Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Cycling and other bike racing

Netflix has been following 8 teams this season, including some of the big ones. They are taping in the TdF too. The resulting documentary will most probably make a very accessible watch for people unfamiliar with cycling.

You can already watch 'The Least Expected Day' on Netflix, which follows the Spanish pro team Movistar for 3 seasons. Movistar is a big team but the current line up and its historic predecessors (with different sponsors but mostly the same coaches and some of the same riders) are known for poor choice in racing tactics, dating all the way back to the nineties. Their current main rider Alejandro Valverde is a great allrounder and top 5 material in the big rounds but he is old by now and he has a huge ego and has 'taken out' many competitors within his own team over the years. Netflix shows the enormous chaos in the team you can only somewhat sense during the races. The show was a huge hit with the other teams who had no idea just how bad things were within Mobistar and with cycling afficionados
    Retired.

This year's TdF is almost over. I can honestly say this is the best one I've seen in 36 years along with 1987 (Roche VS Delgado, my 2nd year of watching the Tour) and 1987 (LeMond VS Fignon).

So many great very young riders this year. For Americans the one to watch out for in the next couple of years (for stage wins only, not GC) is Quinn Simmons.

And yes, I've been watching the Tour since 1986 at age 9.
    Retired.