Page 10 of 213 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Roy Jones Won Today But I Did Not See The Fight I Watched Harris Win On Hbo

Quote Originally Posted by kris kasper
    yeh i hear ya, but seriously, u should have seen this fight, Prince is nothing; he was ranked 8th in the INBO rankings which means fuck all, maybe if it was ranked 4th, 2nd or even 5th it may have meant sumthin, but seriously.....this fight impressed me. Its been a while since RJJ has dominated a fight (he lost 3 straight prior to this to Glen Johnson, adn 2wice to Antonio Tarver) and even though this dude (IMO) was just a useless bum, it was good to see RJJ still has a lil bit in the tank. I'm not saying he's gonna be World Champ again, I just think he maybe is worthy to have 1 mroe championship bout to his name is all, afterall, we're talkin about a guy who only 4yrs ago was still considered the best pound for pound best boxer in the world (statistically from 98'-02')
    i feel you man, i've been a jones fan for years but i think he fell victim to his own greatness.

he was just never used to being hit nor going the distance.

because of it, when he does get pounded or go the distance, he just doenst know how to handle it.

i just got let down so much from watching how he fought against tarver. last couple rounds, he was just avoiding contact so he doesnt lose by a knock out.

a real nigga IMO should be able to knock niggas out, able to take hits and go the distance when needed.

peace.

Thanks Kris for the recap on the RJJ fight. Happy B-day too. I was suprised when I saw he won by UD last night on ESPN. I'd never expect him to win by that big of a decision. Did he say anything about his future after the fight?

Roy Jones Jr. - Who Wanna Get Knocked Out
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/zufzp0

^ Much appreciated. I'd like to see how this goes for him. I think he's going to have to fight pretty high ranked boxers. IMO he's too old to fight another person ranked in the top 10, then a championship match. Sounds like too much for his age.

Fuck Texas For Letting Him Fight I Hope He Dose Not Die In The Ring

Evander has lost his last three matches, but I'd like to see him end his career on a win. He's done alot for boxing and he's fighting a nobody, so I'm saying Holyfield by UD. I just don't want to see him get a stroke or anything.

Plus, they have been showing a special on Sugar Ray Robinson on HBO. 173-19-6 (108KOs). <----Can't fuck with that

Prince Rai

Evander fighting again? yeah ive been waiting for that to happen.
    its a paperchase for evander, he ought to win with the experinece etc, but he needs to consider that not every fighter who fights again when they are older can actually keep up with the presure of this art..

Wu Vatican

if he wins it won't be the end of his career. dumbass is hell-bent on wininng a title a 5th time.

I'd fuckin love Tito to come back to boxing, he's not even that old, after Tyson he my favorite fighter by a long way.
    -----------------------

Prince Rai

Tito? Whos Tito?
    felix trinidad

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    if he wins it won't be the end of his career. dumbass is hell-bent on wininng a title a 5th time.
    yeh, a win will make him all "i can do it too", and i say that will be his embarassing downfall. he should stay put.

Prince Rai

Ah Yeh, Trinidad........fuck, I Know He Has Concussion Problems Or Sumthin, But He Should Come Back...d00d Only Has Like 2 Losses......i Heard He Was Gonna Make A Comeback But Things Didn't Fall Through? Oh Well........
    his loss to winky was so bad that he knew he should step down before anything more embarassing can happen.

he is a good fighter and could come back, but he would need to pick fighters cleverly.

personally he should stay retired, he would only go for fights for money imo..

Lately, Golden Boy Promotions has been trying to get Antonio Margarito to fight one of their boxers because Margarito has been saying everyone is feared to fight him. They offered to pay 1.5 million for services in a fight against Winky Wright. Where Winky has said he'll come down to light middleweight if Margarito is willling to go up. Ishe Smith & Kassim Ouma are also willing to fight him.

And I believe Floyd Mayweather's spot for a November fight will prob be against Carlos Baldomir, but nothing's final yet.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by rynmur04
    Lately, Golden Boy Promotions has been trying to get Antonio Margarito to fight one of their boxers because Margarito has been saying everyone is feared to fight him. They offered to pay 1.5 million for services in a fight against Winky Wright. Where Winky has said he'll come down to light middleweight if Margarito is willling to go up. Ishe Smith & Kassim Ouma are also willing to fight him.

And I believe Floyd Mayweather's spot for a November fight will prob be against Carlos Baldomir, but nothing's final yet.
    PBF is a retard for fighting Baldomir. He needs to fight Hatton or Margarito.

Margarito v Winky would be interesting, but would it be exciting?
    Ishe Smith would lose v Margarito.. and Kassim is so/so...

IMO Winky v. Margarito, would be a bad decision for Antonio. Even with Winky coming down in weight. But according to this morning's paper, Margarito will be fighting Cotto in early December, under a Showtime card in Atlantic City.

Kassim Ouma won last night. Throwing over 1,000 punches in 10 rounds. Vernon Forrest fought Ike Quartey and Forrest won a controversial UD. Some controversial fights I can see going both ways, but last night Quartey got robbed. It's bullshit when a fighter puts out his heart and doesn't get the decision b/c of terrible judges.