Page 6 of 213 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

The fight was really good until the 12th round were BOTH of them didn't fight. I had the match 115-114 for Taylor (12th Round 10-10, neither of them proved to win that round). Winky though doesn't want a rematch...I can't see why. It wasn't like he dominated the fight and their next fight could've been at a neutral site (Vegas, Atlantic City) rather than Memphis which didn't even sell out.

Hell Of A Fight It Could Have Gone Either Way It Sucks Cuz Now If There Is A Rematch It Will Be On Ppv For Like $100 And I Bet It Won't Be As Good As The First

Prince Rai

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5087084.stm

ah man, this is not what was needed.

we needed a winner, a rematch has to be done, we need a "real" undisputed middleweight champ.

heard winky was really upset with the decison? (not that im surprised but..)

Quote Originally Posted by Princerai

we needed a winner, a rematch has to be done, we need a "real" undisputed middleweight champ.

I DON'T KNOW WHY HE WUZ SO MAD FOR IT WUZ NOT LIKE YOU CAN SAY THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CLEAR CUT WINNER I MYSELF HAD IT A DRAW AND YO WINKY MAYBE IF U DID NOT TAKE THE 12TH ROUND OFF U WOULD HAVE WON

Wu Vatican

It's like he'd never seen DLH vs. Trinidad!!! Winky gave away what I thought was a close decision victory for him. It was a pretty decent fight overall but NOTHING has changed. Winky is a difficult, defensive fighter for anyone to face who picks his punches and doesn't throw much. Taylor has still proved jackshit because as far as I'm concerned, he's coming off 3 STRAIGHT CONTROVERSIAL decisions with not one dominate performance yet. Fuck a rematch....these dude's styles will make for the same shit every time. Peace-

Dr.GrEeEnThUmB Da Problem Child's Avatar

If Winky and Taylor have a rematch it prolly won't be as good as the last fight.I don't know what the fuck Winky was doing the last round.Winky was winning why didn't he attack Taylor the 12th round

Quote Originally Posted by Da Problem Child
    If Winky and Taylor have a rematch it prolly won't be as good as the last fight.I don't know what the fuck Winky was doing the last round.Winky was winning why didn't he attack Taylor the 12th round
    MAYBE HE THOUGHT HE HAD THE FIGHT IN HAND BUT IN A FIGHT THAT CLOSE U CAN'T TAKE THAT CHANCE

Prince Rai

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5104356.stm

delahoya saying hed only retire after fighting pretty boy..
    of course he would.. hmm

apparently the fight would generate him $40mill???

Prince Rai

And de la Hoya admitted: "I realise Mayweather can beat me, but I still feel this body has some gas left in it."

lol, he knows hed get whupped, but for 40million? sure

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Masta-Mind
    Salaam bruv. thanks 4 telling me abt this thread. I made the same thread wid da same name a while bak b4 WTC got shut down believe it or not. it wasnt made into a sticky tho. this should clean things up nicely.

After the Tarver/Bhop fight theres only one on my mind right now.

Danny williams v Matt skelton rematch

I agree da first fight was close and i can understand y it was a split decision but ppl were saying da skelton should have got it. I recon that they just just die hard skelton fans who r clearly bias. I mean, i knw skelton was bringin the head all the way through and fighting like it was a street fight. but, anyway who knows anything about williams knows that he has rounds where he does practicly nothing and just searches for 1 sick power shot, its very risky but thats his tactic so it aint like skelton put him in a possission where he couldnt fight back much. In the 12th round williams had a little flury going where he caught matt wid mad shots and then he slipped, I dnt knw if any1 saw this but matts legs were like spagheti, its a staight fact that matt woulda got his ass KO'd.

And now that he has expirienced how skelton fights he's more prepared 4 the take down.

Who do u think will take it? and is the british heavyweight title up 4 grabs or is it just danny's commonwealth belt?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5105892.stm

i doubt its for domestic titles bro, this is the eliminator, for the world title.

peace

And de la Hoya admitted: "I realise Mayweather can beat me, but I still feel this body has some gas left in it."

lol, he knows hed get whupped, but for 40million? sure

MAYWEATHER WOULD KILL DE LA HOYA

Wu Vatican

I can't believe I'm saying this as a long time DLH hater but... DLH has more experience, more pride, more balls, and most importantly- a much better chin. I would love to see how PBF would stand up to the shots that Oscar's eaten from Tito and Vargas. There's a damn good reason why Floyd is SCARED TO DEATH to fight Margarito- dude's got a suspect chin. If Oscar lands his hook clean, Mayweather's night could get fucked up real quick. PBF would most likely school him but I think DLH would survive and wouldn't get punked out. Remember, DLH has a will like Arturo Gatti but with tons of skills to go with it. Damn, am I a DLH hater? hahaha

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    I can't believe I'm saying this as a long time DLH hater but... DLH has more experience, more pride, more balls, and most importantly- a much better chin. I would love to see how PBF would stand up to the shots that Oscar's eaten from Tito and Vargas. There's a damn good reason why Floyd is SCARED TO DEATH to fight Margarito- dude's got a suspect chin. If Oscar lands his hook clean, Mayweather's night could get fucked up real quick. PBF would most likely school him but I think DLH would survive and wouldn't get punked out. Remember, DLH has a will like Arturo Gatti but with tons of skills to go with it. Damn, am I a DLH hater? hahaha
    well considering you have defended PBF on many occasions i dont know where the defensive stance for dlh came from:P

hmm, not to discredit DLH, he has skill and much experience. he has fought many good boxers.
    and with a heart like gatti, those attributes would help him against a skilled warrior like mayweather.

i still have my bet on PBF, but i would agree that mayybe just maybee DLH could trouble PBF like Castillo

A Muslim

Your damm right that wasnt needed
    ALLAHU AKBAR

Yo Wuz There Boxing On Last Sat On Hbo And If There Wuz Who Wuz It And Who Won And Wuz It A Good Fight?