Page 16 of 139 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Baseball

Dirty Knowledge is a great name for you.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Dude, Lou Piniella is a cupcake in real life. The only people he yells at are umpires, (mostly for show)his players love him, especially Alex Rodriguez. And Randolph should have been fired, I won't defend him. I hated every move he made down the stretch.
    he probably should have been fired but not all fingers should be pointed at him. IDK exactly what it was but jose reyes batted around 200. somewhere around the streach and of coarse, Tom Glavine couldnt get through one inning when his team really needed him

Willie comes from the Joe Torre school of managing, he overused his bullpen and screwed with the line up down the stretch. You guys can have him. Say all you want about this player or that, but at the end of the day its the managers job to motivate and make the right decisions that lead to a win. Willie didn't do that. He was an empty uniform down the stretch.

What happened when Steve Phillips tried to buy a World Series?

Joe Torre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    What happened when Steve Phillips tried to buy a World Series?

Joe Torre.
    are you crazy or just fucking stupid? Steve Phillips gathered bargain basement players for that world series. God you are so stupid. Why do i even bother? Every successive thing you say is more retarded than the last....

You didn't say anything last week when it happened. Bringing it up now is just a waste of air. Like I said before, I think you are really talented, (just a little ignorant with your baseball knowledge) but attacking me for liking the Mets isn't gonna get you any points with anyone, so why bother?
    I didnt because I didnt think you would bash the Yankees so much. I didnt think that comment I was gonna say to you was attacking you for liking the Mets, I was just having a little fun, nothing personal. I dont bash or attack ppl for liking a certain team or sport, my cousin is a mets/red sox fan, we get along just fine, we have never had heated debates about our team or held grudges because we like two teams that are rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
    I didnt because I didnt think you would bash the Yankees so much. I didnt think that comment I was gonna say to you was attacking you for liking the Mets, I was just having a little fun, nothing personal. I dont bash or attack ppl for liking a certain team or sport, my cousin is a mets/red sox fan, we get along just fine, we have never had heated debates about our team or held grudges because we like two teams that are rivals.
    I predicted they would lose and dedicated a song to Joe Torre, and there wasn't anything I said that wasn't straight up fact. But it's all good, I still think you're cool, I can't wait to fight about the same shit next year. Go Rockies

im not a yankee fan but with them out and detroit not being in it i no longer have an interest in this years post season.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

I predicted they would lose and dedicated a song to Joe Torre, and there wasn't anything I said that wasn't straight up fact. But it's all good, I still think you're cool, I can't wait to fight about the same shit next year. Go Rockies
    lol true. But you have to admit it, ever since that Mets thread was posted, the sports section has been more alive.

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTONIUM View Post
    im not a yankee fan but with them out and detroit not being in it i no longer have an interest in this years post season.
    Same here. The NLCS doesnt look so good to me but the ALCS, I'll watch some games. My team is out so now its time to turn my focus to football. GO BIG D!

If you no longer have an interest in the postseason than you aren't a true fan of baseball, both series should be epic, as will the world series, I personally find the Diamondbacks-Rockies series incredibly intriguing. Hell, any series in that beautiful ballpark in Denver would be incredible to watch, humidor or not.

Prediction, because of the location of the parks, I say the National League games will be rather high scoring while the ALCS will be low scoring battles. Expect one or two extra inning games in that series. Something tells me the Sox will be playing from behind most of the series and the Indians will pull it out in 6, The Rockies are on such a roll, they've lost 1 game in the last 3 weeks, expect much of the same against the D'backs with the Rock's celibrating in front of their home fans en route to the World Series.

Like has been said... Jeter is known for being cluth, but he didn't step up to the plate this past series against the Indians. What was his batting average in that series? Like .160? And how many hits into double plays? The better team won. Just like last season, when the Tigers beat the Yankees.

I'd like to see the Indians defeat the Red Sox. The obession of some of those Boston people scares me.

Yeah, Jeter was the biggest surprise of this postseason. Major letdown. I halfway expected those other guys to not get in to it.. but that goes to show that this team has no heart. Jeter probably felt like the only guy out there who wanted to really win for Joe Torre. Posada wasn't no good spot either. The entire lineup's at fault. Changes will be made, I hope for the better. But yeah, Jeter batting .016 or whatever was really shameful, worst part of losing to me because now not only do the Yankee haters get to run shit, but the Jeter haters get to come out in full effect.

Jeter was hurt somepoint during the end of season, thats partly why he did so bad, I believe it was his ankle or wrist, not to sure

It was his right-left knee, I believe. But it was one of the legs. And yeah you're right, he was hurt but it's no excuse to be making and Jeter will never make it. It was obvious he was still lingering. Same with Matsui, definitly. But yeah.. when Jeter bats in to 4 double plays... you just wonder.

yea of coarse, it shouldnt be used as an excuse but his injury did contribute to his performance, thats all im saying. The real question to wonder is wtf happend to chien-ming wang..