Thread: Boxing

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

feel sorry for Hopkins? why? he just won.

and how the fuck is hopkins gonna fight Haye LOL? Hayes a heavyweiht now

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post

He's planning a move to heavyweight just like Jones did back in the day. He was a long-time middleweight and moved up to light-heavy to wax Tarver so it's not that hard to imagine.

The whole Pac thing with moving up to 154 is old news now. The only thing holding up the fight SUPPOSEDLY is Manny's congressional run.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone
    He wants Pac to have the record for most titles won in weight divisions first.
    if you ask me, roach just wants more time to develop a strategy against mayweather ... roach knows he ain't got shit to go against pbf, so he has to stall as much as possible to get manny in top condition

The ABBOTT

i hate to say it cuz jones is a legend

but he got a glass jaw

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Nard can reach at least 190 pounds to fight Haye, B-hop wants big things before he retires.
    And i feel sorry for him he lost MILLIONS because roy lost

yeah I really wanted to see B-hop beat roy's ass

i dont know of any fight right now for him

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    yeah I really wanted to see B-hop beat roy's ass

i dont know of any fight right now for him
    there is Bute, but im not sure how he will boost hopkins legacy.
    the only super fight i can think now for hopkins is Haye, but he wont be able to fight him until Haye fights his mandatory challenger, and we all know how long it takes for Haye to get back into a ring. Plus Hopkins needs a fight inbetween before he fights Haye, and to have 2 warm up matches is stupid, so im thinking he will either fight greene or roy, then fight Haye

tbh, i really dont give a fuck about RJJ. Why are people still talking about that clown?

I feel for Hopkins because I felt he was robbed against Calzaghe. I feel he was much better than Calzaghe and really made Calzaghe look like a fucking amateur. It was terrible judging for that fight. They gave Calzaghe the win purely because he started fighting like a idiot. Hopkins was by far the superior boxer.

Hopkins is old now though . Him and Holyfield are still great fighters and are using their experiance intelligence so well in fights, but they both need to quit. You cant be taking that much head punishment for that long.

the difference between B-hop, and Holyfield is while when holy fights I dont give him much of a chance, I will never count B-Hop out

tbh, i really dont give a fuck about RJJ. Why are people still talking about that clown?

I feel for Hopkins because I felt he was robbed against Calzaghe. I feel he was much better than Calzaghe and really made Calzaghe look like a fucking amateur. It was terrible judging for that fight. They gave Calzaghe the win purely because he started fighting like a idiot. Hopkins was by far the superior boxer.

Hopkins is old now though . Him and Holyfield are still great fighters and are using their experiance intelligence so well in fights, but they both need to quit. You cant be taking that much head punishment for that long.
    i agree with you about the calzaghe fight, i feel that the judges respected aggresion more than the sweet science itself.
    but Hopkins is not a Holyfield, dont get me wrong i think Evander was a great athlete and champion but bernard is something special, just watch the kelly pavlik,wright and tarver fight, those are three SOLID recent performances against top p4p opposition and b-hop was over 40. His defence now is pretty much one of the best in boxing right now, his style fits his age and it has been almost 15 years since he has been knocked down against mercado, and nard hardly ever shows signs of bruising or cuts or ANY kind of damage after fights. I think he can go on for another 2 fights

as far as RJJ goes I think he made a career out of beating no bodies yes he beat B-hop, and Lights out, but I think he never gave B-hop the rematch out of fear, and once tarver touched him, the fear people had of RJJ went away, and he got exposed to what he really was an ok boxer, but an over rated one

thats true but then again he cleaned out everyone from 170-175
    it musta been hard for roy to find big fights, then he fights ruiz, destroys his ass
    moves down weight divisions and thats where everything fucked up for roy, its hard to lose over 40 pounds and still be at the top of your game.

but i HATE how roy still fights the same way that got him KTFO. He doesnt adapt, he shudda retired after the ruiz fight, or he shudda stayed at HW and at least keep some dignity rather getting beat by tarver and johnson. Two fighters that got DOMINATED by bernard

I wanted him to retire after the first tarver fight, because even though I think he is over rated he is still on of my favorites, and I hate seeing people I grew up watching lose like this, that is why I wish B-hop would hang up the gloves in the way, because I dont want him to be like holyfield, or Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
    i agree with you about the calzaghe fight, i feel that the judges respected aggresion more than the sweet science itself.
    but Hopkins is not a Holyfield, dont get me wrong i think Evander was a great athlete and champion but bernard is something special, just watch the kelly pavlik,wright and tarver fight, those are three SOLID recent performances against top p4p opposition and b-hop was over 40. His defence now is pretty much one of the best in boxing right now, his style fits his age and it has been almost 15 years since he has been knocked down against mercado, and nard hardly ever shows signs of bruising or cuts or ANY kind of damage after fights. I think he can go on for another 2 fights
    Key word being ONE of.

No one has the defence of Mayweather, hes on a whole nother plane of thought in that respect.

EPIC SHOULDER ROLLS FTW

I hear winky wright is making a come back

why I dont know