06. Backstage Pass
    07. Give It To Me (Feat. Young Buck)
    08. Click Click (Feat. Tony Yayo)
    09. Pearly Gates (Feat. 50 Cent)
    10. Capital P, Capital H
    11. Daydreamin'
    12. The Infamous (Feat. 50 Cent)
    13. In Love With The Moula
    14. It's Alright (Feat. 50 Cent & Mary J. Blige)
    Bonus Tracks
    15. Have A Party (Feat. 50 Cent & Nate Dogg)
    16. Outta Control (Remix) (Feat. 50 Cent)

I've been debating who was better over the past couple of years, D.P.G. or Mobb Deep. With this album it's gotta go to the Dogg Pound, Mobb Deep fell the fuck off. Everything about Blood Money is a mess.. it sounds like they just decided the hard part was over when they signed to 50. I'm not saying that this album is bad however, it's just messy and underachieving for Mobb Deep. I was pretty worried when i saw that Havoc was only producing half the record, but maybe that's the best thing they could have done in the end - Hav's beats either sound uninspired (Smoke It, which is co-produced by Sha Money XL and Speakin' So Freely) or far too experimental for most people to appreciate (Creep).. however, Put Them In Their Place, Stole Something & Click Click are on par with Hav's best late-period work. Still, 3 out of 6 Hav beats are hot? What happened to the Hell On Earth days when he could produce an entire record? Beatwise, the rest of the record is either hit or miss, but only 1 or 2 beats really sound like the type Mobb would rock over though. The Infamous & Capital P, Capital H are both hot, but songs like Backstage Pass make me wish that producers still looped their shit.. the intro to that song would make a HOT beat.

Lyrically, this album just falls flat on its face. I'll be the first to admit that Mobb Deep were never (ever) the most lyrical rappers around, but they had their moments - Prodigy's verse on Drink The Pain Away, Havoc's half slurred flow on HoE.. all that made up for their limited subject matter. Here though, Prodigy can't even rap decently anymore. His flow is shot to shit, and Havoc's lyrical/flow improvement over the past few years disappears like it never even happened. I can't believe websites were hyping up P's verse on Capital P.. like it's some amazing return to form (wow, abbreviations with the letter P in them!). Their subject matter is just guns, girls and money except on maybe Pearly Gates, which somebody at G-Unit Records/Interscope decided to edit out anyway. That's pretty damn safe of 50. Speaking of 50 and the rest of G-Unit.. I don't like 50, and I like Banks & Buck, but their verses are completely forgettable. 50 appears on six tracks and manages to steal the spotlight on Creep & Pearly Gates even if he hasn't spit a verse like Hate It Or Love It since.. Hate It Or Love It, really.

Overall, terribly disappointing. I actually like the Tony Yayo album more, because I know he's not capable of making a good record and I don't have the same expectations. Mobb Deep just joined the ranks of old school NY'ers who just don't have the motivation to make good music anymore. I hope one day they listen to The Infamous and then Blood Money and realise just how far they've fallen from their own standards.

2.5/5
    Last edited by Dr Zayus; 04-21-2006 at 12:39 AM.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zayus
    Their subject matter is just guns, girls and money
    Agreed with that point especially, nice review. I'm normally very open-minded when it comes to artists I haven't enjoyed listening to in the past, I'll always give them a second, third and sometimes fourth or fifth chance.

I listened to Blood Money once throughout, and I thought(like most people)....damn....The G-Unit version of Mobb Deep truly do suck. So I started the album over again, and listening to it for the second time, I noticed how much they mentioned the same subjects(and then turned it off halfway through and went back to my Lupe compilation ), the beats save this album so much, which is strange because I heard Dre didn't go near this.

They are clearly very desperate for this to sell, the cover is disgusting in my opinion, just shows the lame mentality of G-Unit. Also I found the fact they have included two party tracks in Outta Control Remix and Have A Party, both which appeared on other albums, very desperate.

The songs I did like sounded a lot better than they probably actually are alone, it's just any sort of average song on here sounds very, very good, if that makes sense? Songs I liked;

09. Pearly Gates (Feat. 50 Cent)
    12. The Infamous (Feat. 50 Cent)
    14. It's Alright (Feat. 50 Cent & Mary J. Blige)

However none of those will make the MP3 player, and it's funny how two of those tracks are recycled beats(AZ - New York & Alchemist - Tick Tock).

I give it a 3/5, rounded up from 2.5
    On a slightly related subject, I just downloaded 'The Alchemist files' or something like that, filled with tracks from G-Unit and other trash, it's worse than Blood Money, however if you get the chance, listen to AZ - Professional Style, sounds like something straight from the A.W.O.L cd.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blast
    On a slightly related subject, I just downloaded 'The Alchemist files' or something like that, filled with tracks from G-Unit and other trash, it's worse than Blood Money, however if you get the chance, listen to AZ - Professional Style, sounds like something straight from the A.W.O.L cd.
    hahahaha Chemistry Files is the illest beats for mainstream cats you just hatin cause he's workin with g-unit and cam'ron. you hate so much on g-unit you dont even give the mobb a chance. speakin so freely, click click, put em in they place, smoke it, pearly gates, the infamoius ALL BANGERS

if you aint feelin DAYDREAMIN your a fuckin geek

7/10

"I'M HERON & SEX IN ONE, DOPE AS FUCK"

Quote Originally Posted by piffcrack
    if you aint feelin DAYDREAMIN your a fuckin geek
    Now I know you're overrating the Mobb Deep album because you're secretly disappointed and you're not actually going to listen to Daydreamin a week from now, but listen to this song again then listen to G.O.D. pt. III and tell me which once you're going to listen to again.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm

Album completly TRASH. WOW I would have never though id say this. How you go from Classics like The Infamous, Hell On Earth and Murda Musik, TO this SHIT!!! WOW thats all I can say.

well I will check it out but it looks and sounds like a 50 cent lp with the songs I heard so far

I want you to put your hands together and
    welcome him to the stage -- a big round of applause for Jackson Heights'
    own, Mr. Randy Watson! Yesssss!!!! Randy Watson!

if anyone could up this for me and pm me with the address i'd really appreciate it. especially with all the hate from you cats i want to hear what it sounds like before i buy it.

It's Alright f. 50 Cent & Mary J. Blige is the same beat from Tick Tock off the Alchemist 1st Infantry album with Prodigy & Nas.

The Infamous is a recycled Alchemist beat that Common used on the "One Day It will All make sense" album.

This album is straight trash. The only songs that I actually like are Speakin' So Freely & Stole Something

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zayus
    Mobb Deep fell the fuck off.
    No shit, Sherlock? They fell off since Infamy. Since then they are trash, I don't have much respect for them, even though they made two of my favorite albums (HOE & Infamous). Havoc said that Amerikaz Nightmare or Infamy or Murda Muzik is better then Hell On Earth and Juvenile Hell. What a bitch ass.

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
    -------
    R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)

WHAT'S GOING ON?

omfg that pic is genius

Shaolin Warrior

maybe a little off topic but they are gonna be in my city tom and im gonna see em perform this album and maybe some ole school tracks. I really hope i dont see any G-Unit BS

Knowing the Ledge Claustrofobic's Avatar

I've been debating who was better over the past couple of years, D.P.G. or Mobb Deep. With this album it's gotta go to the Dogg Pound, Mobb Deep fell the fuck off.
    come on man, The Infamous and Hell on Earth shits all over the whole DPG discography, those DPG cats will never top what Havoc and P have given us in '95/'96

i don't like the album it has to much G-unit influence on there

i only herd a cuple songs, like 2 or 3. i was feelin those tracks alot, but from the sounds of it they must have been the best 3, if so then im not plannin on coppin this album
    get at me-
    "i got drug spots from NY to Canada/
    cuz Big L b fuckin wit more keys then a janita/"
    Follow me @SkiLLs456