Sounds REAL DOPE. Something I will be looking forward to.
    Shaolin Gotz Da Krown.

first off, I gotta say this is the illest news I've heard since Lil Kim's lock-up. Marley Marl and KRS-One!??!! Together?!!?! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I gotta agree with the God Even Flow too, tuz this Southern noise (cuz it ain't music) is makin' me twitch. The illest cats to grace the south have been The Geto Boyz, OutKast (no doubt) and Goodie Mob (even less doubt). Otherwise, the shit is trash. It's all the same and these fools have the audacity to think it's original!!! Y'all see where I'm at up there. I'm the only cat down here bangin' the real hip-hop shit. I got some mad crazy looks too. I was rockin' my Wu-Tang hockey jersey, cats was lookin' like I had 3 heads and spoke Sanskrit!!! I hope this LP comes through as well. I'm from Queens, N.Y. originally, and I had to give it to KRS-One because he won the battle. So, this news is fuckin' historic to me. I been missin' that old New York sound for a minute, so I hope it happens.

Peace

*When in The North, pay respects to Shaolin Kung-Fu. When in The South, pay respects to Wu-Tang Kung-Fu" -Old Shaolin saying in reference to martial-arts students visiting China-

greatest news ever.