Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Default The Da Vinci Code

Anyone hear about this movie? It sounds like a great movie because Tom Hanks and Ron Howard are involved. I'm almost done with the book so I can see it when it opens on Friday.

It's some real interesting material from Dan Brown. Even thought it's a book, I suggest you read it to enjoy and learn at the same time.

What go y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline
    Anyone hear about this movie? It sounds like a great movie because Tom Hanks and Ron Howard are involved. I'm almost done with the book so I can see it when it opens on Friday.

It's some real interesting material from Dan Brown. Even thought it's a book, I suggest you read it to enjoy and learn at the same time.

What go y'all think?
    All of Brown's books have exactly the same plot accompanied by terrible dialougue.

Can't stand him.

I heard about that movie after War of The Worlds.

true, like picturebloodbaths says, Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code have the same plot...it's kinda lame...well I find it boring, how many times can you use the exact same plot over?

But like the first poster said, you 'learn' alot. When I read Da Vinci Code last year, I thought it was dope, and so I'm looking forward to seeing the film open on Friday

Yep, I know it's Tom Hanks, (who I love as an actor) and Audrey Tautou as Sophie, plus Ian McKellen is in it, and Paul Bettany as Silas and Jean Reno is in it!
    It was filmed using Lincoln Catherdral (which is not far from me ), cos apparently I heard they weren't allowed to film it in Westminster.
    But yep yep, should be good, as I said I finished the book last year, so I've been waiting for this for time!

p

Right on, picturebloodbaths, Dan Brown is vastly over rated. On a literary par with J.K Rowling.
    I read the Brown novels and like, once you're done reading about all the tech, there isn't much left after that, it's all rather empty. I'd say speculative, but it's too full of holes for that.
    On the other hand, it'll offer the masses a dumbed down theory on how the church has lied to so many people, which might spark some new thinking among the masses. Beyond that, I think I'll wait to rent.

Chicks dig giant robots

I loved the book, Im sure the movie will be nice as well . Can't wait to see it !
    F.L.I.N.T.

Veteran Member

I felt the same way, when I read it two years ago. The novel was just ok, horrendous dialogue, and an interesting fast paced read, but nothing interesting since I heard about Jesus getting it on since I was 10.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

so many people have read that book and the people that dont like to read will now see the genius of dan brown's Da vinci code. its going to be the biggest movie that has ever been released since titanic. Its going to be so big that Angels and Demons will be made into a movie and The Solomon Key will be a HUGE book as well as a movie just give it about 2 years. This is the biggest project in Hollywood.
    The Price of my ice is sky high/Im a fly guy/
    Thats every thug's dream/I really love cream its in my bloodstream/

BIG L

run, away - slave!

book sucked - the ending was lame.
    that should put the movie as an unpopped kernel against a tub of pop corn.

All of Brown's books have exactly the same plot accompanied by terrible dialougue.

Can't stand him.__________________
    Dean Koontz is the same way. But haven't read the book so I don't really have an oppinion on it, other than it looks interesting

Thanks for responding!

Looks like mixed reviews from reading the book which is nice to see. I didn't expect people to think it was all great. I should be done by tomorrow so I can't wait to see it on Friday.

In the end it is a fictional book, but at the same time interesting. The movie should do as well.

Very bad reviews after it has been played in Cannes. Almost eveybody who saw it said it really sucked. That's a pitty cause I think it is a very nice book.
    F.L.I.N.T.

I just saw it last night!

Honestly, do not believe all the critics. Towards the end of the movie, there's more talking, but the beginning and the middle are great. The person who played Sir Leigh Teibing (I forgot his name) did an excellent job.

Also, the scenes with Silas are really powerful.

Of course not everything in the book is in the movie, but I still enjoyed it. Oh, I also think the ending in the movie was excellent.

I give it a B+.

Just saw the movie and thought it was great, I think that critics are being harsh on this one.
    Assuming you haven't read the book it is full of twists and surprises although one in particular I saw coming a mile a way.
    It is slow in many places but the story keeps you interested in whats going on, there are some fast paced moments but their very brief so if you want action don't see this.
    I personally loved all the flashback sequences of ancient times, it seemed like you could make a movie based on those alone.
    Overall very entertaining, worth watching. 3/5.

I just saw it too, and it was pretty good. I suppose I should tell you I didn't read the book (non conformist!...haha, lame) but from a movie stand point it was good. I thought it was pretty predictable, but my girl didn't. Overall it was well done, don't believe the hype.

I think Da Pope is writing all these reviews, cause they all suck.

After the movie there were Christians waiting outside the theater passing out booklets disproving the movie. It's causing a lot of controversy. You should go see this movie.

WHAT'S GOING ON?