Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen silent hill yet?

Yeah, everyone in the town that was part of that cult was dead. They just wouldn't lay down

Ah yes, Pyramid Head! He's the stalker of James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2. He pretty much follows you around the game stopping you up whenever he gets the chance, simmliar to what he was doing in the movie. They didn't explain his presence in the movie much because basically I think they just put him there to shut the fans up. But in the game it goes like this...

Back during the Civil War, Silent Hill had a prison camp for captured rebel soldiers (As SH was in the North). At the prison camp they would have executioners who would usually wear white smocks and triangular hoods to conceal their face. The prisoners would have a choice of how they would like to die, either...

1. By hanging
    2. By skewering

Hanging is pretty much self explanitory, as for the skewring, they would take the prisoner, hang them upside down on a metal box frame, and spear them through the chest. Afterwards the executioner would clean off the instruments at Toluca Lake or "Blood Lake" as the water tended to get quite red. Pyramid Head represents part of the town's bloody history as the spirit's of such men couldn't possibly be pardoned due to the excessive murders on his soul. So they're pretty much damned to roam in Silent Hill. PH's look is similar to the costume he used to wear as an executioner only instead of a triangular hood he has an extremely pointy head now. In the game Pyramid Head is a lot more of a badass than the regular demons because not only is he out to kill the damned who happen to flock to SH for whatever reason, but he also kills other demons (and is seen in a few scenes in the game which can only be described as rape of a demon). The first half of the game he can be seen carrying the Great Knife - which is the weapon he was using in the movie. The other half og the game he's using a spear - like the ones used to skewer the prisoners to death.

This is the picture you find in the game that kinda explains that he was to be the one to lead the damned once time came to take over. You can see the tortured souls of his skewer victims behind him.

Hope that clears that up for you Also, remeber. This has nothing to do with the movie his role in the movie is purely to wreak havoc.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

dude, what other video games are as cool as silent hill when it comes to demon raping cult skewering hell holes with ghost girls runnin around deathcamps with pyramid motherfuckers in em?
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

you guys got me interested now. i think i wanna see this movie despite the shitty reviews i've read.
    ]browndogg*]

Veteran Member

4 real its sounding 2 dope i have 2 see it soon hopefully james will be in part 2 he had the best story in all the games in my opinion.Question anyone who play 4 know if his dad is in the game

Yeah SH2 definaely has the best story hands down.

And yeah, James' father is in part 4. Frank Sunderland, he plays the landlord for the apartment complex the game takes place in.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

*possible spoilers*

Pyramidhead was crazy. I think it could have been given more time on the screen though (the part in front of the church was amazing)

The toilet scene had everyone in the cinema cringing, which you don't see often in cinemas .One of the best scenes of the year so far.

Can't say it's a classic, but a very, very good film. I though it was a great film,the only thing letting it down was the acting in certain parts and a somewhat weak script,but well worth seeing for anyone deciding whether or not to go see it.

Would love a sequel, and I think it's set up nicely for one too.

Veteran Member

Bad reviews cause they didn't understand the movie, plus gans is a french director (crying freeman, brotherhood of the wolf) So, he never does films that american audience can relate, cause its more like a french film. This is his first American movie, and fought hard to get the rightd to do silent hill, he worships the game. By the way, the movie is definitely the best adaptation of a video game. BEST VIDEO GAME MOVIE EVER. I saw something different about the ending than most people do

spoilers:

I thought the devil made rose choose, and once she chose the darkness to get her daughter back, that she will remain in the devil's domain/darkness, and rose knew this. Hence towards the end she wasn't freaking out and screaming trying to look for her husband. She knew what path she took and she loves her daughter very much. So, she sold her soul to the devil.

end spoiler:

By the way, the music at the final confrontation was fucking insane, all the music and camera angles were straight from the game. Absolutely amazing, fuck what the critics say, and by the way, the reviews are still better than most video game movies.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Veteran Member

Yo man i just saw it last night and that shit was worth it. It was this one part when this bitch got her fuck'n skin ripped off, that had just about everybody in the theater flip'n out. The ending is the only thing that had me kinda mad though because i dont really understand what happened...

"The earth daughter rest her head on my chest
    Through the struggle we cuddle under half-moon crest"

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlooHook
    Na, a lot of the scares were snatched straight from the game. Some of them were kinda funny in tems of the demons and how they moved but they tried to mimic the game. The plot on the other hand was changed lot from what the game was based on. But the only reason why anyone would say it was eak is because they don't understand it. A lot move movie critics aren't gonna understand this movie if they don't understand the video game.
    Ive been on this site for a while and ive seen your sig a few times. Now that ive seen this movie im just now understanding the joke entitled...hahaha

(Double post, but who cares.)
    Last edited by Dough Snatcher; 04-23-2006 at 11:51 AM.

Veteran Member

so what age rateing is it ?
    might go watch it when it comes out (dont think it hit the UK yet)

Veteran Member

Its rated R...

Veteran Member

its only a 15 here in the uk which dont make sence 2 me from ive been hearing

its ok- its more blood thirsty and sick then scary.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlooHook
    Yeah SH2 definaely has the best story hands down.

And yeah, James' father is in part 4. Frank Sunderland, he plays the landlord for the apartment complex the game takes place in.
    what ending do u think they used from part 2 then does his father say anythings about it

Veteran Member

I am not lying when i say this. I talk to this guy in a video game store today who saw the movie, and he thought it was absolutely horrendous. I totally disagree, so I said that "at least its better than stay alive", he goes "what stay alive was great"

Ok, I figured it out, I don't think anyone fully understood the movie as a whole and people just figured it sucked. Here is the problem. Silent Hill the movie does not play out like your typically horror movie, I mean, seriously, who would have known that the mother is still alive strapped on a barbed wired bed while the devil is trying to reunited the daughter, biological mother, and foster mother to destroy a witch hunting cult thats being haunted by demons from hell, and the twist is that the demons are the heroes and the witch huanting cult are the villians.

Does that sound like a typical american horror film? No. Will it fuck with people's heads? Yes. So, that is why people hate it. It is completely unpredictable. Most audiences need something where they can grasp the meaning of a film, or have a happy ending.

spoiler:
    the demons/heroes win. Kinda of weird huh.
    end spoiler:

So, stay alive was just a basic ghost story about a ghost trapped in a video game with teenagers running around.

Another reason people didn't like Silent Hill, after talks with people about it. It that there were no male leads. Meaning, most of the important characters were all women. And violence on women freaks audiences out.

Kill Bill is a love it or hate it movie, no in between. Silent Hill same thing, both films dealt with mostly women. But they were very violent.

Oh, and Silent Hill was definitely, in my opinion, more violent than Kill Bill.
    Remember, the biological mother, and what they did to her. The hospital scene was sad and hard to watch.

Let's face it, the film was so weird and bizarre it was difficult to accept as a good movie for most people. But open your mind and let it absorb you. The movie was amazing, and alot better than most of the shit thats been out in the past couple of years.

One last thing, the music ruled in this movie.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched