Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Baseball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why ya'll hating on the two best teams being spotlightted?

I mean.. I'm all for a Toronto vs. Pirates game on ESPN... once a year... on a Sunday where the family gets together and no one's watching TV... but c'mon now.

How am I hating on the two best teams? The Yankees aren't even at 500, and I think they are like third in their division right now. Even if they would finish with the best record by the end of the season, nobody would be surprised if they blow it in the playoffs again.

Lol at this shit. I guess you are right, man. I mean.. the Yankees all they do is blow it. When will we break the curse?????!

wuswordz95

the two best teams is an understatement. maybe the most popular. i think the mets and braves sereis had more meaning cuz they are neck to neck.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    Lol at this shit. I guess you are right, man. I mean.. the Yankees all they do is blow it. When will we break the curse?????!
    Hahaha Everyone Hates The Yankees So Blindly They Make The Stupidest Comments They Havent Won The Division Like 9 Times In A Row And Havent Won Since 2000 Thats Just Horrible. Shit There In 3rd Place And It's April Not Like It's September Or Something. Last Couple Of Years They Started Off Slow Everyone Wants To Say There Done What A Joke. Oh And Dont Forget Mo Is Done. Hahahaha.

I Understand Baseball Tonight Only Talks About The Yankees And It Makes Everyone Mad But No One Can Stop Talkin About Them So I Guess It's Valid For Them To Do So.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

It's not a stupid comment, cheese curl bloke. The Yankees pitching sucks right now. It's probably like the worst pitching in the league. If they don't straighten it out sometime, it's going to be a long season.

But the fact that we've got the best lineup will put us in contention come October.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    But the fact that we've got the best lineup will put us in contention come October.
    Possibly, but I don't expect A-Rod to still be hitting the amount of home runs as the season goes on, at the rate that he is now. Unless he hits like over 100 home runs this year. lol Even though he's hitting real well, aren't the Yankees in like last place? lol They have the worst pitching in baseball. They are the only team in baseball without a save yet, and they have been making tons of errors.

i dont mean to hop into this argument. but i will anyways. im a red sox fan so take this however you want, but if i werent a sox fan, i would hate the yanks and sox. they get a lot more coverage on sports shows than every other baseball team. and its definately not fair. they arent always the big story, they just have two of the best markets. when they do play each other, it usually does make for a good series. i mean ESPN is always showing when Kobe plays Shaq, rivalries make for good tv.
    through songs i write, my wrongs i right
    if you wanna fight the power, get the power to fight

Veteran Member

I Wouldnt Worry About The Saves They Do Have The Best Closer Ever And The Pitching Was Hurting Wang Is Back And Looked Pretty Good Mussina Will Be Back The Only Thing That Worrys Me Is The Rest Of The Relievers Defiently Look A Little Shakey Right Now. But Phillip Hughes Makes His Yankee Debut Tonight Had To Get Tickets For It I'm Amped Ready To Go.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

lol, I don't remember saying I liked the Phillies, but they have won like 5 in a row, so they aren't sucking quite as much lately.

wuswordz95

wow yankees mhave lost 5 in a row. what is up wit dat. plzzz beat the red soxs take out yer fustrations on the crybaby nation. wah wah we havent won the world sereis in a 10000 years what kind of crap is that. okay i know the crybaby nation won the world sereis in 2004 but wait and see them starting crying 97 years later.

rabbit habits.. CherChezLaMarauder's Avatar

I guess people conviently forget that four of our starter pitchers are on the DL.....yet we're still close to .500...... We'll be iight...

Phillip Hughes has a bright future.....

Bosox are our stepsons....act like you know....

Quote Originally Posted by marauder1 View Post
    I guess people conviently forget that four of our starter pitchers are on the DL.....yet we're still close to .500...... We'll be iight...

Phillip Hughes has a bright future.....

Bosox are our stepsons....act like you know....
    -Hughes is overrated

-Wang seems like a one trick pony

-Pavano's a pussy

-Mussina's body is done

.. Bitch .. ..

I blame Brian Cashman for not being able to straighten Steinbreinner out. Because George is so fucking old, he thinks this is still Game 4 of the ALDS vs. Seattle in 1996 and we're down 0-7 in the 7th inning about to come back and spank that ass with 9 runs. Our pitching SUCKS. It's the reason we haven't been able to win a World Series since 2000. Pavano IS a pussy. (Why the Yanks didn't get D-Train from Florida or Beckett after that WS is beyond me.) Mussina is wearing down. (Up to now, he was the only reliable guy on the staff and now he's breaking down.) Wang is good. He would fit perfectly in a nice young rotation. He could be 3rd on the Marlins who got a great staff or even 3rd on Toronto behind Burnett/Holliday and I'm sure he'd be #2 behind Johan Santana on the Twins. Phil Hughes.. well shit the kid just started. The Yankees need to go young, and find those jewels in their farm system that helped them in the mid-90's be the dominant team they were.