Page 16 of 213 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Princerai View Post
    yeah, as i said, hes very big and thats why he wins fights. And there are a lack of fighters in the division who have the right attitude right now.

I dont specifically follow valuev, but at the end of the day hes winning fights and is attracting various fighters to the table.

heavyweights arent my fav arena right now..
    yeh the division is in shambles... and it's getting worse before it's getting better... i guess you're right about valuev though... as long as he's the champ, they can just market the fight as david vs goliath...

the best boxing takes place at 160 to 112........

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

i think boxing needs to eliminate some weight classes... that way, guys can't move divisions so easily... not enough big names fight each other anymore...

I've been gone for a min, whats up everyone? ^^^ I agree with you that there is too many weight classes, but if they would to take some out, i'd say at the most three. I think the one thing they need to fix is the championship belts. One main champion belt for each class, not like 10, then boxing would be generalized better.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by the insignificant View Post
    i think boxing needs to eliminate some weight classes... that way, guys can't move divisions so easily... not enough big names fight each other anymore...
    you raised a good point. The Ring had an issue out trying to suggest what things could change in boxing in order to make boxing better.
    Weight-eliminations was one of them.

personally the governing bodies should unite welter and lightwelter. Perhaps that could slow down runners..

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by rynmur04 View Post
    I've been gone for a min, whats up everyone? ^^^ I agree with you that there is too many weight classes, but if they would to take some out, i'd say at the most three. I think the one thing they need to fix is the championship belts. One main champion belt for each class, not like 10, then boxing would be generalized better.
    sup rynmur? i also agree with the belts, there are too many "world champions" in each category. It diminishes the value of having a belt in the first place.

If there is one belt for each group, there will be more competition and less running away from fighters, cos' i suppose with just one belt, you need to truly prove yourself over the others for a title shot.a

Right now, Ive seen some random fighters holding belts, who walk around big for no reason.

peacee

Wu Vatican

add in the fact that Golden Boy and Top Rank are less than willing to work with each other and we have a sad situation with boxing right now.

What's good prince? Yea, it's funny when boxers walk around with a NABO belt and think they can't be fucked with. I'm still waiting for November: Baldomir v. Mayweather, then Klitschko v. Brock & Morales v. Pacquiao. There is going to be some great boxing in the next two months. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by rynmur04 View Post
    What's good prince? Yea, it's funny when boxers walk around with a NABO belt and think they can't be fucked with. I'm still waiting for November: Baldomir v. Mayweather, then Klitschko v. Brock & Morales v. Pacquiao. There is going to be some great boxing in the next two months. Peace.

its funny how there is all these belts i think i have one

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

R.I.P. Trevor Berbick

Who does everyone have for this night's fight?

I say Floyd Mayweather by...UD.

Prince Rai

ive been waiting so long for this one!
    mayweather himself said that he has respect for
    baldomir, and that he'll be tough.

now thats true, hes a strong argentinian. however, floyd still is for me a better fighter.
    yes, PBF may have dodged some big names, but baldomir proves he has credibility. Mayweather trains hard, and he wont disappoint.

No KO tonight, I think PBF is careful enough and Baldo strong enough to avoid a KO.
    I also say UD for PBF like rynmur04!

peace guys

Prince Rai

wheresss benzooooo??????? :P haha

well yeah, i suppose mayweather can't always produce a classic, but he apparently showed class to beat Baldomir by U.D., as correctly predicted by rynmur04!

im still waiting to watch the fight, def want to see Mayweather fight what he claims to be his second last fight.
    He wants Oscar to organise something to end PBF's career, on a high of course.

I believe PBF would win against Oscar, but whatever happens, PBF was by far a great boxer.
    Yes, Benzo's argument that PBF didn't always fight the right fighter at all times still maintains a stone in PBF's name, but then again,
    PBF did try and beat big names.

Prince Rai

Legend!