Thread: Boxing

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

so anyone was watching the Khan - Salita fight last night

73 seconds. waste of $15. idk how the fuck that Salita dude was no1 contender, he was a fucking mess. he looked like he didnt know what he was supposed to be doing.

theyre talking about Juan Marquez for Kahn next.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post
    so anyone was watching the Khan - Salita fight last night

73 seconds. waste of $15. idk how the fuck that Salita dude was no1 contender, he was a fucking mess. he looked like he didnt know what he was supposed to be doing.

theyre talking about Juan Marquez for Kahn next.
    Yeah, I saw it. I wouldn't say it was a waste of £15 because I was interested in the other fights as well.

Salita was very disappointing. all that talk and build up beforehand and he puts on a pathetically bad display; khan should look at fighting Mitchell next though.

i knew khan was going to spark salita, always evaluate both boxers before buying a PPV.

kevin mitchell is the one, he SCHOOLED prescott, its dissapointing to see how little media attention he receives, hes one of those old school fighters that go through hell before they land a title shot

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

i dont buy that about mitchell at all. he wasnt sonning dude las much as they were saying he was. Presscott looked dangerous the whole fight - he just has poor accuracy. I dont think he was missing because Mitchell was making him miss.

I like Presscot, at least he took the fight to him. I dont know what power Mitchell has.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post
    i dont buy that about mitchell at all. he wasnt sonning dude las much as they were saying he was. Presscott looked dangerous the whole fight - he just has poor accuracy. I dont think he was missing because Mitchell was making him miss.

I like Presscot, at least he took the fight to him. I dont know what power Mitchell has.
    Mitchell did school Prescott. He made him miss and then alas made him pay, granted he never really shook Prescott or hurt him majorly, but Mitchell did hit him with a lot more than what he hit him with.

For the record, Mitchell has very good power and his defence has improved majorly since his last few fights in which his only defence was his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
    only klitsckos and Haye carry titles right now

oh for real. i thought there was a 8 foot dude with a belt. if thats the case, i doubt hopkins will fight for a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    oh for real. i thought there was a 8 foot dude with a belt. if thats the case, i doubt hopkins will fight for a belt.
    yeah man haye beat that 8 ft dude guy (valuev)
    but as i stated before, B-hop can easily make 195 pounds (around the same weight roy was when he fought ruiz) and i think he can mount a challenge, but david hayes power will stop bernard in his tracks. It wont be a KO but a split BORING decision fight

How about David Haye vs. Chris Arreola. Should be a good fight, if Haye can take a good shot from Arreola then he can get a taste of what he's in for if he ever fights one of the Klitchko bros.

Quote Originally Posted by p-rok73 View Post
    How about David Haye vs. Chris Arreola. Should be a good fight, if Haye can take a good shot from Arreola then he can get a taste of what he's in for if he ever fights one of the Klitchko bros.
    LOL nah man, that would be a one sided KO win for Haye, Arreola wont even be able to touch David.
    Having said that i think TUA VS ARREOLA would be amazing, both are power punchers and history tells us that these kind of fights are never boring, still i pick Tua by career ending left hook KO over Arreola.
    OR James Toney vs Arreola, this is the kind of fight both fighters need. A win for Arreola would mean alot to Chris and shake up the HW division, a win for James could lead to a Haye bout.

somebody saw the bradley vs peterson fight? bradley's gettin better and better. peterson fought the whole fight but bradley made him look out of his league

i didnt see it but i heard that bradley fought a great fight.
    i hope boxing will see a bradley vs khan unification bout in the next 2 years

wtf I'm the first one to post this??
    The fight is earmarked for March 13, 2010, and Mayweather tentatively has agreed to terms but not formally signed a contract
    looks like the Maywheather/ Pacquiao fight is finally a go!

I'm guessing when they officially announce the fight then you'll see the debate heat up more with Pac & Mayweather. They're probably still haggling over issues like the ring size, the venue (Dallas is out according to Bob Arum). But we'll see, with all the ego's involved anything can happen until it officially is announced.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by p-rok73
    Dallas is out according to Bob Arum
    i never thought dallas would be an option, you can't even bet money on the match if it was in dallas ... it'll be in vegas 4sho

I'm getting tickets to this if its in Vegas.