Page 58 of 139 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Baseball

Well weren't they supposed to be one of the contenders this season, and they didn't make the playoffs? They are usually a World Series favorite every year, so I don't see how the new season will be any different.

thats what im sayin... if they miss the playoffs two years in a row with the money that they throwin around is pretty sad...

Like I said tho, the AL East is no punk... so well see....

Veteran Member

The Yankee Payroll Is Still Less Then Last Year After Signing Tex And The Yankees Are Doing Nothing Wrong If You Have A Problem With The Spending Thats With MLB Not The Yankees There Doing What Any Team Should And Thats Put As Much Money Into The Team As Possible To Try And Field A Winner Every Year.

Plus It's Not Like They Won Anything In 9 Years So How Is There Spending Ruining Baseball When Smaller Market Teams Are Still Succesful Look At Minnesota They Were A Playoff Team For Like Three Or Four Years In A Row.

Anyway Yankees Regain There Winning Ways And 27th World Title Here They Come.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post
    The Yankee Payroll Is Still Less Then Last Year After Signing Tex And The Yankees Are Doing Nothing Wrong If You Have A Problem With The Spending Thats With MLB Not The Yankees There Doing What Any Team Should And Thats Put As Much Money Into The Team As Possible To Try And Field A Winner Every Year.

Plus It's Not Like They Won Anything In 9 Years So How Is There Spending Ruining Baseball When Smaller Market Teams Are Still Succesful Look At Minnesota They Were A Playoff Team For Like Three Or Four Years In A Row.

Lets get real.... The Yankees have 10 division titles, 4 World Series victories, and 13 post-season appearances in the past 15 years...

Ill take that over the Rays ONE POST SEASON APPERANCE IN THE LAST 9 YEARS.... Everybody wants to say "look at the what the Rays did last year and their payroll" Im not saying its not possible for small market teams to make it to the playoffs but compared to big market teams who consistently make it is ridiculous... Dont even get me started on the Royals who I support every year....

It has gotten so bad that we praise small market teams for even making the post season but its a huge dissapointment for the yankees not to win the WS every year... you dont see a problem with that?

Im not sayin its all on the yankees, it is really a MLBPA issue but it doesnt look to change anytime soon... A cap or revenue sharing really isnt sensible because of how unbalanced it already is....

Banned

THe problem is that its a totally unbalanced playing field.

So those accomplishments by the Yankees aren't as great as they would have you believe. Because every year, about 80% of the other teams in teh league have absolutely NO SHOT at winning a WOrld Series.

And during the offseason about 95% or the teams have no shot at getting any of the top free agents.

Its an obvious advantage which is why people think its a joke.

Obviously, spending all that money doesnt guarantee you anything, but it does significantly increase your chances and odds.
    And with baseball its all about odds.
    They are always stacked in the Yankees favor.

The way it is, the big market teams will always be there.
    If they change it, than the Yankees would cease to be the dominant force they are. They would have to work alot harder to be contenders every year.

They'd be like the Knicks, Jets or Giants. Just another team.

Which is the way it should be.

Veteran Member

Yeah The Yankees Have An Advantage Absolutely Especially In The Situation of Say A Kei Igawa They Could Pay Him All That Money At The Chance That He Could Be A Bust And Move On Easily While That Would Cripple Other Teams.

I'm Just Sayin Its Not A Guarntee They Win Anything And I Dont Understand Why Everyone Blames The Yankees For Doing Something They Should In Trying To Put The Best Team Out There That They Possibly Can.

I think we made it clear that it doesnt garuntee anything but it gives a significant advantage and like nicky said baseball is all about odds...

you make a good point tho because most teams cant afford to keep their teams together like the yankees do (Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Bernie and Petite ) and most other teams cant overcome mistakes with money such as bad contracts *cough* Jose Guillen *cough* lol ...

that is just one of many problems with the monopoly baseball has become...

Banned

baby jesus.

I dont necesserily blaim the yankees because their objective should be to win a championship every year.

Veteran Member

Yeah I Get What You Guys Are Saying If I Rooted For A Team In A Small Market I Would Probably Feel The Same Way. But Do The Yankees Hurt Baseball Or Help It I Think Maybe A Little Bit Of Both. When They Come To Town Every Stadium Sells Out And I Think People Love To Root Against Them Like There The Villians. Either Way They Evoke Emotion Out Of Everyone.

But Back To The Point The Yankees Look Really Good Right Now They Needed To Pick Up A Bat To Go Along With The Pitching And They Came Through And Got Tex Big Signing.

Now I'm Gonna Go Watch The Knicks And Feel Some Of That Hopeless Feeling Your Talkin About.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i think the major discrepancy between teams like the Yankees/Red Sox and the small market teams will be evened out a little bit pretty soon...cuz it's simple to do with revenue sharing:

the main reason the Yanks, Mets, Sox, etc are so rich is their CABLE TV deals.....and that is because there is a huge market in those areas where lots of ppl wanna watch their team..

with the Milwaukee Brewers or the Royals or somebody like that--there's just not quite as many ppl living in that area, so there aren't as many cable subscribers..

now, the way to FIX that or to at least improve it is to split up the revenue....you see, the Yanks get all the cash but every single game they are always playing someone else---so logically the other team should be getting some of the money every time..

after what's happened this offseason i think those in charge are gonna push hard for more revenue sharing and it shouldn't be too difficult to go through (i'm not sure if the Players' Union has say in it or not, they always fuck shit up)..

and yes the Yankees will be pretty sick this year but there's always the possibilty for a key player (A-Rod, Sabathia, Tex) to get injured for a long period of time....and, good as they are, that doesn't mean the other teams got any worse---the Red Sox and Rays were fuckin ridiculous last year, so this is gonna be a close division..

Some moron said Tampa will still win the AL East. hahah not after we've had a full season to figure out those sly Rays pitchers. David Price got ROCKED in the WS!

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post

The Yankees aint doin nothin wrong but Suckin Major ASS. they'll come in third again. Red sox all day Baby
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

PRODIGAL SUN

Joe Torre Calls Alex Rodriguez A-Fraud in his new book lol. yalll hear about that?
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

Banned

haha...payin him all that money to hit .200 in the playoffs. They could bring back Brosius and he'd do better.

They will realize that C.C. is not a big game pitcher too. yea, he'll get hot during a stretch of the season, but he never wins the pressure games.

watch.