Thread: Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Im surprised people are complaining the fight went the way it did. Anyone who knows even a little about boxing should of known how it would go down, it was a high level boxing match not a brawl.
    It's funny seeing all of the criticism that it was boring ànd didn't live up to the hype, like these people never saw Mayweather fight before??
    hah yea I was legitimately surprised when I checked social media the next day, it was a typical Floyd fight like people expected any different? Like going to a jazz concert and expecting hip hop. I actually thought he brawled a lot more than previous fights.
    been hilarious watching people be boxing fans and experts for one day out the year lol. if people thought Floyd held a lot they mustve never seen a heavyweight fight, or the klitscho fight just a week before

Manny Pacquiao was denied treatment for his injured shoulder before the Mayweather fight because of a paperwork blunder

Recommended Games

More games »

Compare Brokers

Manny Pacquiao was denied treatment for his injured shoulder before the Mayweather fight because of a paperwork blunder

By Scott Davis 1 hour ago

View gallery

(Al Bello/Getty)
    Floyd Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquiao in a unanimous decision in the biggest boxing match in decades on Saturday night.
    Afterward, Pacquiao said he fought with an injured shoulder, and later added that he thought someone leaked information about the injury to Mayweather's camp so that Mayweather could attack it during the fight.
    According to Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times, Pacquiao suffered a tear in a joint under his rotator cuff while sparring during training. Pugmire reports that Pacquiao could have received a numbing injection for it before the fight, but a paperwork snafu involving his promoter, Top Rank, the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) prevented it.
    According to Pugmire, Pacquiao received a cortisone shot to help the injury during training, and an orthopedist told his camp that the USADA would approve the treatment before the fight. However, the USADA never told the NSAC about the approved treatment, Pugmire reports, and when Pacquiao's camp requested the shot before the fight, the NSAC denied it because the injury wasn't reported to them beforehand.
    NSAC chairman Francisco Aguilar told Pugmire, "If the injury was disclosed at the weigh-in, we could've had a conversation and handled it differently. When you come at 6:30 with the fight at 8, that's a different conversation."
    According to Greg Logan of Newsday, Aguilar also said that a questionnaire given to Pacquiao and Mayweather before the fight asked about preexisting injuries, and Pacquiao said he had none:
    "On that questionnaire, one question is: 'Do you have an injury in your shoulder?' He checked 'No.' Had he checked 'Yes,' our doctors could have followed up with additional questions. He could have shared the MRI with those doctors, and we could have figured out an opportunity for him to have the medication he claimed he needs."
    Aguilar told David Mayo of the Grand Rapids Press that the injection could have been approved if Pacquiao's camp had told the NSAC about it earlier:
    "These are not prohibited substances. But why they might be, on fight night, by the commission, is you want the fighter to enter the ring in a natural state. Had we known prior to (the fight), we would have sent any (exam results) over to the doctors to review and come up with a treatment plan for Mr. Pacquiao that is acceptable to commission doctors."
    Pacquiao never tried to delay the fight in the days and weeks before because he thought he could get the injection on fight night, Pugmire reports.

Pacquaio told the LA Times about the injury:
    "It felt like a needle was being stuck into my shoulder. I backed off because of the pain. It's very important to have confidence in your right and left, and when you're hurt, you're thinking about that, too."
    When Mayweather was asked about Pacquiao's injury after the fight, he said, "I had injuries also going into this fight... Both of my arms was injured, both of my hands was injured, but like I said before, I will always find a way to win."
    The chances of a healthier rematch are slim, however. Mayweather said he only plans to fight one more time before retiring. His manager and father, Floyd Mayweather Sr., said a rematch wouldn't be necessary because the results would be the same.
    Many people feel the fight happened several years too late, with both boxers already on the decline. Pacquiao's injury now raises questions of how he would have faired in the fight had he at least been healthy.
    Retired.

IronSheik

Default PacMan Sued by Disgruntled Fans for Hiding Shoulder Injury

lmao Floyd grants him a rematch since they were both 'hurt'....its all a scam cuz everyone knows there was too much $$$$ involved for there not to be a rematch...if i hadn't gone to a place where the host paid for the fight, i could have downloaded it right after for free (it hit the torrents minutes after it ended)....maybe the compromise for those suing is to get the next fight free of charge to them...lol

A couple of boxing fans have sued Manny Pacquiao for allegedly failing to disclose a torn rotator cuff before last weekend’s “fight of the century” against Floyd Mayweather. Pacquiao’s team says he reported the injury to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, but a form he filled out prior to the fight indicates no shoulder, elbow, or hand damage.

Staphane Vanel and Kami Rahbaran filed suit on behalf of everyone who bet on the fight or purchased the $100 pay-per-view broadcast without being aware that Pac-Man was hurt, TMZ reports. They’re seeking $5 million for consumer fraud and fraudulent concealment.
    Pacquiao’s injury apparently kept his punch count much lower than normal in the Mayweather fight, which Pacquiao lost on points in a unanimous decision. It’ll take surgery and a healing time of 9 months to a year before he can fight again.
    His team says he disclosed that he was hurt to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency so he could get approval for an anti-inflammatory shot before the event, but the NSAC denied the treatment, saying the injury was never reported to them.
    Mayweather dismissed his opponent’s busted right arm as an excuse for the outcome of the fight, saying he was fighting hurt as well. He told ESPN:
    “If [Pacquiao] would have come out victorious, the only thing I could have got up here and said was, ‘I have to show respect and say he was the better man. Both my arms were injured. Both my hands were injured, but as I’ve said before, I always find a way to win.”

Mayweather now called Manny a coward and said a rematch won't happen.

Banned

^ His mind'll change when the $$$ is put in front of him....

Dude will do anything for the ca$h....him & Snoop are the 2 entertainers on this planet that will do anything for the $

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

There will probably be a rematch. Expect the same outcome again.

I personally don't think a rematch will happen especially with one fight left on his contract, I wouldn't even be interested in seeing one.
    yall see Canelo over the weekend? I randomly turned it on mid-1st around and was one of the best matches I caught in years

Fuck a rematch! Did anybody watch the Canelo fight, now that was a impressive performance.

Banned

^ word Canelo is the future

Non Ignorant Math Team

fuck both these faggots. they just look good because theyre in a weak era. theyd die in the 80s.

roman gonzalez is better than both of them at the minute.

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

wtf lol

NON-IGS

Default Mitt Romney loses to Evander Holyfield in boxing match

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

Gennady Golovkin fighting tonight