Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Get It Off Your Chest (The Wu-Tang BEEF Thread)

penalty boxed user

i just heard a thrack with meth & lauryn & i loved the track & then i heard a track with meth, fat joe & styles & i put my head down & rubbed my forehead to relieve me of the stress i was feeling & i was thinking meth y did u do this u didn't have to, the track wasn't bad & i don't want to diss meth but as his biggest fan i will always support him i still only wear wu-wear even though it's virtualy impossible to find it in africa i got a homeboy in england that imports it from sweedin anyway what i'm trying to say is i would rather see meth rap with pop tha brown hornet from gp wu or any other wu affiliate then those other clowns. in my country wu is almost non exisistent & it feels good to hear ghost & meth on the radio doing thier comercial sh.t even though i'm an underground cat yo meth if you can hear me man keep doing what u do but don't forget about your underground fans much respect to the GZA

penalty boxed user

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
    Actually there is something I would like to get of my chest. Its not a criticism, just more a comment that goes against what alot of people on here have said in the past. Ghostface is not the reason that OB4CL is great. In fact if he would have had much lesser of a role the album would have been just as good. The album is a classic for two reasons. Firstly that Raekwon had an image/persona that he presented to the rap world and that other rappers then wanted to imitate to death. Secondly, Rae's vision was implemented by Rza's production and more importantly Executive producer skills. Ghost was just a featured rapper and not the mastermind behind the cd and to be very honest when people say 'I see Cuban Linx as a Ghost album just as much as a Raekwon album' thats complete and utter rubbish talk. Its a Raekwon album first and foremost because Rae had the idea and the vision of what he wanted. Its a Rza album second because he made Raekwons seed of inspiration grow into the best album of all time (personal opinion off course but its right up there nonetheless).

No offence inteneded.
    I agree with you but i think what really made the album a classic was the the support that the entire clan put in the project the entire cd every verse was excellent

penalty boxed user

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    why should method man have to stop making music because you didnt like his last album? despite all the hate it recieved it sold more than any of ghostfaces albums after supreme clientele.

that album sucked hard but as long as he has the desire to make music and record labels are willing to put his music out there he should keep doing his thing.
    i think saying the cd sucked hard is harsh there was a few good tracks on the cd i think what fu.ked it up was sh.t sellection of non wu affiliates on it & the lack of RZA beats & i think meth went a little TOO commercial but non the less the cd was ok i just hope meth fu.k it i'm just glad he's releasing another cd

why do the "gods" not come out and play themselfes? i mean. there´s more what a brother can do..not only be a mc or producer. be a human who cares for others. neither black or white or what country they climbed from the trees... the world needs people who start something... did the black panthers died at all?

damn.. i think yo ni66as are scared! and that´s that
    out of ice

I think Ghost was part of why Cuban Linx was so good. During the Wu's prime that was just how it was, that duo, Rae and Ghost, Lex and Tony. They're the two best story tellers in the clan IMO, especially with the whole Wu-Gambino theme so with Ghost supposedly bein on like 2-3 tracks at the most I don't think it'll feel the same. Yeah I know Cuban Linx 1 came out 10 years ago but I think he should shoot for the same type of feel as the first album I mean it is called CUBAN LINX II. So...yeah..bad move there Rae. And hopefully he doesn't have too many wack mainstream niggas on there or Aftermath niggas.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    why should method man have to stop making music because you didnt like his last album? despite all the hate it recieved it sold more than any of ghostfaces albums after supreme clientele.

that album sucked hard but as long as he has the desire to make music and record labels are willing to put his music out there he should keep doing his thing.
    I ain't gonna go as far as sayin all that shit but Meth in the last...shit..7-8 years has been pretty damn wack. Not overrall but with this solo shit. He was never close to my favorite general but it's gettin kinda ridiculous now. So yeah I could care less as of now about his next solo album. If it's anything like the last two it might be time for him to hang up the solo career.

And yeah his album sold alot but so what, the quality of Ghostface's solo catalogue is 20 times that of Meth's sorry solo history. Hasn't had a dope LP since the original Tical, where as Ghost hasn't really dropped 1 wack LP IMO, although some people hate BPW. (if you weren't even meaning to compare Ghost and Meth's solo shit then just disregard this )

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

well, i liked tical2000 a lot more then ghosts last 3 albums and even a shade better then supreme clientele so thats all opinions(dont get it twisted, i think fishscale is dope).

there is no reason for meth to stop making music when he is the highest selling member in wu-tang(thats piece of doo-doo tical 0 went gold(512K soundscan) despite being crucified by critics and garbage promotion) and records companies are willing to sign him.

he'll go out on his own terms.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Autarch

I cant believe people are still moaning about Meth's last album.

And what happened to the OFFICIAL Linx 2 thread???

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

Why do people hate on U-God?! If hes given good production and marketing he might just drop a classic.

[quote=Ghost Deini]I ain't gonna go as far as sayin all that shit but Meth in the last...shit..7-8 years has been pretty damn wack. Not overrall but with this solo shit. He was never close to my favorite general but it's gettin kinda ridiculous now. So yeah I could care less as of now about his next solo album. If it's anything like the last two it might be time for him to hang up the solo career.
    quote]

tical2000 and and blackout were both great album t2000 was imo better tha ptone and bpw (both good albums also) and imo blackout was better than bpw, but tical0 was way to commercial, but thats just my opinion
    fuck the queen
    wu tang clan aint nothin to fuck with

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deini
    I think Ghost was part of why Cuban Linx was so good. During the Wu's prime that was just how it was, that duo, Rae and Ghost, Lex and Tony. They're the two best story tellers in the clan IMO, especially with the whole Wu-Gambino theme so with Ghost supposedly bein on like 2-3 tracks at the most I don't think it'll feel the same. Yeah I know Cuban Linx 1 came out 10 years ago but I think he should shoot for the same type of feel as the first album I mean it is called CUBAN LINX II. So...yeah..bad move there Rae. And hopefully he doesn't have too many wack mainstream niggas on there or Aftermath niggas.

i read rza saying ghosts part was more or less being taken up by gza as raes slang partner on cx2 so if thats true im really looking forward to that album even more
    fuck the queen
    wu tang clan aint nothin to fuck with

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

RZA doesn't have time to produce for every Wu general. He has projects he wants to work on too.

Method CD wasn't bad. It didn't go platinum because that was the start of bootlegging and people wasn't paying for it, downloading and crap. Doesn't understand you must support artists to let record companies know who we want to hear. Keep downloading and watch the greats disappear.