Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GZA/DJ MUGGS Set List?

Default GZA/DJ MUGGS Set List?

I'm going to the GZA & DJ MUGGS concert when they come down to Australia in a few weeks and i'm wondering what's the main songs they have been playing on their tour? I own all of GZA's solo albums but never really heavily played any of them other than liquid swords so if anyone could list the main songs they play from all the albums would be good. Also what tracks does DJ Muggs spin? Just old skool Cypress Hill or anything else?
    Thanks for any help, Can't wait to see a Wu Member live!

bump, im sure some people have been to concerts on this tour any help?

GZA was down in boston a little while ago, i didn't see him but i heard he performed the usual assortment of GZA tracks, shit from liquid swords + wu-tang. a little off Grandmasters

rabbit habits.. CherChezLaMarauder's Avatar

well both them cats have an ill ass repetoire. So regardless, the concert should be the jump off. Enjoy my nigga

Aiight cool cool, So what tracks can i expect him to play? I know he will prob do all his tracks that he's on from 36 chambers, does he do only his verses? What are his biggest solo tracks he's going to play? I ask this because im going to make a cd with all the tracks he's going to play so me and my mate (Dosen't listen to much Wu) can bump it heaps before the concert so we get to know the main songs.

when i saw him in 2004 (before grandmasters) he did verses from 7th Chamber, Clan in da front, duel of the iron mic, liquid swords, livin in the world today, Older Gods etc.

cant fuckin wait. shhhmokin.

Quote Originally Posted by crass
    when i saw him in 2004 (before grandmasters) he did verses from 7th Chamber, Clan in da front, duel of the iron mic, liquid swords, livin in the world today, Older Gods etc.
    ahh kool kool, I heard Killah Priest was coming as well i hope he does Basic Intructions Before Leaving Earth.
    I wonder what tracks he will do off Grandmasters, I heard he usually preforms the ODB tribute track on it.

What happens when other clan members verses come up? Does GZA or his hype man preform that or do they skip it out. Would be sweet to hear all of songs like Triumph or Mystery Of Chessboxin etc.

I'd expect to hear almost all of the grandmasters album, definitely give that some play before going.
    "What is the meanin' of crime? is it Criminals Robbin Innocent Muthafuckaz Everytime?"

dont get too excited they cancelled the one in amsterdam a couple of weeks b4 it happened.....not a good look.
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

Lucky Australians. .Enjoy the true shit. . .
    https://www.youtube.com/xiliesfwnesofficial

Jamal Arief

Quote Originally Posted by $ould
    ahh kool kool, I heard Killah Priest was coming as well i hope he does Basic Intructions Before Leaving Earth.
    I wonder what tracks he will do off Grandmasters, I heard he usually preforms the ODB tribute track on it.

What happens when other clan members verses come up? Does GZA or his hype man preform that or do they skip it out. Would be sweet to hear all of songs like Triumph or Mystery Of Chessboxin etc.
    usually all tracks are cut down to one to two minutes like on a mixtape and i have been to concerts where people did not perform their verses even though they were on the tracks. sometimes they do acapellas or do verses over other beats. i have also seen people performing other people's verses, so as you can see, everything's possible.
    when i saw gza solo he did a lot of the liquid swords album, most of his verses of his clan tracks on forever and 36 chambers and some newer stuff.
    either way, there's one thing i have never seen: a wu show that sucked.
    so just burn your favorite tracks to hype you up for the concert, and enjoy your time.

Peace.

When he was in Chicago he performed his classics of course but mostly the new tracks off Grandmasters.. the show was great! U will def enjoy it.. if u see Dreddy tell him Teresa from Chicago says Peace
    JusticEquality™

He will due almost half of Liquid Swords...Like 2 to 3 Beneath the Surface tracks...He will do Jungle from Legend of the Liquid Swords...and like 3 to 5 Grandmaster tracks. And ofcourse...
    Dirty's Shimmey Shimmey Ya.

Great, Thanks for all the help everyone! When you say Dreddy do you mean Dreddy Kruger? Is he GZA's hype man as well, should be good to have a few people on stage just wondering do they bring merchandise to overseas shows because if they do ill have to put aside some extra $$ to cop sum Wu stuff!