Thread: Boxing

Maybe they will fight when Floyd becomes less scared of him. He should get somebody to try to help toughen him up.

my last word on the fight, just wanted to remind folks of what Floyd said at the 7:28 mark in vid below, I'd say leaving your guard down is a mistake, lol

Who does that dude's fade? Ouch

--Boxer who was wrongly imprisoned for 26 years fights first match

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...134607442.html

Floyd would beat pac imo

I'm afraid I would have to disagree, I think Manny has what it takes to sort him out. But more importantly I think that this debate is absolutely pointless until a contract is signed. And even then it is moot until put on their cool shoes and they step in the ring together. I want to see Manny in with Bradley and May in with Khan or Martinez.
    Last edited by BrooklynKing; 02-20-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Wu Vatican

time for Bernard to fuck off for good, fuckin embarassment to the sport.

Banned

time for dawson to stop fighting senior citizens and cheating on top of that

lol @ Dawson acting like he deserved that.

...and where the fuck did they find that ref? he shouldn't have a job tomorrow.
    Last edited by RynMur; 10-16-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    time for Bernard to fuck off for good, fuckin embarassment to the sport.
    how anytime bernard can put a whipping on dude ass and then go do pushups in the corner in between rounds that should tell you something..i dont know bernard situation but i do think its time to hang it up..most cats that old and are fighting have bad financial situations like the king of headbutt evander holyfield or like tyson in his later years

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    lol @ Dawson acting like he deserved that.

...and where the fuck did they find that ref? he shouldn't have a job tomorrow.
    that whole incident reminds me of a fight where Prince Nassem Hamed Did the same thing

The World Boxing Council will continue to recognize Bernard Hopkins as its light heavyweight champ following a vote of its board of directors on Wednesday, RingTV.com has learned.

The majority of the WBC's board members disagreed with the official call of Hopkins' WBC and RING title defense against Chad Dawson on Saturday in Los Angeles. Dawson won the fight by controversial second-round TKO after shoving Hopkins to the canvas where the 46-year-old champ injured his left shoulder and was deemed unfit to continue by referee Pat Russell.

Hopkins maintains that he was fouled by the young challenger and thus the bout should have been ruled a No Contest. Russell did not view Dawson's shove as foul, accidental or otherwise. Golden Boy Promotions filed a protest with the California State Athletic Commission which will review the fight and make a ruling at a Dec. 13 hearing.

THE RING magazine continues to recognize Hopkins as its champ pending that ruling.

speaking of older boxers

Sometimes its best to just hang up the boxing gloves and walk away, but clearly someone forget to mention that to former four-time champion Roy Jones Jr. Jones (54-8 40 KOs) is scheduled to square off against fellow cruiserweight Max Alexander (14-5-1 2 KOs) on December 10th. Here are some details per BoxingScene.com:

Jones attempts to end a three-fight skid as he performs in Atlanta for the first time in his legendary career. The Pensacola (FL) native has fought throughout the Southeast, but never in the Peachtree State.

His last ring appearance ended in disaster, landing on the wrong end of a highlight reel 10th round knockout at the hands of top cruiserweight contender Denis Lebedev this past May in Moscow. The surprisingly competitive bout took a terrible turn for the worst when Jones was nailed with an overhand right that left him frozen. Lebedev paused and turned towards referee Steve Smoger in hopes of stopping the fight, before landing one more right hand that put Jones down face first.

By the looks of Alexander’s record and knockout rate this fight should be nothing more than an exhibition for Jones Jr, one of the greatest pound for pound fighters of this generation. Alexander is winless in his last six bouts. I’m seriously hoping that is the case, because I would hate to see Roy end up like this again.
    Last edited by Fatal Guillotine; 10-20-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
    that whole incident reminds me of a fight where Prince Nassem Hamed Did the same thing
    Which Prince Naz fight are you talking about?

Everybody should check out this website I bought really comfortable ugg boots from Australia[/url] there!
    Last edited by BrooklynKing; 02-20-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Banned

hahaha they overturned the fight to a DRAW and gave Hopkins his belts back. fucking uncle tom dawson! click your heels three times nigga and go back to baptist church. on that note, tyson show these pagans who's in charge...

Banned

LOL

what. a. JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boxing is FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

grew up on it, love it... gotta face reality... boxing is getting NO new fans...

its LOSING fans...

last 2 PPV had laughable finishes... UNLESS U PAID FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love hopkins...

dawson is a bird...

but hopkins actually deserved to lose the belt IMO...

you injure your shoulder on that weak ass "slam" you helped sell with a FLOP!?!?!?!?!?

thats on YOU man....

LOL @ the thought of ANY cage fighter hurting himself on a "slam" like that....

ive seen b hop fight with one arm...

he wanted out.. fight was stinkfest early....

hand picking opponents, the fights everyone wants to see never happen...

BS finishes, BS officiating, BS overrules...

weak PPvs, weak HBO fights...

SHIT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    on that note,