Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Dreddy Kruger Interview--A MUST READ

i like how he speaks his mind, you dont see guys doing that very often anymore. im sorry but mathematics is pretty much trash nowadays and just blaze shits all over him. math hasnt been good for a while.

Ghost has a record deal. A lot of decisions are not made based on his personal taste of what he would do. It's a business and run as such. You can't blame him for the pick of singles or even all the material. He is just the artist and its not his call.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by crass
    while he was slamming ghost, dreddy forgot to mention how mediocre the indie culture album is.
    Agreed, Fischscale is better then ANY album he's ever worked on. YES this includes No Said Date.

Dreddy is a blind hater. Fishscale is one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year, and all this SLOB can do is hate. What crap.

3 dre beats and all the rest RZA , that sounds good , the album will sell a few more copies with dre beats on there.

Constant Elevation Blaque_Ravage's Avatar

Cool

Good read,I agree on many levels on what Dreddy is saying...especailly about Ghostface,I dont see what hes saying as hate or being harsh because its nothing put the plain truth and he knows Ghostface can do much better! And being a Ghostface fan I can see were hes coming from....as good as Fishscale is...and it is real good....it STILL doesnt capture what Ghostface did on Ironman and Supreme Clientele....because Ghostface still isnt really putting out music for his core fandase...hes still trying to reach a fanbase that isnt for him...example "Back like that" its a good song IMO.But.....to be honest it wasnt really needed for Ghostface to sell...

And "9 Mil Bros"..the beat isnt wack IMO WHY? because Im those people who havent heard all of Dooms beats....BUT...still I knew when first heard it...shit seem RUSHED! And could have waited to be done better! Allot of shit on Fishscale could have waited to be done better.....

BUT MAN....thats messed up that Def Jam STILL hasnt sign the paper work for Ghostface...so that we can get that Ghost&Doom album,Fishscale has been out for a while now....and Def Jam bullshitting around!

GREAT news on the new Wu albums coming soon...glad to hear Rza mind state is back on that classic Wu era sound.If all things play well....the Wu can come back full force with everyone being focus on giving what the fans want.

Im glad someone like Dreddy is behind the Wu....hes diffenitly keeping the legacy together!
    Last edited by Blaque_Ravage; 05-14-2006 at 12:47 PM.

"Those who havent learnt get returned you freaky ass niggas get burned some walk around like they aint concerned with the hell goin on inside the world. Why do grown men molest little girls it is because the girls breast has swelled to the size of a women,although shes 12.The whole world is sick,sick,sick trapped up in six,six,six "Sunshower~The Rza

The Champ was wack in my opinion. My two favorite joints on it are Shakey Dog, Ragu & Big Girl. I feel Dreddy on what he was saying, but I don't know how I feel about him saying it publicly. I'm not a fan of airing dirty laundry. But to each his/her own.

How can you say that fanbase isn't for him? Back Like That is getting a lot of airplay, so someone is liking it??? and its making Ghost ones.I don't understand, just because the "core" fanbase says they don't like it, doesn't mean that other people don't like it. What makes that the standard for everything?????It's not. Who cares what someone liked 10 years ago, this is 2006, so get with what is happening now. Nothing is the same as ten years ago, so why should the music be. The whole industry has changed. Good music is not necessarily what gets and keeps people signed. Dreddy is an independent-he's not running with the big boys. he can say what he wants. Ghost right now is the only one in the Clan thats popping. Last Rae show, my man said only 15 people attended. If that Doom album isn't going to make Def Jam any money, you'll be waiting forever for them to sign. I know my people and they could care less, unless the dollars are involved, no matter what the shit sounds like. If there's no money, it makes no sense.

"Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar

This Guy Is A Clown....

For Example: "N***as were talking about my CD more than the DangerDoom[The Mouse & The Mask], more than the GZA/Muggs sh*t[Grandmasters], just because I had so much more to offer."

^^^ No, they weren't. Lol.

This Guy is The Biggest RZA Dickrider known to MAN. lol.

"LET'S PUT DOOM ON A RZA BEAT!!!" We all know how that turnt out.... BADLY. WOulda been better the other way around...

This Guy Is Ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute
    How can you say that fanbase isn't for him? Back Like That is getting a lot of airplay, so someone is liking it?
    yet the album aint selling. its at like 200k+ right now. that song is getting play cuz the label is pushing it with payola and the only place its getting any serious spin is in NY.

i think he'll hit gold by the end of the year but it aint looking good for ghost right now.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

And who are you comparing that too? It's still better than any Clan or Clan associates numbers recently. Wu isn't hot, so the fact that Ghost sold that many is actually good.

Constant Elevation Blaque_Ravage's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute
    How can you say that fanbase isn't for him? Back Like That is getting a lot of airplay, so someone is liking it??? and its making Ghost ones.I don't understand, just because the "core" fanbase says they don't like it, doesn't mean that other people don't like it. What makes that the standard for everything?????It's not. Who cares what someone liked 10 years ago, this is 2006, so get with what is happening now. Nothing is the same as ten years ago, so why should the music be. The whole industry has changed. Good music is not necessarily what gets and keeps people signed. Dreddy is an independent-he's not running with the big boys. he can say what he wants. Ghost right now is the only one in the Clan thats popping. Last Rae show, my man said only 15 people attended. If that Doom album isn't going to make Def Jam any money, you'll be waiting forever for them to sign. I know my people and they could care less, unless the dollars are involved, no matter what the shit sounds like. If there's no money, it makes no sense.

I dont think you understood fully what I meant "Back like that" isnt a song and its just IMO so dont take to heart! A song if you look back at Ghostface catalogue is for his "core" fanbase it was a song just to sell for the radio/TV which isnt a bad thing....BUT...my point is Ghostface didnt need that song to sell to another fanbase...he already has one.....and I believe IMO he could have done better...come on...its Ghostface!

And your telling me to forget about 10 years ago and do whats now....guess WHAT?....allof of people are doing what Wu did tens years ago NOW....but Wu totally isnt I understand people change....But Wu had a formula and sound that was ahead of there time...that they could have used FOREVER.....if it aint broke dont fix it.And if you read the article you would see were Rza mind state is at now.....he is thinking 10 years ago...bringing back that formula for Rae's new album,Gza,Deck...etc....SO again...10 years ago was the SHIT...and Wu had it....forget about what the Industry wants for money....because most of the time it dont pay...it can cause MORE damage to your career!

But your right! Money is more important than music now....

"Those who havent learnt get returned you freaky ass niggas get burned some walk around like they aint concerned with the hell goin on inside the world. Why do grown men molest little girls it is because the girls breast has swelled to the size of a women,although shes 12.The whole world is sick,sick,sick trapped up in six,six,six "Sunshower~The Rza

im comparing it to other artists who are on major labels(which no other clan or clan associate is).

tical 0 went gold with half the promotion and run that fishscale is getting.
    Last edited by THE W; 05-14-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

what the fuck is dreddy talking about?

"Wu-Tang song on there with a whack-ass MF Doom beat"

that's fucked up man.

dreddy's shit was hardly the talk of the town. And plus on the album notes he has the worst grammer i've ever read.

I dont really get why people are so quick to shit on Dreddy no matter how much truth he speaks. Ya'll just base ya'll opinion on him based on the fact that ya'll dont agree with his mixtape hustle. If ya'll see the track list ahead of time and KNOW that ya got those songs already, then why buy it and then complain? Those mixtapes he sells are for people who dont like downloading songs (like me). Not everybody downloads every new song that comes out daily (I dont, because I wait for them to come out officially on the artist's album or at least on a collective mixtape compiled by a Wu insider like Dreddy). So for those people that didnt like the A-life mixtape or the Witty Unpredictable mixtape, I dint have that problem because I never had those songs. So when I heard them, I was satisfied with the CD. I know I got my money's worth. Ya'll the same people who comlain that Fishscale wasn't all that. Why? Cause ya'll had already donloaded those songs a long time ago.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fry
    Dreddy Kruger just called "The Champ" wack. This guy's credibility is questionable. I'm a Math fan and all but Jus Blaze is a much better producer than Math.

I do respect him for trying to hold the W up though. He just needs to stop hating random shit.
    Champ is wack to me also.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.