Thread: Boxing

PRODIGAL SUN

With Aflac (Floyd) retiring, Nicaraguan Nightmare (Roman Gonzalez) will be crowned numero uno on the P4P list - followed by The Ring Reaper (Golovkin) at #2. Finally we have real fighters holding it down like obese midgets with ankle weights!

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

Anne Wolf was a bona fide bestia!! Scariest female pugilist I have ever witnessed. She is now a pretty good trainer. She used to be Mandingo Warrior's (James Kirkland) trainer. His only two loses, which were KO's to Canelo and Ishida, she wasn't in his corner. If he didn't fire her he would have a strap by now.

that french dude that Wilder fought on Saturday had the most indestructible chin of all times I swear
    if he had more talent and technical skill he'd probably be unstoppable. I never saw em before that fight
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 09-28-2015 at 01:38 PM.

-

I saw Phantom Punch movie this weekend with Ving Rhames, Nick Turturro and Bridgette Wilson-Sampras(she's hot and I want her. Ving had sex with her even though he was married to Stacey Dash and she was married to Nick Turturro hahahahahahahahahaha.). The movie was about boxer Sonny Liston and Ving played Sonny. I had heard of Sonny but I never saw his fights. Muhammad Ali was the only boxer he lost to twice. Sonny died from being injected with a drug needle and the movie showed at the end when it was written on the screen that Sonny was scared of needles. So his death remains a mystery. JChavez, you know about Sonny Liston?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

PRODIGAL SUN

Mumm Ra, even though it's the first time Duhaupas has been stretched, I doubt he has a granite chin. The guy is a stiff. He looks like he should be working as a ride operator at a traveling carnival. No way should he nor Eric Molina before him, should have lasted into the second half of the fight against Wilder. Deontay was getting backed up by a heavyweight that wouldn't instill fear in the middleweight division. And the times Wilder stepped in Duhaupas' square he'd throw overhand rights that would clip Duhaupas' glove before they made contact with his head. I wasn't impressed this time nor his last fight, and if he fights like he has the last two times when he faces either Povetkin or Klitschko he loses by early KO. Wilder will be 30 yrs. old in October - Al Haymon needs to match him up against top 10 heads.

PRODIGAL SUN

Charles, Liston was before my time but from what I know about him is that he had huge hands and a very long reach (84 inches) for a man only 6’1. I’ve seen some footage on him and he had slow feet and hands. He was a stalker but his spacing was terrible. He’d throw punches from too far, maybe depending too much on his wingspan. What he’s famous for is the Phantom Punch in the first round of the rematch with Ali. Lots of people claim it was fixed and that he wasn’t hit, but I think Ali landed a good, crisp right, but that Sonny just wasn’t in shape to take that punch. He might have not trained all that well or even over-trained. That black and white poster of Ali standing over Liston is one of my favorite sports posters.

yeah me and the homies were saying during that fight that Wilder doesnt wanna see Klitschko. Wilder's face actually looked more beat up than Duhaupas afterwards lmao.

he had like 4 real good flurries on Duhaupas that I thought wouldve taken anybody to the mat though, especially some of those upper cuts, in addition to just the volume of punches throughout the whole match. he probably wouldve fell that last found if it wasnt stopped tho

PRODIGAL SUN

It was Duhaupas’ jab that swelled Wilder’s eye. I give Duhaupas a lot of credit cause he showed no fear and he brought the fight to Deontay, And I think that caught Wilder by surprise – he didn’t look to comfortable fighting off the back foot. And it took his superior power away when he fought going backwards. I’m telling you, if Duhaupas had decent punching power, Wilder could have been in a little bit of trouble Saturday night.

Regarding Wilder’s uppercuts, when you get a chance watch it again and you will notice that they were all arm punches – Deontay doesn’t bend the knees when he throws them, and when he threw them while they were in-fighting he had terrible balance cause his legs were too far from his opponent (terrible spacing), causing him to lean on Duhaupas without being able to use leverage. Hope this makes sense.

right on good info

PRODIGAL SUN