Thread: Disrespect?

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Default Disrespect?

Hollywood Mummies...

Our ancestory...

Chinchorro - Mummy from Chile

Juanita - Mummy from Peru

Lindow Man - Mummy from England

Is it just me or do "certain people" just hold complete disrespect and utter content for anything of African origin? I say that it's all a part of a bigger deception. Look at this:
    How did we get from Imhotep the Multi-Genius architect of the step pyramid a master of calculus at age 3...

to Imhotep the demonic villian of the world? Little children are afraid of their ancestory due to this poison. People are afraid to go to their sacred Mother Land because flesh eating beetles are going to devour them up.

Is it just me or is this a classic case of racism (WWS)?

Your comments please.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

the temulent

seems a bit far fetched to be honest, mate.
    peace, love, revolution.

It is classic racism.

And, it's soo subliminal.

Hollywood does it the best.

it is possible that it is accidental
    but
    that dont mean that it dont have damaging effects

jaws made people unrealistically afraid of sharks
    indiana jones made people unrealistically afraid of snakes
    twister made people unrealistically afraid of tornadoes
    all the points have been made

I don't like mummies.

What, you mean that these depictions are all created and projected in good faith and that they inflict no harm?

I feel that these movies and stoies are disrespectful because of the way they implant negative images of great and powerful ancestors to our youth.

True the actors and all may be innocent and just trying to make 'good entertainment,' but if it's to defame others then it's a problem with me.

I didn't even touch on how the racist 'scientists' busted the ancestors in the nose when they saw that they were 'BLACK!,' or how they completely desecrated Tutankamun's remains and made him look like a ancient Micheal Jackson.

This is the one that I'm talking about.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ngtutface.html
    Led by Zahi Hawass, head of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, a National Geographic Society team commissioned French experts to create the lifelike bust. Using the CT scans (see "King Tut Mummy Scanned"), French forensic anthropologist Jean-Noël Vignal determined the basic measurements and features of Tutankhamun's face. Vignal deduced that Tutankhamun had a narrow nose, buck teeth, a receding chin, and Caucasian features. Such features are typical of European, North African, Middle Eastern, and Indian peoples.
    Last edited by blackwisdom; 05-14-2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Caucasian features

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper

actuallyk, i gotta respect lhx, sorry for that
    Last edited by Sicka than aidZ; 05-14-2006 at 04:31 PM.
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

yeah, but in that lame movie the mummu did not look black, so it is difficult to say that there is racism against blacks.

second point. if the geographers used technology to reconstruct the face, there is probably some credibility to the picture you posted. what other evidence is there? I am just asking because I know little of ancient history.

the obstacle is the path

Quote Originally Posted by Sicka Than Aidz
    fuckin cant beat em join em. Who gives a fuck dawg u aren't gonna save the planet. Truth hurts but yall african gods arent going to see whitey disappear before u do. nope, sorry, its a lie.
    So in other words you're saying to turn a blind eye to a murderer? Can't isn't in my vocab. My job is to build with my elders and pass on jewels to the next generation while I link up with as many Brothers and Sisters as possible. Destroying all Crackers (The name they gave their selves for cracking whips) isn't in the plan now. We gotta employ Kujichagulia first.

Quote Originally Posted by denaturat
    yeah, but in that lame movie the mummu did not look black, so it is difficult to say that there is racism against blacks.

second point. if the geographers used technology to reconstruct the face, there is probably some credibility to the picture you posted. what other evidence is there? I am just asking because I know little of ancient history.
    To depict Imhotep, villian or no, as white looking is as wrong as you can come. Then to make him a evil character is another slap in the face. To take our ancient rituals and make them a hollywood movie for people's sick enjoyment is yet another insult.

Think about this; if you show this picture to little children the first thing they'll say is that he's a white man. Look at his father for evidence.

but the study of bones, such as that facial reconstruction you posted, show they did completely resemble blacks. also the stone statute you have posted last does not look black at all. that does not mean they were white. maybe they were more closely related to the arabic peoples.

PS my understanding is that there existed different dynasties of different origins, that they were not a homogeneous group.
    Last edited by denaturat; 05-14-2006 at 05:00 PM.

the obstacle is the path

Quote Originally Posted by denaturat
    but the study of bones, such as that facial reconstruction you posted, show they did completely resemble blacks. also the stone statute you have posted last does not look black at all. that does not mean they were white. maybe they were more closely related to the arabic peoples.

PS my understanding is that there existed different dynasties of different origins, that they were not a homogeneous group.
    During Akhenaten's rule sculptures' facial features were exagerated to display their Divinity. There were invasions that mixed the blood lines but Tutankhamun is known to be as his 'Burnt faced' relatives from the South (Ethiopia). Bottom line about King Tutankhmaun is that the hue that they depict him as is very deceiving to the unknowing.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom
    During Akhenaten's rule sculptures' facial features were exagerated to display their Divinity. There were invasions that mixed the blood lines but Tutankhamun is known to be as his 'Burnt faced' relatives from the South (Ethiopia). Bottom line about King Tutankhmaun is that the hue that they depict him as is very deceiving to the unknowing.
    I don't know anything really about the subject, so I won't argue with you. thanks for reply.

the obstacle is the path

im sorry dude, ill leave your theories alone
    Last edited by Sicka than aidZ; 05-14-2006 at 09:14 PM.
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

BLACK ISN'T THIS PICTURE SUPPOSED TO BE PHAROE'S BODY PRESERVRD...!?

ORPHANS OF CUSH

OUT SOON