Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why do we cook food?

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

up

Hi again my legion. Hope you enjoy my view on these swedish meatballs

I like to eat fruit and vegetables raw. But vegetables I like to steam to soften them up.

Meat? The more rare the better. But you can only eat it rare if it is very fresh. You have a local farm or local butcher with direct farm supply?

Overcooking food is very unhealthy.

The concern around burnt food increasing the risk of cancer relates to the chemicals that form when food is overcooked or burnt: Acrylamide; Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) The two most prevalent food groups affected are starchy foods and meat.
    Don't overcook your food or burn your toast or tortillas. Keep things fresh.

I like to eat fruit and vegetables raw. But vegetables I like to steam to soften them up.

Meat? The more rare the better. But you can only eat it rare if it is very fresh. You have a local farm or local butcher with direct farm supply?

Overcooking food is very unhealthy. But if you have some not fresh meat then it's better to cook it more to kill the bacteria that grows in aging meat. Just don't char it.

The concern around burnt food increasing the risk of cancer relates to the chemicals that form when food is overcooked or burnt: Acrylamide; Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) The two most prevalent food groups affected are starchy foods and meat.
    Don't overcook your food or burn your toast or tortillas. Keep things fresh.

The older you get, the more you will have to watch your diet. Metabolism slows down and your body has to fight harder to overcome cancerous cells.

Think of it this way. Everyone has cancerous cells. Everyone has a little bit of cancer in them. Read about apoptosis.

Whoever figures out how to control cellular apoptosis will cure cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    This guy would be the ideal room mate.

RZA and Paul Banks Tag Team Spicy Wings | Hot Ones