Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rza & Ghostface (Source March 2000) Scans

Shaolin Student

Ringz, did you ever get a chance to hear Tekithas finished album? If so, do you remember any of the details (song titles, sequence, etc.)? Or was the album never finalized? That’s really the one album I always wanted to hear. I know a few tracks leaked here and there (some were in the Wuki pack).

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Yeah just what was in the WUki package really, thats it. I know she had something on Blunted Soul, but that never came out.

PRODIGAL SUN

wow thanks ta that was a perfect upload for the archives. funny how the review lists true master and 4th disciple but they arent on the album unless impossible was on their version they reviewed.

Shaolin Student

Ringz, what info do you have on Blunted Soul? I remember Rza dropping the name but never heard anything else about it.

No problem Forensikz. I have a collection of Rza interviews from the Bobby Digital era. I’d been meaning to add this to my collection it just took me a while. I think I posted links to some of the other interviews a while back. You can probably find them if you search the forum archives.

There was a tracklisting out for Blunted Soul... it was on kribs.com for a while and then some geocities sites had it.. It was around '98 when it was made and featured a lot of Blue Raspberry, Tekitha, Uncle Pete, and more... I remember a track called Remington Steele which was Beretta 9 and RZA (I stole that title later on). I remember Blue Raspberry had a track called Stormy Weather on there. And then '97 Mentality was supposed to be on there as well, that was the vibe of the record which I would've loved to hear. Seeing RZA soon, will ask him again. Another track that alluded me is The 18 Bronzemen which RZA referred to in an interview with the Source which was set to feature all the Killa Beez of that time. Not sure it was ever made.

Actually, we've discussed this before... so here's the tracklisting of that album:

Various Artists - Blunted Soul Compilation (Razor Sharp/Epic) (ft. Blue Rasberry, The RZA, Cappadonna, Poppa Wu, Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Street Life, BKNY, Born, Tekitha, Wetheads, 4Kast, & Uncle Pete)

UNCLE PETE featuring TEKITHA-Chicken Head
    4KAST-Conspiracy (Chance To Be...)
    BLUE RASPBERRY featuring THE RZA-Stormy Weather
    BLUE RASPBERRY featuring THE RZA-Gotta Go
    BLUE RASPBERRY-Hold Me
    TEKITHA-Ride This Wave
    BLUE RASPBERRY, THE WETHEADS & BKNY-Let Me Shine
    GHOST FACE KILLER/METHOD MAN/STREET LIFE-Box In Hand (original mix)
    CAPPADONNA & GHOST FACE KILLER-'97 Mentality
    POPPA WU & UNCLE PETE-Wu Revolution
    THE RZA & BORN (of KILLARMY)-Remington Steel
    TEKITHA-Look Into Your Eyes

Shaolin Student

Good looking Ringz. If possible, ask Rza what is the probability that Tekithas album will ever see the light of day. Let him know a few die hards would still love to hear that album, if at all possible.

PRODIGAL SUN

isnt remington steele daily routine? thought i read that here when we discussed blunted soul

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    isnt remington steele daily routine? thought i read that here when we discussed blunted soul
    It is.

Cilva, when you see RZA, ask him about "the cure". That's the only wu album i want now. With "impossible, sunshower, twelve jewelz, a day to god, the birth" vibe.

Shaolin Student

Don't forget to ask about the movie as then!

If I can I will... oh yeah The Cure. Don't remind me. I heard 99 Attributes To Allah... not funny knowing it might never see the light of day. RZA as Bobby Steels and RZArectah is definitely my favorite RZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    If I can I will... oh yeah The Cure. Don't remind me. I heard 99 Attributes To Allah... not funny knowing it might never see the light of day. RZA as Bobby Steels and RZArectah is definitely my favorite RZA.
    Why not tho? What’s holding him back?

Quote Originally Posted by trinking View Post
    Why not tho? What’s holding him back?

Rza i guess. Always wanted a Bobby Steels album, something much more political.. but i dont think he is capable of doing that now.. maybe in the first 5-10 years of wu.. but he's crossed markets, he wants to be universally accepted and not come like Immortal Technique or Lowkey (uk hiphop artist)

I doubt Rza could hold an entire album thats socially and politically conscious with out talking about smoking bud/drinking and fucking girls..

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Tell us more... what about the beat ? Vintage
    Rza ? Piano ?
    And when did he do this track ? The title is very dope.
    I think Rza will release the cure when he will retire from the industry. I hope he will release some old tracks from the vault for the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    Rza i guess. Always wanted a Bobby Steels album, something much more political.. but i dont think he is capable of doing that now.. maybe in the first 5-10 years of wu.. but he's crossed markets, he wants to be universally accepted and not come like Immortal Technique or Lowkey (uk hiphop artist)

I doubt Rza could hold an entire album thats socially and politically conscious with out talking about smoking bud/drinking and fucking girls..
    I absolutely agree. I guess my question would really be why hold onto tracks that are in the vault? I’m sure some need clearance, some just aren’t “up to par”, etc. But I’m sure with a little bit of effort a wu tang “from the vault album” with new material would be a nice way to follow OUATIS and saga continues...?