Page 17 of 139 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Baseball

Banned

Jeter has had some good series...but when was the last time they won it all??? Seven years ago? Jeter is a good player, but I'd hardly call him great. He is a .300 hitter who wont hit more than 20 homers and wont drive in a ton of runs. He won't win any gold gloves either.
    He is just solid all around...he past playoff performances and the fact he has a few rings and plays for the NYY will probably get him in the HOF....but other than that, there are alot of SS's I'd take over him.

Veteran Member

Oh And Dont Forget That Hes On Pace To Break Pete Rose's Hits Record Might Help To. Plus The Fact He's Already Won A Gold Glove. He Is Still Clutch If You Watched Them You Would Realize He Still Comes Up Big In Big Situations In The Game And Plays Best Against Boston And The Mets Which Are Like Playoff Type Games. Everyone Jumpin Off The Jeter Bandwagon After All He Did, Because Of 4 Bad Playoff Games. Dont Forget He Got Screwed Out Of Being The AL MVP Just Last Year.
    Last edited by baby jesus; 10-12-2007 at 05:51 PM.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Pete Rose didn't have a division series when he played.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    you aren't a true fan of baseball,
    guilty as charged
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Veteran Member

I'm Talking About Regular Season Hits Record Jeter Already Has The Most Postseason Hits.

funny thing about the Rockies - D 'backs game I noticed, Valverdie seemed to be really affected my something that happened early in the inning on the infield hit he fielded. It wasn't physical, but mental as he stepped on the third base chalk fielding the ball. He immediately looked down and seemed to shake his head when he noticed he was on the chalk, and quickly jumped off, but held his right leg in the air looking down on it. Then he went over to an area near the mound, sat down and scraped the bottom of his shoes. He gets back on the mound and is a mess. Three straight walks and the go-ahead run is in.

Point is Valverdie is one of those superstitious chalk hoppers, that is they jump over the chalk on the way in and out of games. My question is do you think his superstition got the best of him mentally?

interesting, I didnt know that about him. It would be too hard to see how much it effects him in a game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post
    Oh And Dont Forget That Hes On Pace To Break Pete Rose's Hits Record Might Help To. Plus The Fact He's Already Won A Gold Glove. He Is Still Clutch If You Watched Them You Would Realize He Still Comes Up Big In Big Situations In The Game And Plays Best Against Boston And The Mets Which Are Like Playoff Type Games. Everyone Jumpin Off The Jeter Bandwagon After All He Did, Because Of 4 Bad Playoff Games. Dont Forget He Got Screwed Out Of Being The AL MVP Just Last Year.
    How was Jeter robbed of the AL MVP last season? You don't think Justin Morneau deserved it?

Did anyone pick the Rockies to even be in the playoffs before the start of the season? What's up with this team? lol

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    How was Jeter robbed of the AL MVP last season? You don't think Justin Morneau deserved it?
    Of course he didn't think morneau deserved it, he probably didn't even know who Jeter lost to.

Veteran Member

I Guess Jeter Didnt Get Robbed Badly Because Morneau Deserved It But I Thought Jeter Deserved It More. The Power Numbers Are Gonna Of Course Favor Morneau But Thats Not Jeters Thing He Almost Won The Batting Title He Lost To Another Twin Mauer. So Who Was More Valuable To The Twins Its Questionable And I Know Cano Was In The Running For The Batting Title To But He Just Had Enough At-bats And When He Was Hurt For Awhile Jeter Was Defiently Carrying The Yankees For That Season And Even Though Morneaus Numbers Might Be More Impressive Jeter Just Does Little Things Everyday Especially LAst Year To Help The Team Win. I Hate To Say This Because This Probably Bothers People To Know End But They Do Say To Understand How Good A Player Jeter Is Who Have To Watch Him Everyday. Someone Even Left Jeter Completely Off There Ballot Thats Bullshit Right There.

Oh And Rock I Can Also Name You Who Was Talked About For Mvp Besides Morneau And Jeter I Remeber For Awhile Dye And Ortiz Were Gettin Talked About Heavy But There Teams Fell Off Boston After The Yankees Murdered Them. So Get The Fuck Out Of Here With The Lame Shit.

Oh And Rock I Can Also Name You Who Was Talked About For Mvp Besides Morneau And Jeter I Remeber For Awhile Dye And Ortiz Were Gettin Talked About Heavy But There Teams Fell Off Boston After The Yankees Murdered Them. So Get The Fuck Out Of Here With The Lame Shit.
    I think you are simply a genius, I apologize, all hail your googling skills.

Did anyone pick the Rockies to even be in the playoffs before the start of the season? What's up with this team? lol
    I picked them to win after dirty Knowledge said the Padres were IN the playoffs and before the Padres lost game 162 to the Brewers and the one-game playoff to the Rockies. Steve Phillips picked them just after the all star break too, thats pretty Nostradamus-esque.

Veteran Member

Hahaha Na I Knew It I Meen You Dont Think I Wasnt Keepin Up With The Mvp Race Last Year Especially With Jeter Involved Of Course I Was. You Keep Coming With This Shit About How Yankee Fans Know Nothing Is Silly Especially When The Mets Have Easily One Of The Stupidest Fan Bases In Sports.

. You Keep Coming With This Shit About How Yankee Fans Know Nothing Is Silly Especially When The Mets Have Easily One Of The Stupidest Fan Bases In Sports.
    How do you come to that conclusion? Just spouting off in anger? Don't be mad little boy, nobody cares if you are stupid.