Thread: Pro Baseball

Are the Yankees going to have the lowest attendance of any team this season?

No

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Are the Yankees going to have the lowest attendance of any team this season?
    If the new Stadium wasn't such a fucking disaster maybe people would go. I use to go to a shit ton of games but now I go to 2 or 3 tops a year. I hate it there if you even clap securitys in your face.

It's still Yankees all day Playoff bound mark my words.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

I don't think the Yankees will make the playoffs this season; In fact I can see them finishing last in the A.L East.

The curse lives on: Severed goat head delivered to Wrigley Field

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...8231--mlb.html

Is Jose Fernandez is the greatest pitcher ever?

IronSheik

Default The Irony: "Say No To Drugs"

-Glenn Burke, the first openly gay pro athlete

Sit down, Jason Collins, says Allen Barra at The Atlantic. Pro baseball's Burke beat you by 30 years

NBA player Jason Collins was widely hailed this week — and obliquely vilified — for becoming the first openly gay active pro athlete in a major men's sport. He isn't, says Allen Barra at The Atlantic. "The Jackie Robinson of gay rights was Glenn Burke, who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Oakland A's from 1976 to 1979." If you didn't know that, you're not alone. Thanks to a deafening silence from MLB officials and the sports media, "Burke is remembered less today as a pioneer for gay rights and more as the man who, along with Dusty Baker, invented the 'high five,'" says Barra. Here's an excerpt:

Burke made no secret of his sexual orientation to the Dodgers front office, his teammates, or friends in either league. He also talked freely with sportswriters, though all of them ended up shaking their heads and telling him they couldn't write that in their papers. Burke was so open about his sexuality that the Dodgers tried to talk him into participating in a sham marriage....

The media in general and the sports media in particular found Burke's homosexuality an inconvenient truth. He told People, "I think everyone just pretended not to hear me. It just wasn't a story they were ready to hear."

Read the entire article at The Atlantic.

Never knew baseball teams play so many games.

How often do you guys watch your favorite team?

Once a week? Whenever you have time?

I'm glad my favorite soccer teams only have 1 or 2 games a week so I can watch pretty much everything.

I only have 1 American sports channel and 1 channel that broadcasts some NBA games and most games are at night so I watch whatever is on during the day. Can't really follow 1 team.
    Last edited by Rame; 05-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    I don't think the Yankees will make the playoffs this season; In fact I can see them finishing last in the A.L East.
    So far Hectis, you were wrong about The Yanks finishing last in the A.L East, but there's like 260 more games left in the season, so in the end you might be right.

Joba Chamberlain is a 400 pound piece of crap bum.

- Jose Canseco will not give up the dream of making MLB again

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-295137

-

LOL@Jose Canseco. How come nobody is talking about the Cleveland Indians? They've been doing well so far but it won't last. They've been losers for so long hahahahahahahahaha. Last time they were good was in the 90's when they had Albert Belle, Kenny Lofton, Manny Ramirez. I'm not a baseball fan but ESPN has been showing highlights lately of the Indians.

-Fan seriously injured during assault at Nationals-Orioles game over a Yankees hat.

By the fifth or sixth inning of the matchup with the Washington Nationals, the couple had endured about an hour of heckling, mostly about Fortese's hat, from two men sitting a section above them, said Queen, 21. Then one of the men threw a beer that hit the couple, according to police, and when Fortese approached the men and began arguing with them, one punched him in the head.

The blow sent Fortese over a railing and onto the concrete about five feet below.

Strangely, the off-duty state trooper who rushed to Fortese's aid was Nathan Steelman, a childhood friend from Hagerstown who he hadn't seen in years until their brief discussion at Wednesday's game. It was a chance meeting at a random time and place, but Steelman's presence may have saved Fortese's life.

"You just heard it," Steelman, 26, said Friday of the commotion. "I rushed over, and I realized it was Matt. He wasn't breathing. He was unconscious. Blood was coming from his nose."

He said Fortese had gone as long as 45 seconds without breathing. Steelman, relying on basic emergency medical training he received as a soldier deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, stuck his finger in Fortese's mouth and removed a wad of chewing tobacco that had blocked his airway. Fortese drew a breath.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...191014581.html