Page 101 of 213 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3187

Thread: Boxing

Default The Official Boxing Thread

This Is The Official Mma Thread Talk About Anything That Involves Mixed Martial Arts Including Ufc, Pride Fighting, K1 Or Other

hmmm no it is the boxing thread, that is why it is called The Official Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    so vegas might just build a venue to host the fight lol ... lol forget about computers and roads n shit, just spend the stimulus money on a new stadium lol

I hope your not kidding b/c vegas needs a football or baseball stadium. And if they were thinking about doing it in Cowboys Stadiums, then it definitely will work out in a big venue.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

i don't feel like looking for the link but it's true ... i guess whoever runs las vegas doesn't want any chance of the fight being held in texas ... nothing absolute or anything, but it was thrown out there as if "anything you can do, we can do better" *shrugs

Wu Vatican

yeah, an undefeated pussy
    I'll take a fighter with a blemish or two on their record who actually has a pair over a pussy with the "0" any day. Peace.

floyd has fought stronger opponents than himself before, but besides that ... mayweather has said time and time again legacy don't pay the bills, and as much as people hate him for saying that, it's true ... while the greatest boxers are gonna be walking around brain dead mayweather will still be sharp with an impressive record and still be able to walk and talk after his career ... whats wrong with that?

it took heart to stay in there with castillo like that after he was gettin knocked around for half the fight ... people always look at the bad side of mayweather when at the core he is one damn good boxer, regardless of who he decides 2 fight

Wu Vatican

floyd has fought stronger opponents than himself before, but besides that ... mayweather has said time and time again legacy don't pay the bills, and as much as people hate him for saying that, it's true ... while the greatest boxers are gonna be walking around brain dead mayweather will still be sharp with an impressive record and still be able to walk and talk after his career ... whats wrong with that?
    Good points. My beef with PBF is that while he has gone on about money vs. legacy before he has just as often proclaimed himself to be the greatest boxer from any era. I don't think he even believes that bullshit himself. He is one of the most skilled ever but he hasn't taken on the challenges in recent years to merit him being the greatest. How the fuck do you go from fighting the Corralles and Castillo's in your division to handpicking opponents like Judah, Baldomir, and Gatti?! Shit, he fought a lightweight in Marquez and the bitch ass didn't even TRY to get to the catch weight! Mos def the most skilled and mos def the biggest pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    My beef with PBF is that while he has gone on about money vs. legacy before he has just as often proclaimed himself to be the greatest boxer from any era. I don't think he even believes that bullshit himself.
    right, i agree ... but to be honest i think when he says things like that, he's just trying to hype his name up ... it's cheap and unsportsmanlike, but he does attract a big draw ... everything he does and says i always look at as a business move first, no one likes looking at a fighter as a businessman before a boxer, but floyd plays his cards right

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    He is one of the most skilled ever but he hasn't taken on the challenges in recent years to merit him being the greatest.
    yeah, unfortunately thats also true ... but to mayweathers defense he has already paid some dues ... not all, but some ... i'd like 2 see him fight mosley but even if he won they'd just bring out the grandpa argument, and when he beats pacquiao they will just say he was supposed 2 win because he was bigger ... if someone asked me who he should be fighting to add points 2 legacy, i'd say paul willimas would b the perfect contender
    Last edited by ALCATRAZ; 12-01-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Wu Vatican

right, i agree ... but to be honest i think when he says things like that, he's just trying to hype his name up ... it's cheap and unsportsmanlike, but he does attract a big draw ... everything he does and says i always look at as a business move first, no one likes looking at a fighter as a businessman before a boxer, but floyd plays his cards right

yeah, unfortunately thats also true ... but to mayweathers defense he has already paid some dues ... not all, but some ... i'd like 2 see him fight mosley but even if he won they'd just bring out the grandpa argument, and when he beats pacquiao they will just say he was supposed 2 win because he was bigger ... if someone asked me who he should be fighting to add points 2 legacy, i'd say paul willimas would b the perfect contender
    that's what PBF is trying to drill into our heads but Manny is a legit welter now in most fans and critics eyes. again, good points though. peace-

Danny green just beat Roy Jones Jnr!!!...thatll show the ppl that doubted his ability!!!

jones is old and shot but the first knockdown was amazing
    greene is WAY too susceptible to the jab, and hes ovverated, put in a B-hop or a Dawson and hell struggle against their jabs

yeah paul williams would be literally the biggest contender for mayweather, he has the type of style that doesnt suit floyd, because floyd has never been truly tested against somebody that usually throws 100 punches per round, furthermore floyd never works too well against a high workrate fighter, so dismissing pacquiao would be illogical, his offense has improved immensily over the years and he can easily back floyd against the ropes.

so lets say B-hop wins tonight, will he still fight Roy Jones, or just say your not worth my time now? I say he fights him, and ends RJJ career