Page 8 of 213 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

VernakuLa

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88
    did i miss something, holyfield making a comeback??? why, the guy watches rocky films too much. i know the heavyweight division at the moment is a bit down but holyfield doesnt stand a chance. who's he gonna fight??
    he prolly gonna be fightin a no name heavy weight, and get beaten down

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO CHRIS BYRD??!?!?!?!

the heavyweight division is lost, going no were its now full of very big fighters from the former soviet countries. chris byrd i think he lost his ibf title and slipped down the rankings, im not sure as not much goes on in the heavyweight division so its all quiet reason why we dont know anything. the dissapointing thing is that there seems to be no new talent appearing, what happened to the guy who knocked out tyson last time, the guy dissapeared. audley harrison turned out to be a faggot.

A Muslim

^^
    Whats going on cuz, i see ur from norf 2. where abouts?

Anyway ''the guy who knocked out tyson'' didnt dissapear. His name is Danny williams, after the ko defeat of tyson in 2004 he had like 6 fights i think. anyway the biggest of them was his defeat to vitali K a few months later. then bak in feb he fought matt skelton the british champ and won by a margin on points, 2 fights b4 dat he also beat audly harrison in a split decision and despite danny being my fav boxer it was a shit fight.

Sadly my boy lost to skelton in their rematch last saturday.
    ALLAHU AKBAR

A Muslim

WHAT ON EARTH was Danny williams thinking? Even i could have told him of the tactics skelton was goin to employ in their rematch. Every1 knows williams can knock skelton out so therefore why would skelton give him the chance to by fighting close range.

I cant believe he didnt pick up on that and loose weight so as 2 be able to chase him down and knock him down. instead the man put on weight and fought at his heavyst yet while skelton lost weight and came in wid made fitness and stamina. It was awful. danny did not look good. I felt like and still feel like catching the 63 bus and going to pay him a lil visit to see wat planet he was on when he was training
    ALLAHU AKBAR

I Think Mosley Will Win Again Maybe A 10th Round Tko And I Don't Want To See Roy Jones Jr Lose Too He Wuz And Still Is One Of My Favorite Boxers

Antonio Tarver is gonna play the guy Rocky Balboa is fighting in the new Rocky movie. I bet he'll get beat (again)

WHAT'S GOING ON?

A Muslim

Apartly danny williams put more weight on becuase of a new supplament he was taking during training. he foud his weight gaining and when u tried to loose some he felt weak and so had 2 keep the weight.
    Its lil shit like this that hold him back.
    ALLAHU AKBAR

Been gone for a min, but did Vargas have to eat up his words or what. I was suprised that he wasn't making up excuses like he normally does. Shane threw a perfect left hook that floored Vargas. I was laughing at Shane cuz he said he was feeling like Oscar.

Anyone watching the new series of Contender? It started last night on ESPN. It's not the best fighters of welterweight (even worse than last years middleweights), but it can entertaining. Last night there was some RJJ impersonator who got knockdown and there still was a MD. If they had a way of showing the complete fight, it would be better. Another way to make it better is not to hype up Sergio, Alfonso & Peter from season 1. Making the Contender final four on shady scorecards doesn't mean your going to be a boxing legend.

Chris Byrd fought against Wladimir Klitschko a few months ago. Klitschko TKO'd him in the 7th round.
    Last edited by RynMur; 07-21-2006 at 01:09 PM.

A Muslim

Where can i watch fights on the net? frankwarren.tv isnt all that coz i gotta be a member 2 watch fights.

and membership costs doe.
    ALLAHU AKBAR

Quote Originally Posted by rynmur04
    Anyone watching the new series of Contender? It started last night on ESPN. It's not the best fighters of welterweight (even worse than last years middleweights), but it can entertaining. Last night there was some RJJ impersonator who got knockdown and there still was a MD. If they had a way of showing the complete fight, it would be better. Another way to make it better is not to hype up Sergio, Alfonso & Peter from season 1. Making the Contender final four on shady scorecards doesn't mean your going to be a boxing legend.

Chris Byrd fought against Wladimir Klitschko a few months ago. Klitschko TKO'd him in the 7th round.
    it would be better if the winner of the contender would get a shot at the title. it would really be like a rocky movie make much better viewing and better fighters would join. and they should show the whole fights cause you feel that the scoring is a bit dodgy.

VernakuLa

i aint evem watch the heavyweight division anymore, cept if its lightsout fightin...where the hell is mickey ward? I remember he was dope a lil ago, and he had a rivalry with winky, right?

heavyweights just got fatter as the years went by. most of them are fat boxers who dont have the stamina to throw one punch. reason why if you get a real strong boxer with good stamina and a tactical mind, would easily win all heavyweight titles as someone to oppose is rare to find in the heavyweight division.

Wu Vatican

nah Ward had the triology with Gatti. he's been retired for a minute now. i do remember seeing him pop up somewhere like as a trainer or cornerman i think. the man is a badass, no doubt.

Yea, Micky Ward was training Jeff Fraza? (The guy that had chickenpox on the Contender last year). Speaking of Contender, Allan Green (21-0) fought Anythony Bosante from Contender season 1 tonight on ESPN2. Green humiliated Bosante and ended it with a 5th rd. KO. During this fight Jermaine Taylor was at ringside and they talked about who was up next for him. Supposedly, Sergio Mora wants to fight him. haha

For tommorow, I'm hesitating to say Gatti will win by decision or late rd. ko.

Gatti gave it all he had last night and that still wasn't enough. Retirement would be his best option right now. He had to of been one of the best entertaining boxers to watch and he gave out all his heart for every one of his fights. Now Baldomir proved his point last night, but I still don't think that's enough to get him a shot at Mayweather. Their are still some big names in the welterweight class (Hatton, Margarito, Allan?) and fighters that may go up or down in weight (Mosley, Cotto, De La Hoya) for Baldomir to yet get a shot at Floyd.

Buddy McGirt is the trainer for Ajamu next week and I think he'll get out of his slump and RJJ will go down by KO. Oh yea this is a PPV fight for $25.
    Last edited by RynMur; 07-23-2006 at 03:00 PM.