Thread: Yuri Kochiyama - by Malcom's side

Default Yuri Kochiyama - by Malcom's side

She's 84 and once in a while, she has trouble remembering a detail or two. But for Oakland resident Yuri Kochiyama, one memory remains unclouded: the day she met Malcolm X.

"...Malcolm looked up and seemed to be looking right at me. He was probably wondering, 'Who is this old lady, and Asian at that.' I stepped forward and called out, 'Can I shake your hand?' He looked at me and demanded, 'What for?' I stammered back, 'I want to congratulate you.' And he asked, 'For what?' I was trying to think of what to say and said, 'For what you're doing for your people.' 'What's that?' he queried. 'For giving them direction.' He abruptly burst forth with that fantastic Malcolm smile and extended his hand. I grabbed it."
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BGIBEG0QU1.DTL

http://proudblackbuddhist.org/Malcol...titled_10.html

I have been looking for some info about this Queen for a while but I had forgot her name...I just think it's beautiful how much of a ridah and a revolutionary she was/is.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

long time no see threads about brutha malcolm -may Allah's mercy be upon him-...it's good to see this one kinda related... & it's really amazing to see how can someone's life effect on millions
    beauriful..how it effects positively.. just cus it was pure honest...

yea..the Queen in the pic loved Malcolm, she was there when they killed him.