Thread: Boxing

why can't PACman take the test before the fight? this looks worse on PACmans part then mayweather's because if he does not take the test people are going to start to whisper he is taking something and those whispers will become loud screams of speculation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    these people got roid use down to a science

its hard to tell who is really bullshitting or not
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    why can't PACman take the test before the fight? this looks worse on PACmans part then mayweather's because if he does not take the test people are going to start to whisper he is taking something and those whispers will become loud screams of speculation
    The way I see it.....Who the fuck is Floyd Mayweather to make stipulations about what Manny needs to do before the fight??

If I'm Manny there is no way I'm agreeing to that bullshit.

If its the Nevada Boxing Commission, than ok.

It was a total ego movve by Mayweather.

Boxers have rituals before they fight...some dont fuck, they train their ass off, if Manny doesnt want to get pricked, he has every right.

its not mandatory, its just some stipulation Floyd is demanding.

Fuck that...

Pacquiao is the hotter fighter right now. He has achieved success without Mayweather.

Both guys need this fight to cement their greatness tho, make no mistake about it.

Floyd needs this as much as Manny.

Mayweather will back off from it...because its a ridiculous request.

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    He said he's willing to do a drug test after the fight. Why doesn't Mayweather's camp agree to that? It's gonna give you the same outcome as it would before the fight.

Mayweather is acting like a bitch, IMO.
    I dont know anything about drug tests or what time table they show but I think the issue is he uses roids during training to get to the strength he needs for the fight. Maybe a post fight one would show that maybe not, but Manny's excuse that he is afraid of shots is bullshit... hes a boxer that risks his life for a living and hes scared of needles? cmon son

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Ok, reading the story, its clear that this is just some bullshit stirred up by the Mayweather camp, and one lame ass journo. This is the definition of "some bullshit".

Its all some gayass he-said-she-said nonsense.

This Richard Scaeffer punk (CEO of golden boy), is first of all just butthurt that Manny turned down Golden Boy promotions a while back, and he started saying butthurt type things in private about Manny because he was Jealous of his success. Why would anyone care what this guy says? Manny is not a drug user, Freddie Roach doesnt operate that way.

This guy has no proof of any of this and im not surprised hes trying to deny it, and im glad Manny is sueing this prick.

I think they're both BSing. Pacman has a tatoo so needles shouldn't be a problem, how many blood tests did Mayweather take when he fought the Golden Boy at 154? I think Mayweather's camp is playing mind games with Pacman and he's falling for them.

Quote Originally Posted by p-rok73 View Post
    I think Mayweather's camp is playing mind games with Pacman and he's falling for them.
    Yeah I think its that or golden boy CEO's butthurt comments from the past to a journalist coming back to haunt him.

But if this has leaked from the Mayweather camp its a real LOW BLOW. This was a really dirty thing to say about someone, throwing them into question like that.

Pac-man is about precision with speed. Hes one of the most accurate punchers out there. Probably the most accurate. Thats why hes been winning fights. No drug can make you box like that.

And Pac wouldnt need any Drug to improve his stamina, he trains like no one else, and even gets this Thai guy to whack his stomach with a big wooden pole over and over, to improve his toughness. This man does it the hard way. Not through drugs. Anyone woudl know that.

I think both fighters are great for boxing...as for Pacman I say he's innocent until proven guilty, he's a phenom just like Mayweather was when he started his climb in boxing. Mayweather's ego is taking a hit every time someone dare's to say that there's a new P4P king in boxing.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block
    He said he's willing to do a drug test after the fight. Why doesn't Mayweather's camp agree to that? It's gonna give you the same outcome as it would before the fight.

Mayweather is acting like a bitch, IMO.
    Why do you think? Let's say Manny wins the fight, and tests positive for enhancement drugs after the fight. Does his W get taken away? No, it doesn't. That's the purpose for testing before the fight lol.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4777048
    When HBO televised "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7", it aired footage of Pacquiao taking a routine blood test as part of his pre-fight medical exam. The blood test was conducted approximately 14 days before the fight; it punches holes in Pacquiao's argument that giving blood inside 30 days of a fight negatively impacts his performance.
    I think that whatever happens its pretty clear that this fight will not happen on March 13. Its gonna be like a wu tang album and get pushed back countless times

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quik One
    Its gonna be like a wu tang album and get pushed back countless times
    lol

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by p-rok73 View Post
    I'm against steroids, but I also remember Fernando Vargas vs. Oscar De La Hoya, Vargas was tested positive on a banned substance after the fight & still got knocked out. I'm more excited about Mosley vs. Berto at this point. I'll get in the ring with either Pacman or Mayweather for 15k...shit I've gotten my ass beaten for free. There's no such thing as "tale of the tape" in the streets.
    true...im not the biggest de la hoya fan but after all that shit vargas talked i was glad oscar beat the shit outta him.

maybe this is all bs and just a way to hype the fight

Where did Pac actually say this about needles before the fight?

Lacey Bone, 3rd December 2009:

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post
    Theres no WAY pac-floyd is happening in March. Sorry it wont happen.

Everyone in Boxing thread shouted me down after I said that. I stick by my original prediction of summer/september 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    boxing is like a 200 year old science

mma is street fighting thats like 15 years old

i grewup in a boxing gym but if u never been introduced to jui jitsu you will get dominated.

i trained as a boxer/muay thai for 6 years before i got introduced to jui jitsu. and i got owned.

yea i could have beat the guy standing up, but if you dont know grappling your fucked and your instincts will betray you.

i was getting tapped by blue belts and shit.

a ground game is essential in martial arts

i dont think the average striker would ever beat the average grappler because in order for a striker to win he has to knock you out which is far harder and takes longer then grabbing someone a choking them out or grabbing a limb and breaking it
    trained in muay thai for 6 years? didnt you get bored?