Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Reccomendations!!!

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

Default Need Some Reccomendations!!!

Aight ill be moving this summer at the end of June to an apartment in Toronto, and im probably gonna be w/o the internet for like a month maximum so im planning for my ps2 to be my lifesaver. I need some reccomendations from yall on some games to buy, that will last, that are cheap, and are just plain out fun as hell. These are the games i already got so dont reccomend em lol : NBA 2k6, Socom 2-3 (i play em online all the time), MGS Snake Eater, San Andreas, and some other old sports games. Im looking to buy things like the Hitman 3 or Max Payne 2, cause im a big fan of shooters but i need some reccomendations from experienced ppl on which ones to buy. Im lookin to spend like 25-30 bucks max on games (Used at EB) before i head over to Toronto. HELP ME YALL

Peace

if you want a good rpg get Grandia (the original not the second) it's about a 100hour long game, longer (like 120hrs) if you do all the side quests

i'm not a big shooter fan, but the new tom clancy game is fun.

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

A yo drew u from Omaha right. THAT'S WHERE I'M FROM!!!!!!!!

I'm finally not the only person on here from Nebraska!

anymore reccomendations???

Yeah, Killzone

Definately the best shooter on the PS2. Plus, once you get your internet back you can hop online and play it. Look me up sometime and I'll own your right quick
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Veteran Member

God of War 20 bucks now. Or if you have a cube Resident Evil 4 for 20 bucks, PS2 version is 40 bucks. ICO should be 20, or my favorite this year Shadow of the Colossus, which I think is 30 bucks now. Black is 40 bucks, and thats all I can recommend today. Black is a very good shooter.

All those game prices are for new, used should obviously be cheaper. Do the math. But the top two out of that list, not counting shadow of the colossus, is god of war and resident evil 4. I would go with resident evil 4, its a shooter/action game. Alot faster pace than RE 1-3, plus it is the best game of the year. Alot cheaper on a cube, and it plays better on the cube too, if you have one.
    Last edited by Icurus; 05-05-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Veteran Member

If you really want a shooter instead of what I personally recommended (re4 and god of war) then get black. However, a longer more fun game would be god of war or re4.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

get resident evil 4, imo the best of 05' and the best resident evil and its got alotta extras so it has replay value

still standin tall

cool, and are all these games yall are reccomending lengthy??? cause i need games that take up alotta time lol

Quote Originally Posted by B-Hop
    TRUST ME, IF U LIKE FIGHTING AND HIP HOP, DEF JAM VENDETTA FIGHT FOR NEW YORK IS DA BOMB. YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN GUY, DRESS HIM UP IN SICK GEAR FROM TATS, TO JEWELRY, TO KICKS, ETC......AND CHECK OUT THE CAST OF CHARACTERS, AND "ALL" THE ARTISTS DID THEIR OWN VOICES WHICH MAKES IT DOPE:
    Cast

Def Jam: Fight for NY logo.

^ GET THIS 4SURE MAN, ONLY LIKE $30 RIGHT NOW
    that games good and everythin, but he said he needed sumtin lengthy

i ifnished this game 2wice in 5 days

still standin tall

yeah homie i played Fight for NY and i love that shit, and its a pretty short game.... yo im looking at Shadow of Colussus and God of War, i see that theyre lengthy and have good graphics but like the last thing i want is a game where all you do is use a sword and keep pressing "x" to swing it and kill all your enemies. I hope they arent like that, if they arent then ill mos def buy em since they got amazing reviews at Gamespot. Im a huge fan of adventure. Hows Mercenaries, Medal Of Honor, Call of Duty and Black lengthwise?? Timesplitters also looks fun... also Prince of Persia. Elder Scrolls:Oblivion IV got a good rating too. All these games look nice but i hope they're lengthy, thats what i need to know.
    Last edited by WuTangWarrior; 05-07-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Do you just have a PS2 only?
    Or do you also have GC and X-Box / 360 ?

ps2 only

Veteran Member

If you have a PS2 only then the only game you can get that I myself and others have mentioned is God of War or RE4 however, since you dont want repetition, go with Resident Evil 4. God of War is very repititious.

Oblivion is only for 360, and other games you mention are only for other system. Shadow of Colossus is also repetitive, but you feel very isolated which is good. You feel like you are the only person travelling a huge world, slaying giants down.

So, RE4, God of War, and Shadow of Colossus are you're only really good options for long extended action games. Those are the top three games of the year for the PS2.