Thread: Boxing

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

This is the last thing boxing needs right now. Its a real bad look for the sport when they cant even put on this fight, the biggest fight of the last 15 years. It should be a no brainer.

The problem is theres people running the sport without the sport at heart, its got to breaking point now.

Added to that and all the bad blood between the camps, people like Freddie Roach never wanted this fight now anyway, he always wanted Manny to fight someone else next.

Which is bullshit IMO, theyre not both spring chickens, they dont need anymore potentially draining fights at their ages, each extra fight now will take something out of them.

They should both fight now, at their peaks, not fucking around with more fights. This is the most obvious fight in decades and they cant even get it on. Fucking JOKE.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    freddy roach and flloyd mayweather sr have a long feud history. I think a bog factor is freddy roach refuses to take orders from the mayweather camp. even so, manny tried to meet him halfway. its not floyds place to demand this.

so it seems its an excuse for him.

its no secret boxing is rigged. the judah fight is an example. the sport has alot invested with fighters like floyd having undefeated records for years. Im wondering if pacquiao is stealing that from floyd and now theyre investing in manny and thats why floyd has doubts or something similar.
    how so? he got his ass handed to him after the first 5-6 rounds like he always does... when did he get screwed???

Wu Vatican

^shut the fuck up if you ain't talking boxing

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    thanks..

the other day the kids said boxers would get beat up if they stepped inside the 'cage'...he does that UFC shit, so he is obviously bias....

but i disagree.

I thinka great boxer could more than hold their own. Look at Lidell and Rampage. You can be very successful just being a puncher with limited ground skills.

On the flip side, any UFC fighter who stepped into the ring with a pro boxer would get taken apart quickly.
    you have to have atleast 2 sold background to be competitive in mma as in striking + wrestling

a decent wrestler would take a boxer down at will - chuck and rampage both have good wrestling (its very hard to take chuck down and keep him down) if you have no wrestling it would turn out very badly

but in a pure boxing fight 99% of the ufc would get pwned by the better hands of a world class boxer

they are 2 different sports - good boxing works well in mma but its completely different because they are always thinking about the take down - leg kicks or w/e

an mma fighter is a jack of all trades while a bower is a master of one
    Last edited by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT; 01-08-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    What's the big deal with taking a test? If he has nothing to hide this should be no problem. We could've been had this fight set in stone.
    Mayweather doesn't have the right to be making demands like that. He's never demanded this type of drug testing before for any of his previous fights, why is he doing it now?

Manny has never failed a drug test. He has no apparent ties to steroids. What's wrong with the standard testing? Why does Floyd want all these special rules? He looks like a scared bitch right now.

Banned

Thats what im saying and have been saying.

WHO THE FUCK IS MAYWEATHER TO TELL PACQUIAO he needs to take a drug test???

Manny is as much a draw as Mayweather, this fight is only this huge because it includes BOTH of them.

NO WAY if im Manny am i getting on my knees and adhering to this ridiculous request.

Manny did the right thing in my opinion.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Tron 1
    Zab Judah should have beat Mayweather in that fight. Boxing has dissapointed me ever since that happened.
    you can't be serious

you just can't

this is a big fight, the biggest fight of our lives ... and all mayweather asked for was scrutinized testing ... if manny would've asked for that and mayweather refused i don't even need 2 say how you dorks would be actin right now ...

the FACT of the matter is, mayweather is willing to take random blood tests and pacquiao isn't

they do the same testing in boxing during the olympics, it shouldn't be that big of a deal

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Tron 1 View Post
    Zab Judah should have beat Mayweather in that fight. Boxing has dissapointed me ever since that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post

its no secret boxing is rigged. the judah fight is an example.
    Huh?

Anyone who knows boxing knows Judah lost that fight. I love Zab, but no way did he deserve to win that one; fair enough he did knock Floyd down which wasn't scored, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    this is a big fight, the biggest fight of our lives ... and all mayweather asked for was scrutinized testing ... if manny would've asked for that and mayweather refused i don't even need 2 say how you dorks would be actin right now ...

the FACT of the matter is, mayweather is willing to take random blood tests and pacquiao isn't

they do the same testing in boxing during the olympics, it shouldn't be that big of a deal
    u being a rebel, you should understand that nobody is going to take orders from someone who is your superior, let alone your equal.

If Manny was making this stipulation of Mayweather I'd be shitting on Manny.

Its stupid, its not needed, no boxer has ever put this kinda bullshit on another fighter.

Its ALL on Mayweather as far as I'm concerned.

If he wanted to fight Manny, he would have.

It looks like he doesnt want to.

all that manny has to do to fight floyd is agree to random testing

that's it

and floyd has a really good reason ... what other boxer do you know that came from fuckin 33 pounds rose up the ranks and knocked out opponents bigger than him with ease? who the FUCK does that? i'm not claiming manny is juiced up but it's a pretty good reason to look into it ... it seems like he is stronger than bigger opponents which is weird to me ... mayweathers seem to think similar things ... why won't he just take it ... so much money and all MANNY has to do is agree to random testing ... it don't make him a sucker

Banned

all floyd has to do is not demand a ridiculous request and fight him.

what mayweather doing is out of the ordinary...not Manny

i agree that it's an out of the ordinary request but would u agree that this is not your ordinary fight?

and if the request was that ridiculous, why is that the standard testing in the olympics? floyd isn't trying to commission some obscure no name testing group, this is the group that tests everyone who participates in the olympics, so why is it "ridiculous" ...

i think mayweather is putting safety first by making this request ... at the end of the day, pride is getting in the way of manny signing the contract ... it's all pride on HIS part

Quote Originally Posted by PeterToictDakagick View Post
    That rod is going to have the best season ever One suggestion. Does Wart have something special set for his time or should we avoid shipping back and forth from CO and FLI assume thats where he is? I could pick up from burrr and ship to FL after some use?
    Here is a sample of a website I developed for cash loan
    Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    ^shut the fuck up if you ain't talking boxing

for real why is this wanker not banned yet?

The ABBOTT

The following is an official statement directly from Manny Pacquiao himself, issued Sunday Dec. 27, 2009 through his official website MPBoxing.com. Despite Bob Arums statements to the contrary Saturday night, Pacquiao states he is willing to take 3 blood tests beyond what is required in a normal fight.

Manny Pacquiao: I am still willing to Fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. I never said the fight was off or I do not want to fight him. I will fight anyone at anytime and my record and past fights prove that. I have never and will never dodge anyone.

These are my specifications for this fight regarding blood testing. I have offered to give a blood sample the day of the Announcement of the fight at the Press Release. I have Offered to give a blood sample 30 days before the fight. I am willing to give blood immediately after the fight is over inside my dressing room . I am also willing to give urine tests at anytime any where everyday leading up to the fight.

If Floyd Mayweather Jr. does not accept these terms than my promoter will find me another fight for March the 13th. Again I will fight anyone at anytime.

The truth is taking blood out of my body does not seem natural to me and mentally I feel it will weaken me if blood is taken from me just days before the fight. That does not make sense to me why anyone would do that.

These accusations of me using any performance enhancing supplements are totally unwarranted and unjustified. To all of my fans I want to say thank you very much for all your support and understanding. I always give honor to God first and I would never cheat. I would never Cheat God, I would never cheat myself, and I would never cheat my country and my fans.

I would always like to be known for my honor and my integrity. I will always be known for my courage and my willingness to face any man at anytime in my career. If Floyd Mayweather Jr. truly ever wanted to fight me and he is not really scared he would accept these terms I am willing to give him as they are above and beyond what the commission demands.

I should not have to prove myself as I have always done what the commission has asked me to do and I have never ever swayed from that. Never has there been a time where anything I have ever done has been in question. I stand behind my honor and my integrity. I stand below God and my Country. I stand with my fans and I hope Floyd is not really really a coward and will fight me and give the fans what they want to see. I am not afraid to fight Floyd anywhere anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.