Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Wu-Tang Shows!

Exclamation Live Wu-Tang Shows!

Ya'll out there been to Wu shows right? Where & When?
    How was that shit for ya overall?
    ...been hardcore since my Commodore

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Nathaniel9

My favorite and least favorite experience:

I went to the one at Hammerstine in New York City. It was fucking incredible. I mean it feels good to be at Wu shows because all you got around you are hardcore WU fans that know almost all the lyrics to every single song, wear Wu-Tang related shirts, and think Wu-Tang is the best shit in the world. I ve been to many- infact I will be at Ghostface's show on Sunday.

My favorite would have to be the GZA concert in BB Kings(NYC) not the one with Muggs, but the one before that. He brough Ghost, Killah Priest, Deck, Masta Killa, Cappadonna, and DJ Mathematics was there. R.A the Rugged Man oppened up, then C Cays Wallz performed, and then J-Live. That was probably the best show i ve ever been to.

The worst was the Methodman Feat. Streetlife show at BB KINGS. We had to wait FOREVER for Meth and Street. Show started at 9 and they showed up like at 1 something. Meth was real conceited and kind of ignorant. There was also a fight between Streetlife and some dudes that performed right before they showed up. That shit scared the shit out of mad people; the stage was packed with all of MEF'S and Street's people and it made me feel unconfortable. Honestly I think it was set up: Right after the fight he perfomed F.A.N.Z.

I went to two Killa Beez concerts (Cilvaringz, Beretta 9, Shogun Assasson, Remedy, Shabazz The Disciple, Timbo King), one in Tilburg and the other one in Amsterdam. I went to a solo concert by Shabazz in Tilburg, a few solo gigs of Cilvaringz, and one Wu-Tang gig in Amsterdamone and a half years ago. That shit was amazing! For our NY friends here on the board this feeling must have softened a bit, but seeing the Clan for real for the first time (and up til now last) was awesome

i think i'm high

most recently was hammerstein reunion
    seen method and red live
    also saw wu-tang in like 97 in jerzy

Realness

Veteran Member

Best Concert Ever...Rage Against the Machine w/ Wu-Tang Clan August '98 in Indianapolis @ Deer Creek.
    25,000+ in attendance, both Rage and Wu were a perfect combination and I sat front row center and still have the ticket stub.
    Not only did both groups kill it, but someone died trying to run down from the lawn to the pavillion when they tripped and smacked their head on the concrete steps.

I've never seen any show in my life comparable to that night.

thanx for the feedback fam...
    but really no one else wants to list they shit...

wu tang- the W tour )State Theatre, Detroit
    wu tang- iron flag tour)State theatre, Detroit
    Rza ft Black Knights)St. Andrew's Hall, Detroit
    Ghostface Pretty Tony tour)The Shelter, Detroit
    Ghostface Fishscale Concert Ft Cappadonna and Trife)St. Andrews
    Wu tang live at studio 95, Detroit
    Method Man Tical 0 Pre- release party)Royal Oak Music Theatre
    Method Man & Redman at the 1rst Hip hop Summit)State Theatre, Deroit

Method Man (ft StreetLife) live in Copenhagen, Vega.. Crazy show
    Raekwon (+ one from ice water inc.) also very ill.
    I'm hoping to see either Gza or Cappadonna this year.. But of course the whole clan would be craaazy

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i been to a couple wu shows, they been coming around my tri-state alot in the past 2 years

wu tang clan 2004-In Jersey, actually the day before ODB died
    Gza 2005-TLA in philly
    Ghostface 2005-TLA in philly
    Wu tang clan reunion tour-2006 Electric Factory in philly
    Ghostface fishscale tour-TLA in philly

i might see mef on the 11th in allentown 2..lol

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Wu reunion tour at Hammerstein, Valentines Day
    Ghostface at BB Kings, Fishscale tour

Thats about it I think

Was anyone at Rock The Bells when all nine members were there?....I saw the documentary the other day and have to say I am glad I wasnt there....shit looked mad dangerous with all the people cramming in and people in the front not being able to breathe and shit

..neva got enough feedback on this one...hit me

I LOVE THE WU TANG CLAN to death, but sometimes... they the wu, they make mistakes as they are people too.

1. Raekwon, Ghostface spring 04(lex diamond/pretty toney promo tour, grand nightclub in los angeles)
    rate: can't say, didn't get to stay, but prolly a 10, cause it was FREE!!!
    - free show sponsored by Kool cigarettes
    - opener was slick rick(who changed his chains from gold to all bling half way thru the set!), then rae, then ghost.
    - i had to leave during rae's set, because my lady and i'd bought tickets for rjd2 the same night at another club. i wish i hadn't left as it seemed like he was tearing up the crowd! really poor sound, in a really small and old club, but the vibe was there. you could tell the people there were real wu fans.
    - i really wish i would have stayed... atleast i got some free cigarettes out of it.

Method Man, may 04 (tical 0 promo tour, hob in anahiem)
    rate: 10
    - not my favorite member, but of all the members of the wu, he came the most prepared and professional. he wasn't late, streetlife didn't try even once to take the spotlight away from meth (ie: trife and ghost) and meth did every single hit track he and the wu ever had, minus "break ups 2 make ups".
    -all the songs flowed and blended well together and there weren't 10+ dudes on the stage. just him and streetlife. you could tell some thought and rehursal was put into this.

3. Rock the Bells/wu tang reunion, aug 04 (orange pavillion in san bernardino)
    rate: 10
    - unbelieveable! just madness. imagine 10,000 ppl just screaming every lyric to every song! vibe was right, they was all on point... except dirty was sitting down half the time, but what surprised me most was how on point he was lyrically... came on an hour and a half late, true in wu fashion.
    - everyone was pissed before they came on. i think i waited at the gates to this show for like 3 hours. by the time i got to the front of the line, the first 30 ppl in front were mased... people then started to riot in the line and broke down the fence. made me wonder why i even bothered to buy a ticket. anyone could've gotten in free if they waited long enough.

4. Rock the Bells/ Cuban Linx: Ghost and Rae + suprise guest the RZA (orange pavillion in san bernardino)
    rate: too blunted to give an accurate one
    - great lineup: nas, redman, living legends, heiroglyphics, sage francis, guru... i forget who else
    - anyway, unfortunately the day was really hot, redman too forever to get on stage, i got a little too blunted during nas' set, so my memories of the show are few. cuban linx closed and all i know is that they did alot of old wu hits, but they did not do 'verbal intercourse' when rae and ghost hit the stage. it was sad because, alot of people figured the set was over after nas, so only half the venue stayed for rae and ghost. WTF??!?!?!
    - rza was the special guest and was supposed to preform, but they ran out of time at the end of the set. he was on stage the whole time w/ rae and ghost.
    - i don't have the endurance/patience to do whole day outdoor shows.

5. GZA/muggs, nov 05 (grandmasters promo tour, grand nightclub in los angeles)
    rate: 2
    - gza is one of my favorites, grandmasters is dope, muggs was there too...and i had high expectations! the venue is really small, old with crap sound system included. lineup wasn't too bad: planet asia, i self divine, swollen members. gza was really unprofessional live, first he kept yelling at someone in the crowd who threw a cell phone at him then he accused the guy who threw it of being on acid. as a professional preformer, that stuff shouldn't have messed his concentration so much. he kept saying how 'sharp' he was, yet thruout the set, there were numerous times where he'd mess up his verses and ask muggs to spin the record back. he'd then go back and redo the whole verse correctly. (the WHOLE verse??!?!)

-i was also annoyed at how his hypeman started to do some of the other wu member's verses on some songs... i dunno maybe it's a pet peeve, but if you ain't meth, dirt, ghost, rza, etc. you shouldn't do the whole verses!

-he also did two songs acapella. 'queen's gambit' and 'all n together'. okay... one acapella track is cool but he did these two back to back! wtf? all n together has a slammin beat and hearing him acapella for 9 minutes isn't cool. especially when the dude has a really monotone voice and doesn't move around much.

-however, he did do alot of wu classics off 36 chambers. not worth $20, although swollen members rocked pretty hard (to my surprise)

6. ghostface, mar 06 (fishscale promo tour, hob in los angeles)
    rate: 8.5
    - ghost is my favorite emcee, yet unfortuately like the rest of the wu, the show seemed unorgainzed and would've been way better had it seemed more prepared.
    -Tone wasn't decked out in his robe or wearing too many chains. didn't play alot of my favorites ("one", "all that i got", "ghost dini", "criminology", no tracks/verses off 36 chambers), did a tribute to odb but got mad at the crowd when someone screamed during the moment of silence.
    -woulda been a 10 if he did more of my favorites.

Not sure if this counts, but i did see RZA and meth.

7. RZA: toon time w/ the rza, july 05, LA film festival, Greek Theater LA.
    rate: 9
    - RZA was the guest of honor this past year at the LA film festival, so that means he got to pick out 3 films "Enter the 36 chambers", "good bad and ugly" and "Ghost Dog", also he gets his own night where he gets to talk to the crowd.

he didn't talk much, but he did this thing, where he had a set of DVDJ's and a set of turntables, and would mix wu breaks (70's soul records) along with a series of cartoons he was playing/mixing w/ the DVDJ's.

dvdj's just came out, so there was alot of technical difficulties, but it was cool to see the rza as a dj and trying to match the beats to the cartoons. when he was on point, it was sick, but... yes there were many technical difficulties. method man came by to support as well. pretty cool and innovative. $10 well spent. good job RZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris79
    Wu reunion tour at Hammerstein, Valentines Day
    Ghostface at BB Kings, Fishscale tour

Thats about it I think

Was anyone at Rock The Bells when all nine members were there?....I saw the documentary the other day and have to say I am glad I wasnt there....shit looked mad dangerous with all the people cramming in and people in the front not being able to breathe and shit
    show was insane man... it was crazy because the security didn't know how to handle the crowd. by the time i got in, it seemed like security had given up. the fans seriously f*cked that place up! grafitti everywhere on everything, i remember seeing some cats steal from and knock over those merch booths, people puffing blunts and joints everywhere.

keep in mind the place is a hangar/spot where planes are fixed... and the fans were able to break thru and tear down a heavy duty steel fence. not that chain link stuff, the real deal! i was surpised myself.

security couldn't do anything that day, even macing the crowd didn't do nothin. the power of the wu was in control and owned it!

Im going too see them live for my first time the 24th of june... I cant wait!!

Peace

Exclamation

I went to that shitz at Chene Pk. Detroit.06 let me just tell you that was the best concert I eva saw.. I'll admit I neva got ta see em with ODB but this show after listenin since 98 and bein at 3 Wu shows before..was just beyond words.....peas

Banned

i saw wu-tang minus ODB of course at club laga in pittsburgh twice.

july 2000
    march 2002

saw ghostface last year at Mr Smallz in Pittsburgh