Page 2 of 213 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Prince Rai

yeah it was a good fight overall.
    the most toughest yet for hatton, as he admitted, but i think seriously that pbf ought to be next.

but knowing the nature of boxing politics, that wont happen for a bit.

If Hatton Fights Mayweather I Would Love That I Know Oscar Is Comming Of A Good Win But He Beat B ( Maybe C) Class Fighter And Would Get Killed By Mayweather Or Hatton So I Don't Want To See Any Of Them Fight Him

Wu Vatican

What's up ya'll? Anyone else pumped up for Castillo/Corrales 3 yet? I know it's still a ways out but damn...I can only stand so much DLH, PBF, and Hatton talk lol. I thinkin if Oscar does actually fight again that it may be against Hatton. There was a good article about that over at www.maxboxing.com where they were mentioning that he might be ideal for DLH since Oscar's the naturally bigger giy these days. Add in the footwork, boxing skills, could be competitive. Hell, Mayorga's kind of a poor man's versio of Hatton and... -Peace

Wu Vatican

^yeah dude, i think X may have bit of a little more than he can chew this time... how about Juarez/Barrera? i'm a fan of both of em but i'm ready for my Texas boy to grab an upset. i don't like the way MAB has stepped down his competition since hooking up w/ Golden Boy Productions.

Yo That Fight Is This Week Right? On Hbo It Should Be Good Maybe The Fight Of The Year Juarez Can Pull Off The Upset If Barrera Is Not Careful

Prince Rai

hmm hopkins tarver should be a good fight.

i think tarver has a chance and so does bhop, but bhop has been in a recent warrr with taylor.. kinda anyway, and who has tarver fought that stretched him?

i might be out of line here but, bhop could do this..

Prince Rai

winky/taylor is a hell of a fight also!
    the winner should fight felix, the german middleweight... he deserves a chance

Banned

just to keep the boxing spirit alive,just over 24 hours ago, the biggest paid boxing fight in australian history occured, i was at the local club and watched it. to put it in perspective for non australians, this fight has been hyped for 4 years. a loud mouth who wants to be a 50cent/muhammad ali former rugby league player who could never make it and has fought 25 odd fights, with the majority of fighters over 35, including a title defense against a 40 year japanese dude, anthony mundine vs the typical aussie bloke who got fuckin jiffed against markus beyer, danny green. mundine was always gonna win, hes too fit, green is an out and out slugger, plus when green first challenged him all those years ago, green was in his prime and mundine knew hed get smashed, they hyped this fight for 4 years and got over $5m for it!! it was, at best, 6.5/10 for me.

heres the report

Round one
    Danny Green started the more aggressive and controlled the tempo of the opening stanza, landing the first telling blows. Both fighters were warned by referee Terry O'Connor for holding, and when the action resumed Green continued to out-work Anthony Mundine, who was content to soak up the early assault and counter off the ropes.

Round two
    The fighters resumed their pattern but Mundine was more active, throwing more punches off the ropes. Mundine managed to avoid Green's right hand and landed some shots of his own.

Round three
    Mundine started to look more comfortable. Green landed a right hand but Mundine seized the initiative by responding as he pinned Green on the ropes. Green started going to Mundine's body, sailing dangerously close to slipping below the belt.

Mundine's jab was starting to find its range and his confidence continued to grow, at one point he cheekily poked his tongue out at his opponent. Green charged Mundine on the ropes and caught a right hand for his effort.

Round four
    Mundine's jab was regularly finding its range as Green continued his tactic of going to the body. Mundine landed the heaviest blow of the round when he threw a combination, the left uppercut wide of the mark but the right hand catching Green as he avoided the first shot. Green was beginning to bleed from the nose and swell around the eyes.

Round five
    The former rugby league star opened with a sharp right hand and finished the same way, catching Green with a straight right, which stopped the West Australian in his tracks. Mundine's jab continued to tag Green, whose work rate lagged.

Round six
    Started slowly but finished with the best exchange of the fight as both traded punches on the ropes. Green started the round outworking Mundine before being caught with a heavy body shot and a sharp right hand that appeared to stagger him.

Mundine landed the bigger punches in the latter stages of the round and again Green looked shaken.

Round seven
    Another round in which Mundine dictated the pace and tempo. Mundine opened the round with another right hand, Green rallied but was unable to find a way through his opponent's defence. O'Connor was forced to stop the action midway through when Mundine lost his footing on the slippery canvas.
    When action resumed, Green trapped Mundine in the corner and forced him out of the ring by leaning on him. O'Connor cleaned Mundine's gloves. Green then landed his best shot of the fight, a right hand.

Round eight
    Mundine started like he meant business, combining a sharp left uppercut with a right hand that had Green on the back foot. Mundine's jab sent sweat flying off Green's head and his looping rights were beginning to find their way around Green's defence.

Round nine
    Green started looking for one big shot but it was Mundine who controlled the round with his right hand continuing to find its range. Green landed the occasional heavy punch to Mundine's body but Mundine threw more punches.

O'Connor was forced to warn Green for a low blow towards the end of the round.

Round 10
    Mundine continued to make Green pay for his missed shots, and the man with the mohawk was starting to look fatigued. Green was on the receiving end of several heavy rights. Towards the end of the round Mundine raised the ire of the crowd by throwing a pair of punches at Green as O'Connor separated the fighters.

Round 11
    Green needed a knockout but Mundine clearly had his measure. Mundine followed an uppercut with a smart left hand as Green continued to show signs of fatigue. Green managed to catch Mundine with a right hand as the latter moved along the ropes. But Mundine was in control and his right hand found a home on Green's chin. Mundine landed a massive right hand on the bell.

Round 12
    Mundine finished the fight as he started it - in total control. He threatened to finish the contest with a knockout when he stunned Green with a vicious combination - an uppercut and a straight right - early in the round. Green was looking for one punch to end it but he was constantly beaten to the punch. Mundine continued to clown, and he poked his tongue out at the crowd. As the bell rang, the pair embraced.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23218,00.html
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Princerai
    hmm hopkins tarver should be a good fight.

i think tarver has a chance and so does bhop, but bhop has been in a recent warrr with taylor.. kinda anyway, and who has tarver fought that stretched him?

i might be out of line here but, bhop could do this..
    You KNOW I respect your opinion, but are you being serious calling Hopkins/Taylor a war? That was the biggest joke fight ever. You can't go to war when you're afraid to throw punches for fear of retaliation. B-hop and Taylor both stunk out the joint, man...

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    You KNOW I respect your opinion, but are you being serious calling Hopkins/Taylor a war? That was the biggest joke fight ever. You can't go to war when you're afraid to throw punches for fear of retaliation. B-hop and Taylor both stunk out the joint, man...
    true benzo true.

im kinda stepping back there.

i was just trying to emphasise dat, hopkins has better fights... im not downlooking at any tarver fights but hopkins either way can get this decison.

who watched barrera - juarez fight. I only watched it from the 7th round, from what i saw i rated jaurez to win. They announced a draw but they got it wrong and barrera was the winner. a very good fight.

Wu Vatican

^word. I'd like to see it again for sure. With Barrera becoming more "touchable", yet still willing to throw down, he's gonna make some some great fights on his way out. I think Juarez would be a good face for boxing in the future, he put up a hell of a fight. -L8 ya'll

Wu Vatican

yeah but you gotta put up a pic of Tarver's goofy Hollywood ass if he wins! fuck it, just put up a pic of DLH cliching his liver...

My dad boxed too.