Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's Fishscale sellin now???

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Default How's Fishscale sellin now???

I know Fishscale did over like 100,000 its first week which is pretty damn good for a Wu solo nowadays, and last I heard it was approaching 200,000.....does anyone know where it's at now in terms of sales? It would be a shame if the album didnt atleast go Gold.....

BTW, here in New York "Back Like That" is blowin up on the radio(on Hot 97 and Power 105) and in Connecticut's Power 104 its also in the Top 5 on the playlist......

so howcome it aint sellin!?!?!? shit pisses me off.....Ghost got a nice single with one of the hottest singers out right now and it doesnt go Gold....wtf is that?!?
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

its 200k+ now. it will get there....eventually.

mobb deep's "blood money" hit 108K first week if you need it.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

^^word i was wondering how the mobb did. i hope they mark the beginning of the end for G-Unit. fuck mobb deep and "Capital P's" lazy-ass rapping.

GENERAL WISE

^lmao @ prodigy remark

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    its 200k+ now. it will get there....eventually.

mobb deep's "blood money" hit 108K first week if you need it.
    For Real Mobb Deep's "Blood Money" only did 108,000???

Wow, if thats true, that has to be a dissapointment......considering the MOBB has 50's G-Unit marketing machine behind them......plus like three videos out which got major play..."outta Control (remix)", "Have a party", and "put em in there place".....

GHostface had a really strong opening week with 110,000 units on only one single......I think it will eventually go Gold......cause it is a good album which is bound to make alot of year end best of lists.......needs to release another good single like BE EASY or THE CHAMP
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

when you compare Blood Money to Fishscale, it blows your mind that the mobb and wu ever used to collaborate...

Herbivore

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97
    I
    BTW, here in New York "Back Like That" is blowin up on the radio(on Hot 97 and Power 105) and in Connecticut's Power 104 its also in the Top 5 on the playlist......

so howcome it aint sellin!?!?!? shit pisses me off.....Ghost got a nice single with one of the hottest singers out right now and it doesnt go Gold....wtf is that?!?
    That's because a lot of other radio stations AREN'T playing it. It was never played here in Indianapolis on Hot 96.3. They played the Mobb Deep single for like a week, and the Juelz, "Oh Yes", and the Busta "Touch it" for a about a week as well. Here, even though Indy is more of a northern city than a southeren one, they play southern shit all day long. This city thinks it is located in the south or something. They shit on NY hip hop. If Ghost was getting nationwide play with that single, in good rotation, he'd be doing much better. It's the radio, man. It's not that the young crowd wouldn't like him if they were exposed to him, they like older rappers like Jay Z so that's not an issue. On a side not, the other Def Jam track out now by Rick Ross gets MAD play here.

Herbivore

And, BTW, to the peopl who keep saying Be Easy should be a single, it already WAS!! It received rotation on hot 97. Momma needs to be the next single, then he could release whatever he wanted off the album as a fourth single. He has to get the next radio friendly track out there first.

Because Ghosface killah sold out and he sux.
    The Price of my ice is sky high/Im a fly guy/
    Thats every thug's dream/I really love cream its in my bloodstream/

BIG L

Quote Originally Posted by led_mic
    Because Ghosface killah sold out and he sux.
    eat a dick u worthless fuckin nerd. go play final fantasy or somethin; u shouldn't be listening to hip hop anyway

what the fuck is final fantasy?
    the truth is nobody listens to fishscale outside of this thread thats why it hasnt even gone gold or aluminum foil.
    prove me wrong.

BIG L

what the fuck is final fantasy?
    the truth is nobody listens to fishscale outside of this thread thats why it hasnt even gone gold or aluminum foil.
    prove me wrong.
    so what?? since when do dope albums go gold or platinum anyhow??? and the funny thing is that u are dissing ghost for releasing a commercial single and tellin people here how wack that it is and then u go clown him for not being popular enough. so tell me what is it that u want?????

ghost sells better than anyone in the wu outside of mef. and he opened better than mobb deep and they are on g-unit.

Im saying ghost should have never tried to make a commercial single because his lyrics would suffer. and fishscale represents just that. it was a fuckin mistake it isnt a dope album because it was structured for commercial success. if you ever "bump" that shit on the street people will question your sanity becuase it is BAD music thats why no one listens to it. No girl will ever suck your dick listening to Fishscale.

BIG L

Im saying ghost should have never tried to make a commercial single because his lyrics would suffer. and fishscale represents just that. it was a fuckin mistake it isnt a dope album because it was structured for commercial success. if you ever "bump" that shit on the street people will question your sanity becuase it is BAD music thats why no one listens to it. No girl will ever suck your dick listening to Fishscale.
    first of all he's on def jam and was damn sure pressured into doing that single. and he's been doing commercial singles since supreme clientele. and his album have still been bangin. and how exactly was fischscale "structured for commercial sucess"??? because of one song???? hell no; the rest of the album bangs. and i don't even kno what to say to bullshit about not bumpin fishscale in your whip.

and of course a girl wouldn't suck my dick while listening to fishscale. i have r. kelly for that shit
    Last edited by Funkadelic Funkmasta; 05-10-2006 at 07:14 AM.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Funkmasta
    and he's been doing commercial singles since supreme clientele. and his album have still been bangin.
    He's been doing that since cuban linx
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon