Page 9 of 139 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Baseball

I'm not trying to come down on the Yankees or the Red Sox, but ESPN ought to give some other baseball teams some more exposure on their channel. I mean, I know the Yankees and Red Sox are popular teams, but I get tired of seeing either of the teams on that channel so much. I'm not saying that they should put tons of Royals games on ESPN, but give some of the other teams some air time already.

Banned

Honestly, I only really watch Indians games. Its hard for me to sit and watch other teams play a whole game unless its the playoffs or the world series.

Same goes for the NBA..I only reallly watch Cavs games unless a game affects whats happening like the NJ vs. Chicago game in the reg. season finale.

NFL is different cuz of fantasy football. College football and bball i could watch anyone.

I'm the same way but for Detroit.

Although I did watch the Yankee/Red Sox games when nothing is on.

That game I was just watching on sopcast on my computer.

I only have very basic cable which means I don't get ESPN...matter of fact I don't even get TSN (Canadian version of ESPN)

However on CBC I can get Jays games once in a while depending on the network.

I thought it depends on your region for what games they show on ESPN.

I think the only time I see NL games is when the Mets play on Sat on FOX...lol

Why ya'll hating on the two best teams being spotlightted?

I mean.. I'm all for a Toronto vs. Pirates game on ESPN... once a year... on a Sunday where the family gets together and no one's watching TV... but c'mon now.

How am I hating on the two best teams? The Yankees aren't even at 500, and I think they are like third in their division right now. Even if they would finish with the best record by the end of the season, nobody would be surprised if they blow it in the playoffs again.

Lol at this shit. I guess you are right, man. I mean.. the Yankees all they do is blow it. When will we break the curse?????!

wuswordz95

the two best teams is an understatement. maybe the most popular. i think the mets and braves sereis had more meaning cuz they are neck to neck.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    Lol at this shit. I guess you are right, man. I mean.. the Yankees all they do is blow it. When will we break the curse?????!
    Hahaha Everyone Hates The Yankees So Blindly They Make The Stupidest Comments They Havent Won The Division Like 9 Times In A Row And Havent Won Since 2000 Thats Just Horrible. Shit There In 3rd Place And It's April Not Like It's September Or Something. Last Couple Of Years They Started Off Slow Everyone Wants To Say There Done What A Joke. Oh And Dont Forget Mo Is Done. Hahahaha.

I Understand Baseball Tonight Only Talks About The Yankees And It Makes Everyone Mad But No One Can Stop Talkin About Them So I Guess It's Valid For Them To Do So.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

It's not a stupid comment, cheese curl bloke. The Yankees pitching sucks right now. It's probably like the worst pitching in the league. If they don't straighten it out sometime, it's going to be a long season.

But the fact that we've got the best lineup will put us in contention come October.

i dont mean to hop into this argument. but i will anyways. im a red sox fan so take this however you want, but if i werent a sox fan, i would hate the yanks and sox. they get a lot more coverage on sports shows than every other baseball team. and its definately not fair. they arent always the big story, they just have two of the best markets. when they do play each other, it usually does make for a good series. i mean ESPN is always showing when Kobe plays Shaq, rivalries make for good tv.
    through songs i write, my wrongs i right
    if you wanna fight the power, get the power to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    But the fact that we've got the best lineup will put us in contention come October.
    Possibly, but I don't expect A-Rod to still be hitting the amount of home runs as the season goes on, at the rate that he is now. Unless he hits like over 100 home runs this year. lol Even though he's hitting real well, aren't the Yankees in like last place? lol They have the worst pitching in baseball. They are the only team in baseball without a save yet, and they have been making tons of errors.

Veteran Member

I Wouldnt Worry About The Saves They Do Have The Best Closer Ever And The Pitching Was Hurting Wang Is Back And Looked Pretty Good Mussina Will Be Back The Only Thing That Worrys Me Is The Rest Of The Relievers Defiently Look A Little Shakey Right Now. But Phillip Hughes Makes His Yankee Debut Tonight Had To Get Tickets For It I'm Amped Ready To Go.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I'm not trying to come down on the Yankees or the Red Sox, but ESPN ought to give some other baseball teams some more exposure on their channel. I mean, I know the Yankees and Red Sox are popular teams, but I get tired of seeing either of the teams on that channel so much. I'm not saying that they should put tons of Royals games on ESPN, but give some of the other teams some air time already.

.. Yea, the Phillies suck ass ..