Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50 Cent wants to produce last 2Pac album?

Default 50 Cent wants to produce last 2Pac album?

Found this text in other forum. What ya guys think about it? I'm a huge Pac fan i dont know, this seems a lil bit too disputable to me. I don't want to see Pac in G-Unit lol. Anyway here's the story:

Word is 50 says he'd like to executive produce 2Pac's new album and make sure 2Pac is promoted correctly. 50 also says he's concerned about the direction of 2Pac's material from his last effort. "I mean look at his last album. You can say there was no single and if it was it wasn't released in time and not only that, but it was probably released quietly, where absolutely no one heard about it. How do they expect to make money by doing that if the marketing isn't on point," asked 50.

According to 50, he feels 2Pac is deserving of better production and promotion then on some of his recent efforts and feels the only way that can happen is if he can be the overseer of his music projects. "2Pac has so many potential hits and he deserves better than what he's getting. I mean his posthumous albums are okay decent albums, but they can be better if you ask me. I'm a pac fan and I still listen to 2pac until this day. In fact I can listen to 3 2Pac albums straight without skipping a track."

2Pac who's untitled new album, which is stated to be his last released posthumous album is scheduled to be released in the Fall of this year, which marks his 10th year anniversary of his passing and is anticipated to be the best posthumous album to date. But the G-Unit general is not so sure that they can do an exceeding job that he is so promising to put forth if it was released under his direction and denies it will be his last. It's like every pac album that comes out with is his last. "That's just a promotional tactic that the people in charge of his music use for people to pick up his albums and they shouldn't have to go through all that because we all know pac was a workaholic and that there is no way that the last of his material are anywhere near. 50 Cent also said passionately and annoyed, "I feel the people running his material are not necessarily heading his work in the proper direction". 2Pac had an album come out some years ago and they only put out one single out of about an album filled with 30 songs and that single had Nas on it. To me that was the worst thing they could've done. Like why would they put Nas on a pac single and then worse make a video for it also as the lead single. It seems like the people in charge don't even listen to his music. That right there was a turn off to plenty of people. They missed the ball on making more huge hits, gaining more profit, and having his overall legacy be more than what it is. The album had so many potential singles such as "Who Do You Believe In", which relates to me and is probably one of my favorite joints ever. His mother has a center dedicated to him where supposedly all the album proceeds are put into that center, but with the way 2pac is promoted it's like there not really trying to make money. A 2pac album should be going at least 6x platinum a record, but since he has a weak marketing team and people who sit back and choose wrong choices of singles, the center is not making as much proceeds from his album as he should be because his albums aren't doing his real potential numbers."

"If this joint deal was to happen with Amaru/G-Unit I guarantee that 2Pac will have the greatest album to date ever," says Curtis "Interscope" Jackson boldly. "We're trying to be in talks with Amaru now and his estate and hopefully a conclusion of a joint venture can happen and we can make it happen for pac again. Me and Pac rocked the house on tha realists joint and we can do it again if the opportunity is given, where pac and I can team up again and have him linked to G-Unit. I don't see why his mother wouldn't want a joint venture with me. Mark my words, I guarantee an authentic 2pac album. I'll make a better album than All Eyez On Me and Makaveli and this is a guarantee. If Pac is with me on G-Unit I guarantee diamond status on every album because I would put out some of the best music of his life. All his mom needs is a promoter like me to do all the work and she can kick back."

There can't be any more 2Pac albums, 2Pac is dead.

lol, it's like 50 cent thinks he's alive....
    Too be honest I don't think pac would be collabing with 50 cent....
    But as Immortal Technique says 'You don't know shit about a dead man's perspective'........

They should release a greatest hits of the songs he did when he was alive too mark the 'anniversary', not some 50 cent produced album...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

^^^ yea pac wouldn't fuck with 50 at all

I want you to put your hands together and
    welcome him to the stage -- a big round of applause for Jackson Heights'
    own, Mr. Randy Watson! Yesssss!!!! Randy Watson!

PRODIGAL SUN

Yeah, It used to be (Every body wants to be a dj, Every body wants to an mc.. Now its Every body wants to be a producer.. lol

fuck 50cent and 2pac....pussys man......WU-TANG 4EVER

c.r.e.a.m.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

That made my day.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom

They should release a greatest hits of the songs he did when he was alive too mark the 'anniversary', not some 50 cent produced album...
    that already exists

Veteran Member

Can they let the man rest in peace already? greedy muthafuckas...

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Gambino-
    According to 50, he feels 2Pac is deserving of better production and promotion then on some of his recent efforts and feels the only way that can happen is if he can be the overseer of his music projects.
    LOL, That motherfucker really thinks he's greatest
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Quote Originally Posted by Slim T
    LOL, That motherfucker really thinks he's greatest
    I guess eminem's tupac album wasnt good enough for 50 lol

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

I quite liked Eminem's version, it's good in comparison with other posthumous shit (favorite prod - The Uppercut).

But, man.... Imagine really whole album of 2Pac with 50 on, even that one track Loyal to the Game was making me vomit.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

man jus wants to make money off tupacs name. like every other muthafuka who produced tupac tunes after he died. mans dead he created a legacy after himself, there no need to add on anymore.

fuck 50 man. he dont need to be doin that. now what i think they should do is make another pac album but use some beats that j dilla made before he died. that'd be dope