Thread: Boxing

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Floyd is not at that point. He has a good trilogy with Manny in him.

Its not like he has ever even been in a war with another boxer.

He can retire but he will always have this over him
    Yeah, but just one fight can be enough to ruin someone's career. There's plenty of boxers it's happened to, Meldrick Taylor for example, that's why i'm glad Floyd never fought Margarito or Williams because I'm pretty sure he would've lost, especially with Margarito wearing those rocks.

Yeah, RA the Rugged man spoke a lot of sense in that interview and you can tell he knows his boxing. People need to understand that boxing is as much a business as it is a sport, if you can get either $1 million fighting the best guy, or $2 million fighting a worse guy, you're gonna take the latter. Floyd didn't need to fight Williams and he didn't need to fight Margarito.

How people can say Floyd isn't an all time great though I'll never know, anyone who achieves the P4P greatest status is always going to go down in history as one of the best.

Who've y'all got on Berto-Mosley? Personally, I think Berto is gonna take another points victory in the style he did Forbes and Collazo. Granted, Mosley looked fucking awesome against Margarito but Margarito was a) shocked when his main plan of cheating was foiled pre-fight and b) was overrated anyway, people need to remember how badly Mosley looked against Mayorga coupled with the fact that he won't have fought in over a year leads me to believe Berto will be too young and too quick for him.

Wu Vatican

^^cosign but still gotta go with Mosley by KO. Berto's been rocked before and Mosley's combinations are possibly still the best in the game. Mosley's chin-tested already. Berto....not so much.

Don't get me wrong, it's gonna be a very interesting fight. But, sadly, Berto is on the way up and Mosley ain't in his peak no more. I can't see it happening anyway, but I definitley don't wanna see Mosley get knocked out.

I'm going with Mosley, based on his corner (I think the trainer's last name is Richardson, not sure), but the trainer also trains Hopkins. He had a good fight plan vs. Margarito & also was the one who caught Margarito with the plaster-like substance. I agree that age is a factor but Berto isn't hard to hit. I think this fight has the potential to be better than Pacman-Mayweather (which I think is going to be like Trinidad & De La Hoya) in terms of action. I think Berto & Mosley are going to hit each other hard all fight, where as Pacman & Mayweather it's going to be one doing the chasing & the other fighting a very defensive fight, just like Tito vs. Golden Boy was. I hope I'm wrong .

You make a good point with the trainer thing (it's Nazim Richardson btw, who's one of the best in the game atm) but I don't think that's going to be enough to defeat Berto, who contrary to belief, is a very smart fighter. His defence may not be the best and Molsey's may even be slightly better, I can just see him winning on work rate alone.

You know what Mosley gets like in the later rounds though, he gets this unbelievable source of energy out of nowhere and comes on hard which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

RA the Rugged Man is a joke, he didn't own no Floyd Mayweather.

He lost all credibility when he said how he knows the history of boxing better than Floyd then tryna say he called Sugar Shane out in '99 when he was on the back of 2 losses to Vernon Forrest. Yeah, nice one RA, newsflash though, Sugar Shane was still undefeated in '99. The two L's to Forrest came in '02.

Then we got him acting like Floyd's win over Oscar De La Hoya don't mean nothing. Oscar was built up to be the guy to take Floyd's 0. He had supposedly rejuvenated his career after beating Mayorga, and everyone was saying he was the best fighter, the hardest hitter, and the biggest (in weight) opponent Floyd had ever fought, but when he taps that ass he's washed up again. Go figure.

The way Pacquiao beat Hatton and De La Hoya don't mean anything either. Styles make fights. Not to mention Hatton had basically finished Hatton after taking his 0, and don't try and tell me that 0 doesn't mean anything. Go ask Meldrick Taylor and Jermain Taylor about that. And De La Hoya was weight drained to hell, he never had a chance against Pac man.

Floyd's always fought the best, he ain't ducking and diving no one and that video is bullsh*t.

Banned

I dont see how people can consider ANY boxer a great when they don't fight the greatest fighters of their generation.

If your ducking guys, your not a great fighter.

Ali and Frazier are not as great without one another.

If Foreman ducks Ali, it ruins his career even tho he doesnt lose....because no fighter wants to be the one who is afriad.

But times have changed and this Mayweather mentality is ok for some reason today. Part of the reason why boxing has fallen off and MMA is overtaking them.

Mayweather without this fight will be mention up near the top but he will never be touted as the greatest ever.
    Maybe he is ok with that, and thats fine.....but he cant go around calling himself the GREATEST and the fans will never give him that either.

If they don't fight....it benefits Manny.

Neither Floyd or Manny are ATG's at this current time imo. Manny hasn't really done anything impressive, and Floyd still has a short way to go.

I think if Floyd fights and beats Manny, then goes on to beat Sugar Shane and maybe even Margacheato/Miguel Cotto (who btw should take a year off and come back in 2011) he'll solidify his place as an ATG.

It's a joke that Manny is being put on a pedestal and mentioned with greats like Muhammad Ali. Recipe for success: be Filipino + fight washed up legends = the GREATEST BOXER THAT EVER LIVED.

I think this is a bad fight for Berto and a good fight for Mosley.

Berto needed a few more tough tests before stepping up to Mosley. Sugar Shane is hungry atm. He's got that mad fire in his belly. He wants the best fights with the best fighters, and he ain't gonna let Andre Berto destroy that.

Sugar Shane in the 9th.

Banned

Fucking Mayweather is such a faggot.

This is all his doing.

He is gonna wind up like Roy Jones.

He will continuallly hear about how he never really fought anyone, then he is going to come back over the hill, try to prove himself and get his ass whooped and ruin his legacy.

If Mayweather didnt retire like a dick and would fight manny than all you floyd dickriders could have your way.

But in the end, Floyd just wants to putz around and talk and talk and talk

Quote Originally Posted by oneunited View Post
    RA the Rugged Man is a joke, he didn't own no Floyd Mayweather.

He lost all credibility when he said how he knows the history of boxing better than Floyd then tryna say he called Sugar Shane out in '99 when he was on the back of 2 losses to Vernon Forrest. Yeah, nice one RA, newsflash though, Sugar Shane was still undefeated in '99. The two L's to Forrest came in '02.

Then we got him acting like Floyd's win over Oscar De La Hoya don't mean nothing. Oscar was built up to be the guy to take Floyd's 0. He had supposedly rejuvenated his career after beating Mayorga, and everyone was saying he was the best fighter, the hardest hitter, and the biggest (in weight) opponent Floyd had ever fought, but when he taps that ass he's washed up again. Go figure.

The way Pacquiao beat Hatton and De La Hoya don't mean anything either. Styles make fights. Not to mention Hatton had basically finished Hatton after taking his 0, and don't try and tell me that 0 doesn't mean anything. Go ask Meldrick Taylor and Jermain Taylor about that. And De La Hoya was weight drained to hell, he never had a chance against Pac man.

Floyd's always fought the best, he ain't ducking and diving no one and that video is bullsh*t.
    join the rest of the angry bunch