Page 53 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

what yall think about the David Haye & Wlad Klitschko thing ?

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by JRoll View Post
    B-Hop better win his next match.
    That's gonna be hard seeing as he's unofficially retired. Dude doesn't have a match lined up...

JRoll

He's says he has another match coming up, I don't know when though.

I hope no one will fight B-hop; I do not want him to be one of those boxers who just do not retire and no bodies beat him

^I say he should try to get a rematch with RJJ and if that doesn't happen then retire. But think he had a SD against one of the best boxers at 43 (calzaghe is prob the 2nd best lb 4 lb boxer right now). I think its going to be awhile before bhop starts losing to no bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alijannu View Post
    what yall think about the David Haye & Wlad Klitschko thing ?
    ?are they suppose to fight? If so, it sounds good, but I don't think Haye is ready for Klitschko yet.

JRoll

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    ^I say he should try to get a rematch with RJJ and if that doesn't happen then retire. But think he had a SD against one of the best boxers at 43 (calzaghe is prob the 2nd best lb 4 lb boxer right now). I think its going to be awhile before bhop starts losing to no bodies.
    Yeah thats true...

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    A B-Hop-RJJ rematch is what people have been askinf for for years since their first match. It would make a lot of sense to end B-Hop's career against him because I think B-Hop will beat him since both are over the hill right now.

Wu Vatican

PBF announced his retirement and the cancellation of the de la Hoya rematch. I posted a thread with a link in this forum. Peace-

Prince Rai

i guess pbf bounced before he had to face the growing pressures of having to fight cotto especially if he wanted to try and justify a dlh rematch.

PBF is a bitch. He just quits after making a big deal about Roger training Steve Forbes. He is always full of excuses, thats why he's dodged so many boxers during his career. He knew eventually or later he'd have to fight Cotto and the odds may not be heavily in his favor as they were his last few major fights.

Anyone watch the fights last night? I only have HBO, but damn there was alof of upsets yesterday. Forrest losing MD to Mora, Quintana getting KO in 1st rd vs. Williams, Ponce De Leon getting KO in 1st rd vs. Lopez. Although Pavlik handled his business as expected. He had 3 knockdowns by the third round against Lockett until their corner threw in the towel.
    Last edited by RynMur; 06-08-2008 at 03:07 PM.

FRESH FISH

Hopefully Pavlik gets his last mandatory out (Marco Antonio Rubio or Duddy) and unifies the middleweight division with a victory over Arthur Abraham so he can go up in weight to 168 for a megafight with Calslappy. Cuz I'll you right now, Calzaghe slaps won't get any damn where the damage Pavlik's crisp punches will. Kelly might be a tad bit slow, but he's conditioned. The only problem I see in Pavlik's way towards defeating Joe single-handedly is the fact that while Joe may look like a total amateur at times (Look at Hopkins fight), he is a great adjuster, and will be a problem for Kelly stylistically.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by DNA View Post
    Hopefully Pavlik gets his last mandatory out (Marco Antonio Rubio or Duddy) and unifies the middleweight division with a victory over Arthur Abraham so he can go up in weight to 168 for a megafight with Calslappy. Cuz I'll you right now, Calzaghe slaps won't get any damn where the damage Pavlik's crisp punches will. Kelly might be a tad bit slow, but he's conditioned. The only problem I see in Pavlik's way towards defeating Joe single-handedly is the fact that while Joe may look like a total amateur at times (Look at Hopkins fight), he is a great adjuster, and will be a problem for Kelly stylistically.
    i second this to be honest.

Damn Berto can throw a mean uppercut. Anyone see last week's fight? That first knockdown started to make my jaw hurt.

So what are the predictions for next week? I have Pacman by UD. I don't think he'll have a problem moving up in weight, but he looks to be moving out of his prime as of late.

Anyone catch Friday Night Fights? Shit was mad crazy! Grant knocking down Burnette in the last very last second of the very last round, big ups for that, even though he lost.

I want to se Abraham fight Pavlik, but Abraham would run through him to be honest. Pavliks a great fighter, but I think King is alittle better.