Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slick Rick - The Art of Storytelling

which wu-tang track uses the same sample as "me & nas bring it..."... fucking blackout!!

i played this shit out when i got it. filler or not, i felt it was a decent release for its time. 8/10.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
    http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage

I liked this album, i only have this and 'The Adventures...' so i dont know what his other stuff is like, but i think this album is dope

Wu Vatican

really good. some of the beats could have been better.

honestly the beats on the adventures of... ruin it for me. they are just too dated. i like old school shit too. just hard for me to get into some of those corny horns and shit.

adults only is such a funny ass song, dope shit too. rick is that dude.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

I wouldn't consider Trapped By Me & Impress The Kid as filler. I can listen through this entire album without skipping any songs (including the skits). Anyways, this album is even more impressive because he didn't record a studio album in eight years. He came back with a more mature flow, great stories, and nice beats. It's a shame he only made 4 albums in his career.

Standouts: Kill Niggaz, Street Talkin, Me & Nas Bring It To You The Hardest, 2 Way Street, I Run This, Frozen, Adults Only, Memories

Grade: (4.7/5) A+

The live bonus tracks make this a near classic.

-

Very disappointing album. I like the guest appearances he had and everybody came through with the tight lyrics and Slick Rick's lyrics were good but i didn't like most of the beats on this album. Adults Only song is funny.

-

Durag, don't even bother listening to Slick Rick's Behind Bars album because it's shitty. Sittin In My Car remix that Jermaine Dupri produced is tight but it's not on the album. I haven't heard his The Ruler's Back album. Has anybody heard that? Is it any good?

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Durag, don't even bother listening to Slick Rick's Behind Bars album because it's shitty. Sittin In My Car remix that Jermaine Dupri produced is tight but it's not on the album. I haven't heard his The Ruler's Back album. Has anybody heard that? Is it any good?
    The Rulers Back wasnt that good cause it sounded rushed and didnt have too good production. I like the track "Mistakes" though