Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Does Geometry prove a God's Existence?

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs View Post
    had to do this.. hope it helps on the issue at hand...

Quantum Mechanics Explained

written by Jason Yeldell aka My First Timbs

One must first realize how extremely complicated quantum mechanics is and how far reaching it goes.. this is why it is very difficult to explain it in a few neat sentences and paragraphs because in most cases it takes about 300 pages to describe it accurately (in addition to describing the wholly metaphysical aspect of it which we are doing here!)

but i will try to keep it simply and MAKE IT PLAIN !

1) Quantum mechanics makes us look at the world and universe as if it was a creature that possesses an external body and an internal mind. This outer body of the universe and world is what we scientists have struggled with since the beginning of "time". it is the world as we know it susceptible to natural laws and verifiable thru what i call the "uniformity of experience" (like things in like circumstances always leave predicatble results !).............quantum mechanics is merely the study and theory that encompasses not this outer body of our world view, but rather the "inner workings" behind this outer body on a subatomic level! what is found when scientists study this "inner realm" is that things dont "behave" properly.. ie.. my whole philosophy of the "uniformity of experience" becomes hogwash....this may not seem like a big deal to layppl, but this is a tremendous deal to scientists and scientific disciplines that thrive on making sense of the world we live in by relying on the fact that there is such a thing called the uniformity of experience

2) quantum mechanics studies the fundamental particles thought to be the building blocks of existence and of our universe.. however, after delving into this realm it is perceived that these partiles are actually not real things.. they are nothing but "possibilities" of consciousness, but yet do affect the material world ! now thats mindblowing! that the "stuff" everything is made of may not even be real "stuff" ! In addition.. this stuff doesnt seem to follow equations and probability assumptions we thought.. so what is it and what controls it?

3) human consciousness is controlled by quantum mechanics.. thus controlled by stuff that may not potentially be "real".. thus the human experience is flawed from ever justifying what is "reality".. the human mind may be abstract simply because the material world is not material !
    the world is will and representation

NON-IGS

His point was, even if we assume that the big bang and
    all of that did occurr... and that evolution did indeed occur etc etc,,
    there still has to be some "force" that governs or is in control of the
    natural laws of our universe.
    Why must there? Even if this claim was granted, you'd still have the job of explaining what this "force" is.

This argument is a very poor one and commits the "Argumentum ad ignorantiam" or "Argument from ignorance" logical fallacy.

From what I can understand, your argument is such:

1. Geometry exists
    2. We can't explain/don't know why geometry exists
    3. therefore, god exists

The error in reasoning lies in between the 2nd premise and the conclusion.

timbs post was epic, so was ghost in the lacs.. they are both correct

to me, these geometric shapes exist due to the electrical nature of the universe..

everything is electro magnetic..

peace and respect 2 u too

dont get me wrong.. i personally believe that religion was the most beneficial thing that ever happened to homo sapiens.. i dont confuse religion with "god".. to me they are 2 different things.

religion provides so many positive things (almost all positive)

my problem i swith the concept of an invisible supernatural higher power
    I'm curious as to why you believe this. Inquisition, Crusades, Holy wars, genocide, child rape, etc. are all negative impacts due to religion. If religion never existed, would we have had holy war? So much destruction exclusive to religion, yet you'd place it above penicillin as the best thing to happen to us? Why?

I agree with you about the concept of god and religion though. it's been a while since my anthropology classes but i think isn't a consensus on the criteria of what constitutes a religion. The belief in a god isn't necessary in some cases.

Edit: I worded myself poorly, I understand that these atrocities can and do still happen absent religion. I'm referring to the ones caused purely by religion.
    Last edited by DRUNKENDRAGON; 11-30-2012 at 01:22 PM.

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

thoughtz create reality, but who is your thinker eh?, a journey of Self.
    PEACE
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace